Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Bangcolt Arena! (Fighting/Sol) (RP)

P-Jay

(edited)

@Orion Caelum

"Well..." she said, pausing for a moment to gather her answers.

"I guess I should start by saying they are, in fact, conscious, and can think and understand as well as you or I can. Along with that, yes, they do carry their own personalities and quirks. Heartthrob, for instance, is usually an absolutely hopeless romantic," she said, exchanging a knowing glance at the doll, "but also has a fiery temper, and is a crackshot with a bow and arrow. Hero is a bit more... stand-offish, but he has a noble side to him, as well, and is absolutely amazing with a sword and shield. And Glory is the mother of the group, the one that's always protecting me and the others. She's incredibly patient... except when it comes to Nightmare."

Glory seemed to nod in agreement as she continued.

"Also, yes, they do talk. In fact, Glory was the one that suggested that I meet you here, not to mention dropping the return note off herself once I finished writing it. Of course, the only ponies that have ever heard them speak is my family, which i'll admit is not always the best thing when you find yourself traveling to strange places and can't explain it. Still, I guess it's good to have someone to talk to when you're traveling, and they do make great conversationalists," she said, looking up at the dolls and smiling before looking back at him.

"Also, no, you're not offending them. Although they think it would be nice, they understand they would just have to relay what they said back to me anyway before I got it you, and they wish not to waste our time. As for their attitude toward you... they're actually very pleased; you're one of the few ponies they've met that have treated them with proper respect, and they told me to tell you they appreciate it." she said, each of the dolls once again bowing in respect in time to her words.

"Now, as to their origins. Well, each of them was just an ordinary doll at one point, just like I was an ordinary puppeteer. I wanted to spice up my shows, and do something that nopony's ever done before. So, though i'm so terrible at magic it took me the better half of a year to learn, I finally managed to get enough magical theory under my hat to use a Come to Life spell on my dolls. It was the only major spell I ever dabbled in." she decided to add off-handedly.

"Well, it worked as intended, and the dolls certainly did come to life. But that was the same moment when I got my cutie mark, and in my case, also the same moment when I got the traditional unicorn magical surge. I must have poured way too much energy into the spell, because I passed out, only to wake up to Glory and the others trying insistently to wake me up. They've been like that ever since; I must have tried dozens of different dolls with the same spell, but it only falls apart after a week, and they never talk to me. No doubt, these guys are special," She said with an air of pride around her.

"Now as for the flying... and the magic, I honestly can't begin to tell you. I do have a theory, though. When I get tired or sick, they seem to slow down, and i've heard from Sleight Mist they stop moving entirely when i'm unconscious, like they're ordinary dolls again. If I had to take a guess, i'd wager they're somehow using my energy to run all of their crazy shennanigans, though again, I can't begin to tell you how that works, and I don't really want to risk taking them to a scientist because... you know," she said, confident he knew exactly what that particular encounter would consist of. Incredulity, at first, perhaps followed by a panicked study when they realized she was serious. Then, when no options remained, they'd turn to dissection, all while Anette watched...

She shuddered involuntarily, tears threatening to build up before she broke that thought.

"As for whether Glory is actually an alicorn, well... yes and no. An alicorn in form, yes, but each of them was hand-made by me, so they're not exactly organic in any sense. In fact, each of them is made from different materials. Glory is glass, Hero is wood, Heartthrob is velvet, and Nightmare is iron, although each one is deceptively strong and durable, I can assure you. At least, they fight with Nightmare all the time, and although their coats are damaged, i've never seen scratches on them," she said matter-of-factly.

"And that should just about finish all your questions..." she said. Thinking for a moment, she reached into the saddlebag at her side, pulling out bits one at a time and laying them on Wilhelm's bed until there were ten in all. 

"You won," she explained after the last coin was placed. "No one's ever thought to ask about my doll's well-beings before, and I did say ten bits if you could ask a question i've never heard. A promise is a promise," she said in a light-hearted but insistent tone.

