Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler S09:E16 - A Trivial Pursuit

Derplight Sperkle
Message added by Jeric

There will be spoilers within, please be forewarned.

How was the episode?  

78 users have voted

1. 1. How was the episode?

• Hate it
    • Dislike it
    • It was okay
    • Like it
    • Love it

" HES ASLEEP!!! " :laugh:

Oh my god, this Episode had so many great facial animations and was soooo funny! I enjoyed all of it! I dont even care if Twilights acting in this episode would contradict her character arc, i dont care a single bit, people make mistakes, how Twilight behaved was normal in my eyes.

This whole Episode was just to funny to me to criticize one bit. Definitely one of my faves.

• 1 year later...
On 2019-08-24 at 8:47 PM, StitchandMLPlover said:

I consider all official Hasbro released episodes, all of EG and the MLP 2017 movie canon regardless of how much I hate a particular episode. "Trivial" is canon! I'm not one of those weirdos who calls unlikable episodes non canon. I can't stand when fandoms write off parts of a show as non canon because they don't like an episode or spin off. I'm allowed to criticize writing however. :) 

I don’t think it makes people weird to do it though. Fans don’t have to like every single thing a fandom puts out.  It’s just an individual reaction. Everyone deals in their own way and there’s nothing wrong with those of us who deal with it that way at times. I’m one of them in some fandoms. 

• 8 months later...

Really liked this episode, and i was already expecting something funny on it.

I'm gonna be honest, i was never a fan of when Twilight gets crazy or anything, not that i don't like it, it's just that is the same thing over and over again, she gets crazy and selfish and etc, i didn't find it funny now, i just think it's kinda annoying and i really felt bad for Pinkie.

At least the ending was really sweet.

• Brohoof 1

18 minutes ago, GloryForShame said:

I'm gonna be honest, i was never a fan of when Twilight gets crazy or anything, not that i don't like it, it's just that is the same thing over and over again, she gets crazy and selfish and etc, i didn't find it funny now, i just think it's kinda annoying and i really felt bad for Pinkie.

To me it's more that this type of reaction from her is how she used to be back in season 1. But season 9 feels to me like they had trouble getting Twilight to realistically replace Celestia. We have this episode where she goes crazy over "nothing", and the very next episode, all hell breaks loose and she doesn't bat an eye because "I don't do that anymore" ? You just went crazy mode yesterday, on one of your very best friend by the way, over a game OF TRIVIAL PURSUIT. I think that's what's bugging me the most, because I used to love when Twilight went into her particular type of anxiety/over-analytical mode, but in this episode it felt like a cheap plot device.

• Brohoof 1