Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky
Message added by Jeric

There will be spoilers within, please be forewarned.

Uprooted  

110 users have voted

1. 1. Like or dislike?

• Everyone: *gasps in horror* Gallus: Sandbar, where's the tree?! (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Smolder: Bor-ing! (I dislike it!)
    • Young Six: *looks at each other unassuredly* (…meh…)
    • Smolder: Yeah. Like a bunch of different parts all smushed together. Silverstream *hugs friends*: Oh, it's just like us! (I like it!)
    • Yona: Yona think it's perfect! (I LOVE IT!)

I think it will be similar to "castle sweet castle", with the students instead of the mane 6, considering they knew the tree was sentient.

Spoiler

The thing I'm interested in is: is the spirit of the tree is still around. To be fair, I hope the tree is done for good, so we could feel that the stakes are high this season.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

I think it will be similar to "castle sweet castle", with the students instead of the mane 6, considering they knew the tree was sentient.

Hide contents

The thing I'm interested in is: is the spirit of the tree is still around. To be fair, I hope the tree is done for good, so we could feel that the stakes are high this season.

Discord was right they don't need the tree or the princess . Their friendship is enough to protect equestria.

However one thing about the friendship is magic thing is this.

they must all hold hooves to unlock the power to defeat their foes.

Can they still channel into the magic of friendship if they are apart from each other. Or does this only work when close by holding hooves.

The trio of villians will get the friend me bug like What happened to discord.

Scorpan might return to help the ponies.

• Brohoof 1

Nice to see we are getting such a seemingly plot important episode right after the premiere, if you look at mos seasons that hasn't happened

Season 8 was The Maud Couple, which was definitely the weakest Maud episode and not really relevant to the plot in anyway
Season 7 was A Flurry of Emotions, which was actually a really solid episode and gave is that juicy Grogar foreshadowing
Season 6 was The Gift of the Maud Pie, the second weakest Maud episode but still good nonetheless, but not really important.
Season 5 was Castle Sweet Castle, which was plot and continuity-heavy as it dealt with the loss of the Golden Oak Library
Season 4 was Castle-Mania, which was had some chest talk at the beginning and a hilarious episode overall, but not that important in the plot (though we did get a pony of shadows name drop.
Season 3 was Too many Pinkies, not plot important
Season 2 was Lesson Zero, VERY plot important
Season 1 was Ticket Master, also very important setting up the """""""""""""arc""""""""""" of that season and the finale.

Point being, I like getting such a plot important episode right after the premiere, I just really hope our dear students don't take the spotlight too much this season.

Edited by RyanMahaffe
  • Brohoof 3

2 minutes ago, RaphLuna said:

Discord was right they don't need the tree or the princess . Their friendship is enough to protect equestria.

However one thing about the friendship is magic thing is this.

they must all hold hooves to unlock the power to defeat their foes.

Can they still channel into the magic of friendship if they are apart from each other. Or does this only work when close by holding hooves.

The trio of villians will get the friend me bug like What happened to discord.

Scorpan might return to help the ponies.

I hope they will bring scorpan, even thou it will probably mean tirek reforms. If we go by the synopsis to this episode it seems the spirit survived since the young 6 got magical summons. Sure it won't stop the mane 6 from saving the world but the itself is like a separate force as seen in s8, making its lose more impact-full.

And yaeh, Its cool to see a follow up episode to the premiere immediately, hopefully more to follow soon.

10 minutes ago, RyanMahaffe said:

I just really hope our dead students don't ...

They are not yet dead :mlp_yeehaa:

Nicole Dubac being the writer being has me interested. It's no secret she's been kinda hit or miss so far with the episodes, mostly because some character has to be put in the wrong and right for the lesson to commence with not the most solid execution (Twilight/Neighsay, Twilight/CMC/Cozy Glow, Starlight/Discord) but here we have a straightforward episode with characters reacting to a situation rather than a character creating a problem. It's something we have yet to see from her and the writing for the Students in the premiere and finale were one of the better aspects of each.

Edited by KH7672
  • Brohoof 1

Well, got work to do. First time I won’t be watching poneh live stream in years as result :(. I definitely will seek a way to watch the series finale tho, even if I have to skip work :proud:

Commercial break.

Looks like this is a proper follow up to the premiere, more so than any season before. I haven't seen any spoilers or read the synopsis, so I don't know what happens!

• Brohoof 1

37 minutes ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

2yhsft.jpg.f7078b82733e950e95a02213c8c32cf2.jpg

I'll be sleeping off this cold, somebody shout if Thorax or Pharynx show up. :mlp_wat:

*Grabs megaphone* YO! Thorax showed up for about a minute or so, so wakey-wakey!

When I first read the snynopis for this episode I was at least a little bit interested in seeing it.  I mean I didn't really expect the next episode of the season to directly address the events of the premiere, so I was looking forward to seeing how that would play out.

I don't really have a lot to say about the episode, but unlike something like Applejack's Day Off, it isn't because this episode was boring.  I thought it managed to do a decent enough job at keeping my attention, and was a good showcase of the personalities of each member of the young 6.

We got a fun new song which is something that I always like getting.  Also I am interested in seeing where the show will go from here with the whole tree of harmony evolving and adapting thing.

So yeah I thought this was a solid episode.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Zephyr / Karou said:

Too bad Darth Vader ruined it. Other than that, I can't say I'm surprised that the tree isn't dead.

Also, Hasbro has to sell more toys.

They will, but for now, let's look to the future.

Now that it's 9 in the morning here, I usually would get ready to go to work, but.... no open positions today. Sigh.

This episode has been great as usual, but I need to make my keep. Hopefully next week...