Edited by Corona de Adamas

"Touch me again and you'll get more burns you weirdo. If you're burned to a crisp you'll definitely feel it." What a cheater this one was, or too agile. One of the two. My Version 4.2 Magitek Combat Armor arrived and quickly attached in pieces. Two can play at this game. I made the swords bigger and harder to dodge, while making more of them. I had about ten large swords swinging now which would be harder to dodge, while the metal tentacles continued to grasp at him and also increased to a large count. My armor's Horn Enhancer Module normalized my mana expenditures, which meant I could keep this up pretty much indefinitely.

"Hehe I love it when fights get hard!" Skitz stopped dodging and just started hitting them with his hammer. Hard. No doubt it wouldn't be long until everything broke. Then one of the swords slashed him right between the turtles. He continued to hit. He glanced down at the wound. "That will cost you."

Instead of hitting any thing else he flew straight for lektra hammer drawn screaming some nonsense about the origins of wood.

A hammer? Really? He broke a couple of tentacles. Big deal. I can just reform them as quick as he hits them, and there wasn't enough force to damage the swords at all. Eventually the tentacles would grab him.

"Cost me what? My sanity? No thanks. Yield or the pain will increase. You're outmatched." The hammer hit connected, but had absolutely no effect. Not even dealing any damage to the shields. Too weak. After that I made the tentacles go for him. About twenty gold tentacles going for him while the ten huge swords continued to make precise slashes. Even if he managed to get out of being grabbed, one of the swords had to get him again.

"No not your sanity what are you, mad?" Skitz said as he threw his hammer to the ground, put turtle gloves on his hooves, summoned some turtle soul power and threw a mighty punch towards lektra's horn."ID MUCH PREFER SOME WAFFLES AFTER THIS FIGHT AND AN EXTENDED STAY AT THE HOSPITAL!!"

(edited)

He's jumping at me? Really? How naïve. Either the tentacles will grab him, or what happens next. I floated up on the boosters, not even bothering to dodge.

Mana Missiles online. Lightning Beams online. Out of parts all over the armor the weapon systems showed themselves as I let it all loose at him. I also shot the Lightning Beams from all four hooves. "Yield or die. I'm sorry."

That much power should kill the turtles then go right through them, and with the position he was in there couldn't be any time to dodge. Could there?

Edited by bronislav84

(edited)

He's jumping at me? Really? How naïve. Either the tentacles will grab him, or what happens next. I floated up on the boosters, not even bothering to dodge.

Mana Missiles online. Lightning Beams online. Out of parts all over the armor the weapon systems showed themselves as I let it all loose at him. I also shot the Lightning Beams from all four hooves. "Yield or die. I'm sorry."

"Its ok" skitz stood up. "I yield." Skitz said with a smile only a true psychopath could pull off. "I will have to do some journeying and get better stuff." As he walked off he took off his turtle gloves, picked up his hammer, and flew towards the announcer booth, that announcer still owed money. Edited by Mars orbit

I stopped the attack and disarmed the missiles midway, stopping the tentacles and the swords as well. They dissolved harmlessly. "For a bit I actually thought you were *that* crazy. Thank you for the battle Skitz."

The Version 4.2 Magitek Combat Armor retracted back into pieces and I sent it flying home until it was needed again. I had another battle, but I needed to relax a bit. I'd actually gotten tense from that. Sparky transformed back into his normal form as we headed to the rest station.

"AND THE WINNER IS LEKTRA BOLT! GRANTED, HER ARMOR WAS KINDA...PUSHING THE RULES. BUT SINCE SKITZ DIDNT OBJECT, IT WAS ALLOWED. THANK YOU, FOLKS, AND BE SURE TO COME BACK TOMORROW FOR THE NEXT MATCH, ICE BLIZZARD VS CALIBER!!! GOOD NIGHT, AND--"

"HEY, WHO ARE YOU?!"

caliber heard the announcement. "might as well get some sleep." he thought, before heading to bed.

• Brohoof 1

...Sleight Mist sat on her bed, horn glowing softly while she concentrated. All around her, runes and magical equations covered the walls and even the ceiling; she had run out of notebooks a while ago, and had had to get creative. Dimly, she was aware of the fact that since her last fight, she had barely eaten and hadn't slept for more than minutes at a time, but she fought the urge to do either; in her eyes, it was worth it. On the table, the water in the cup was making little geometric patterns according to her thoughts. She finally made it assume a tower shape before letting it fall back into the glass with a small splash. She smiled, which combined with her now very red eyes and disheveled mane to form a very spooky sight in the dark.

