96 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was ok.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

• 2 weeks later...

This could have been a "meh" episode, but I think that Rainbow's insecurities really made me like her better as a character :). I thought the episode was pretty good :)

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Some great character development with Dashie, and Rarity learned her lesson big time. Fluttershy's 'yay' was hilarious, and when Rainbow Dash finally pulled off the Sonic Rainboom Fluttershy was cheering like crazy :D one of my favorite S1 episodes.

• 2 weeks later...

snap, i keep getting The Cutie Mark Chronicles confused in my head when i think about this episode, but now that i skimmed over Sonic Rainboom before adding my 2 cents, i get cleared up before i almost made a fool out of myself  xD

so absolutely no complaints from me about this episode, it was one of my favorite episodes of the series, especially from S1 <3

everything was awesome, i can't really say anything that hasn't been said already, but i will make highlight that i love how the episode started (like how everyone else loves this scene with FS and RD trying to teach her how to cheer) which led onto one of my favorite meme, the FUS RO yay~ ^_^ hehe.  but also, i must remark that when Rarity started flying up to the sun, and i realized she was warned about her wings being fragile, Flight Of Icarus by Iron Maiden played in my mind as her wings burned up "fly on your way like an eagle, fly, touch the sun!!!~"

i love RD  :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is an episode that many Bronies seem to be very nostalgic about and while i do too, i again feel that this episode gets too much praise.

I was kinda annoyed by Raritys portrayal in the episode. Yeah, i know it was supposed to be this way for her to teach a lesson, but i thought it was a bit too much for her.

I really liked the connection between Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, which further shows what kind of relationship they both have. It makes for a very interesting dynamic.

It also gives us further world building with the weather factory and the "spicy" Rainbows. :P

And again, you get your typical bullies, that seem to be a trademark in Season 1.

Overall, very good, but not as good as people might think.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

I loved this episode, as this is the episode i truly fell in love with rainbow dash, before hand I was just another fan, but after that, I became absolutely obsessed with her, in a good way, that is. It just showed a side of Dashie that you don't often see, a side were she has Doubt in her own abilities even though it was absolutely imposible for her not to win.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my favorite episodes in Season 1, after "Friendship is Magic" and "Suited for Success." The last scene is so well done (not sure how much spoilers I'm allowed to give.) 

Edited by ChB

• 1 month later...

Well in this episode, the outfit Rarity wore was by far the ugliest one she ever wore. It is weird for a pony to wear make up.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Best season1 episode for me. I liked Rarity and Rainbow Crash (no, this episode didn't ruin them at all) in it, best part was when Rarity did- you know... O.o

Ha! Crash beat those boys faces! Wait...why am I still calling her Crash...? But anyways, it was a really good episode and one of my favorites in season one. Go Dash!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I have mixed feelings of the sonic rainboom throughout the series. Why is it as a filly, when she first got her cutie mark, she instantly did a sonic rainboom whereas in this episode she did it no problem, and also in a later season finale episode I forget the name of she does it in 2 seconds. What's going ooooon!?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Definetly a stable of season 1 for sure plus Fluttershy making Rainbow freak out...hehe karma a female dog isn't it flutterhy (The pony tones episode whatever it was.)

• Brohoof 2