"Success," she whispered. Phase 2 had been completed. On to phase 3.

Reaching out with magic again, she once brought the water out of the cup. This time, it was in the form of a small ball, which she gently floated towards her until it was directly eye level with her. The, satisfied she had control of it, she dispersed it, the water breaking down into droplets and spreading through the air.

She gritted her teeth; now the hard part. She reached out with her magic into the air, searching for the connection she had just recently had. After a moment, she found it, along with more water that was simply hanging in the air around her. She took control of it as well, careful not to steal too much, before condensing it back inside the cup on the table.

The effect was instantaneous. The cup, which had been empty seconds before, now overflowed with water falling over the sides. With a smile, she channeled her magic to get it to stop, the excess water once again shooting off into the atmosphere. "Success," she thought, as she stopped channeling magic, the room once again becoming dark without her horn's aura to light it. On to stage 4.

She walked under the cover of night, locating Caliber's room without too much difficulty. She had had a little trouble breaking the lock, but it had also been great practice; forcing water inside the lock and pulling energy from it to freeze it popped it off without a hitch. She walked inside the room, only to find Caliber fast asleep. Not taking any chances on his sleeping habits, she stood a sword's swing distance away from him before speaking.

"Caliber," she said in a voice just loud enough to wake him, "I need you... to help me train."

(edited)

caliber woke up, and saw sleight. he smiled. "knew you'd come to me." he said. he got up, stretched, noticed his wounds were healed, and put on his cloak and sword. he turned towards sleight. "i saw your desire to get stronger last time i saw ya. so, whattaya need to train on?" he asked, walking down the hallway.

meanwhile...

Rune had been wandering around, looking for something to do while waiting for somepony to challenge him. he saw a couple ponies come outside, talking. he grinned. 'ill just see what the're up to, no harm done.' he thought, as he activated an invisibility rune from his book.

Edited by PeytonJay

"My new magic," she said simply. Then, her horn lit up, preparing for magic. She frowned briefly before beginning, though; something big was disturbing the water particles in the air, but they were the only two ponies there... 

She dismissed it and focused on her magic, concentrating heavily. From out of the air, water condensed into the form of a whip, which she cracked once for show before she dissipated it back into the air.

"It's what i've been working on ever since my last match. But I don't know if I can control it in a fight yet, which is why i'm asking for your help. Not here, though, let's go to the training grounds," she said, leading Caliber there and every so often, looking around suspiciously, though she couldn't find anything.

caliber's eyes brightened when he saw the whip. "so, i just guard and dodge? seems right." he grinned, and walked with her.

rune saw the whip. he needed to know what kind of magic that was. it seemed...new. at least, one he hasn't seen before. he followed, and hiding for some reason whenever sleight would look around.

@Orion Caelum

"Well..." she said, pausing for a moment to gather her answers.

"I guess I should start by saying they are, in fact, conscious, and can think and understand as well as you or I can. Along with that, yes, they do carry their own personalities and quirks. Heartthrob, for instance, is usually an absolutely hopeless romantic," she said, exchanging a knowing glance at the doll, "but also has a fiery temper, and is a crackshot with a bow and arrow. Hero is a bit more... stand-offish, but he has a noble side to him, as well, and is absolutely amazing with a sword and shield. And Glory is the mother of the group, the one that's always protecting me and the others. She's incredibly patient... except when it comes to Nightmare."

Glory seemed to nod in agreement as she continued.

"Also, yes, they do talk. In fact, Glory was the one that suggested that I meet you here, not to mention dropping the return note off herself once I finished writing it. Of course, the only ponies that have ever heard them speak is my family, which i'll admit is not always the best thing when you find yourself traveling to strange places and can't explain it. Still, I guess it's good to have someone to talk to when you're traveling, and they do make great conversationalists," she said, looking up at the dolls and smiling before looking back at him.

"Also, no, you're not offending them. Although they think it would be nice, they understand they would just have to relay what they said back to me anyway before I got it you, and they wish not to waste our time. As for their attitude toward you... they're actually very pleased; you're one of the few ponies they've met that have treated them with proper respect, and they told me to tell you they appreciate it." she said, each of the dolls once again bowing in respect in time to her words.

"Now, as to their origins. Well, each of them was just an ordinary doll at one point, just like I was an ordinary puppeteer. I wanted to spice up my shows, and do something that nopony's ever done before. So, though i'm so terrible at magic it took me the better half of a year to learn, I finally managed to get enough magical theory under my hat to use a Come to Life spell on my dolls. It was the only major spell I ever dabbled in." she decided to add off-handedly.

"Well, it worked as intended, and the dolls certainly did come to life. But that was the same moment when I got my cutie mark, and in my case, also the same moment when I got the traditional unicorn magical surge. I must have poured way too much energy into the spell, because I passed out, only to wake up to Glory and the others trying insistently to wake me up. They've been like that ever since; I must have tried dozens of different dolls with the same spell, but it only falls apart after a week, and they never talk to me. No doubt, these guys are special," She said with an air of pride around her.

"Now as for the flying... and the magic, I honestly can't begin to tell you. I do have a theory, though. When I get tired or sick, they seem to slow down, and i've heard from Sleight Mist they stop moving entirely when i'm unconscious, like they're ordinary dolls again. If I had to take a guess, i'd wager they're somehow using my energy to run all of their crazy shennanigans, though again, I can't begin to tell you how that works, and I don't really want to risk taking them to a scientist because... you know," she said, confident he knew exactly what that particular encounter would consist of. Incredulity, at first, perhaps followed by a panicked study when they realized she was serious. Then, when no options remained, they'd turn to dissection, all while Anette watched...

She shuddered involuntarily, tears threatening to build up before she broke that thought.

"As for whether Glory is actually an alicorn, well... yes and no. An alicorn in form, yes, but each of them was hand-made by me, so they're not exactly organic in any sense. In fact, each of them is made from different materials. Glory is glass, Hero is wood, Heartthrob is velvet, and Nightmare is iron, although each one is deceptively strong and durable, I can assure you. At least, they fight with Nightmare all the time, and although their coats are damaged, i've never seen scratches on them," she said matter-of-factly.

"And that should just about finish all your questions..." she said. Thinking for a moment, she reached into the saddlebag at her side, pulling out bits one at a time and laying them on Wilhelm's bed until there were ten in all. 

"You won," she explained after the last coin was placed. "No one's ever thought to ask about my doll's well-beings before, and I did say ten bits if you could ask a question i've never heard. A promise is a promise," she said in a light-hearted but insistent tone.

Wilhelm, throughout her explanation, volleyed through incredulity, excitement, and cold logic. He waited calmly for Annete to finish, and then spoke, with the measured cadence of somepony who was very excited but too well-trained to show it. "First of all, you can have your money back. I have far too much than I know what to do with now thanks to the past few matches, anyway. Second, I have a theory of how your dolls work." He paused for a moment, thinking. "When you created them, the fact that you imbued so much of your natural magic into them not only made them sapient, it made them possess a link to you; this may have to do with the underlying harmonic field agitation and subsequent issues with probability and magic of receiving a Cutie Mark, but I digress; I don't think you'd like to hear a dissertation on Unifying Harmony theory. They feed off of your excess magical energy to maintain the spell, consciously or unconsciously. When you're unconscious or tired, you possess far less energy than you did, and your body closes off the natural magical conduit unicorns' bodies maintain with their surroundings (which indirectly lets them recharge their magic from ley lines), and I would venture a guess that your dolls regress into a dormant state while the flow of magic from you is cut off entirely, and they slow when their energy intake is lessened, such as ponies slow when they become malnourished. I would also venture that the dolls absorb some amount of energy from the terrain, which means that when their primary food source is cut off- you- they are able to maintain a dormant state instead of shutting down utterly and resetting." He shrugged. "Of course, this is all conjecture." Wilhelm leaned back. "Now, it's your turn, I suppose. In the interest of being fair, you get to ask me eight questions- one extra than I asked you, because you're a lot more interesting than other ponies I've played this little game with."

(edited)
"Why, thank you," said Anette cheerfully in response. Truth be told, she hoped that this would continue She was rather enjoying this turn of events; it wasn't every day you got to hold a conversation with mysterious stranger.

"I hope you don't mind me using my friends, though, since they're so close to me. I'm sure they questions of their own as well," she said, looking at her dolls, who nodded in response. And with that, the group bunched together in a huddle, whispering excitedly for a minute before coming back up to face Wilhelm. Anette gave the pegasi a confident grin.

"Okay. So, Hero noticed your sword, and wanted to know where you picked up the skills. He also saw the potion you pulled out during the fight to help with your pain, and wants to know if you're a soldier or a military man."

"Next, Heartthrob. She saw your bow, and she's curious as to whether you made all of those gadgets yourself. She also wants to know... if you're a married man. I'm sorry," she said, blushing a little before looking at Heartthrob with a hopeless expression.

"Glory. Uh, Glory likes you, I promise! ... but she's still cautious. She wants to know what your aim in this contest is, be it money or otherwise. She was also insistent on me asking whether or not any of the information you obtained from me is going to be used to bring harm to her or the rest of her family.She says... she knows a scientist when she sees one."

She coughed to break the awkward tension a little before continuing.

"And want to know..." she said, her eyes suddenly shining again, "Why did you go to Tartarus, and what's it really like there?! It must be an absolutely amazing story!" she said, almost unable to contain her excitement. She practically tossed herself backwards into a nearby chair and sat, waiting expectantly for Wilhelm's answers.
----------

...They finally made it to the training grounds, a large but simple field complete with training dummies sporting all sorts of weaponry in one corner, and target practices lined up in the other. She led him to the middle of the field before turning around to talk to him.

"Okay, we should be fine here," she said, looking around. "Look, the problem is, i'm great at this when i'm concentrating, but I need to know I can do this under pressure, and rely on it in a fight." she said, lighting up her horn as she did so. "That's where you come... in..."

She frowned as she felt the familiar connection to the water begin again; it was being disturbed. This was the second time, so she couldn't possibly be imagining things: something or someone was watching them. She didn't like being watched.

"Hey Caliber," she said, grinning, "mind if we turn this up a bit?" With that, she switched spells, the air beginning to heat up around her. Then, forcing her magic into the disturbance, she used her magic to forcefully liquefy the same space, resulting in an explosion of steam. It drifted out, covering the entire field and some overhang in an almost impenetrable fog. She gave a look of satisfaction; hopefully now whatever was watching them would just as blind to her as she was to it.

"Use your aura," she said, taking a note back to Caliber's eyes. "Can you see me?"

Edited by Corona de Adamas

caliber frowned. "i can try..." he said, as his eyes widened, and he peered where she was. "i can see your aura...but just barely." he reported, "if you were to, say, run around, id have no idea where you are. thats when id rely on my other senses." he closed his eyes, and disabled his eyesight, taste, and feel. his other senses were enhanced. he could 'see' where she was at, listening to her breathing, and her scent.

he coulda swore he saw another aura, but that was crazy talk. who'd be there with them?

-----

Rune saw the mist billow out, and he grinned. given enough notes in that particular spell, he could most likely make a...he would guess a glyph.

Skitz walked into his old messed up apartment, Then immediately fell face first onto the floor. "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu....." he stopped. The bunny, marcus, he snuck up to marcus the bunny. He grabbed the bunny. "Tell me your secrets." He looked at the bunny closely. "I see."

"Dude put down my bunny." Mars said groggily. "What are you doing?" "Something, mars do you happen to know where might I go to get a new hammer? Mine is actually useless. I just got a few ideas for some equipment." Mars looked at skitz and threw a pillow "I will never understand...where did you get that money from?"

Blizzard did some excercises to prep for his and Caliber's fight, "Hup two three four! And punch the guy square in the face! Counter with IC4! Engage big blast! *pewsh*" Blizzard froze a giant boulder and ran into it smashing it to pieces, "Babam! I think I just might be ready for this!"

"Okay," she said, "let's start slow then; I don't want me hurting you to be the reason you lost your fight with Ice Blizzard," she said, gritting her teeth slightly at the name as she lit up her horn. The mist did wonderfully to boost her senses, she found out; she could tell where objects were simply by the way the water moved over them rather than through them. Over on the side were the training dummies, opposite them were the target practices, and right in front of her... Caliber's body, outlined as perfectly as if she were looking at him. Useful, maybe she didn't need aura after all.

She pulled some water from the mist around her, condensing it into little balls before she sent them flying at Caliber's impression at a decent speed. The balls wouldn't be enough to hurt, but they would be annoying, exploding to release three times as much water as they appeared to hold on impact. If Caliber got hit, he would be going home soaking wet.

caliber sliced through the first one, and it exploded, soaking him. "aw, man!" he said, before dodging the other two, using his hearing to find out when to move. (listening to the air) "sleight, ya didnt tell me they would release that much water! now i gotta wring my cloak out, maybe iron it..."

------

Rune was scribbling down notes about the way her spell works. "uh-huh...water moister from the air...condensed...heat then cooled it to make the mist...this is remarkable!"

"Don't worry," she shouted to Caliber in the mist, "water magic; I can pull it out later." She created five more balls, each of them roughly the size of the last ones. "Unless you prefer I use ice instead," she said, grinning. The balls began to move around in intricate patterns before moving towards their target, and she watched the outline of Caliber dodging about in the mist.

After a few seconds of time dwelling on it, she decided she should no longer keep what she'd felt earlier a secret. In a voice just loud enough for him to hear, she said "Caliber, i've been meaning to ask. I feel like we're being watched; you don't know of anyone at this tournament who can camouflage themselves, do you?

@,

caliber stopped for a moment, and got hit. shaking the water out, he looked at her. "i can try to see if anyone's followed us...hold on, give me a sec..." his eyes got hazy, and he peered around. he saw sleight's orange-and-green aura...but...he saw another one. a greyish one. mixed in with burnt orange. "hey, who are you?!" he demanded, walking towards apparently nothing.

------

'crap.' rune thought to himself, as caliber apparently figured out where he was. 'no use hiding, now.' he dis-spelled the rune he had cast on himself, and he seemingly materialized into existence. "sorry..." he said sheepishly, "i was just too curious..."

caliber grinned. "oh, theres a way to make up for that." he said

"what?" 

"your our target. for practice. that okay with you, sleight?" he called, "after all, not everypony has my reflexes and abilities."

Sleight Mist watched Caliber's outline walk towards what was seemingly nothing, his aura reading apparently doing what her mist couldn't. She heard shouting, and guessed that the culprit had been found.

"Guess I won't need this anymore," she said, pulling the mist in. She drew it into a ball roughly twenty times her body size, slowing moving it away from the group into an empty patch of the training area. Then, she let it go, positively dousing the field. The excess water began to flow around everyone's hooves as she spoke.

"I'm completely okay with that," she said silkily, moving over next to Caliber's side. She pulled up water from the ground, making balls until she had five standing in a semi-circle around her. She turned back to the pony "But, just a warning," she said, flash freezing the balls suddenly. "This may hurt a little," she said, sending the frozen balls flying in his direction.

rune saw the balls flash-freeze, and smiled. if there was one thing he had an advantage over, it was ice. he raised his tattoo'd arm, and concentrated on the mark on his hoof. fire roared into existence, and hit the fire, melting. it didnt hurt that much.

he raised his hoof, which was now engulfed in fire. "you want me to turn it hotter?" he asked causally.

Sleight Mist wasn't expecting it, and was momentarily startled when saw the fire leap into existence, consuming the ice. She paused for a second after the flames died down. Then, suddenly she smiled. This just got interesting.

"If you feel you're up to it, but i'm no longer holding back," she smirked. Drawing on more water, she would up with sixteen balls. She froze eight of them before sending them all flying, the balls flying in multiple directions around the stranger before moving in to attack him.

rune's eyes widened. 'uh-oh.' he thought, before scrambling about, trying to dodge and melt/evaporate the water/ice at the same time.

"geez, lady! i was just joking!"

then suddenly, he got an idea. he concentrated on another part of his arm, and the flames died down, to be replaced by lightning. the water droplets around sleight mist would work in his favor. he kicked a water ball, scattering water in her direction, then unleashed a charge of lighting, which bounced from drop-to-drop, towards sleight.

-----

Caliber's eyes had widened when he saw his arm burst into flames. and smiled when his arm became shrouded in lightning. 'he seems good, is he fighting here, at the arena?' he wondered to himself.