Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cuddle Cresent - Just an Ordinary Day

Overlord0909

The air was thick with smoke... What the hay?! I jumped up in surprise, to realize my tent was on fire! As I pondered the fact, I hear a rumbling outside, probably the creature that caused the fire. I grab my saddle bag, and open up the big flab on the right hooved side. I rummaged around quickly, but not fumbling, and felt the artifact... The Lightning Bolt artifact, able to use magic to fire a single powerful shot everytime it's charged up. Perfect... Well at least it'll be cool to use.

As I pull the artifact over my one hoof, like a glove, a sudden shadow appears with the sound of rushing wind. Something big is about to hit me. I get into a crouch and roll out of the tent in one smooth motion, feeling the leafy safety as it brushes up against my flank. Then as I get up outside, I watch my tent get scoped up by a large claw. I soon imagined what creature was angry.

Just another dragon.

"Little pony... You should have let me knock you out, then you wouldn't have had to suffer as I prepare you for my next meal..." The dragon spoke, with a slurred, slimy voice, but strangely, easy to understand. It stood easily about 20 times my height (Which was six and a half feet), and had evil yellow eyes glaring at me, hungry.

Was I scared? I guess any sane pony would be... But I'm not that sane of a pony I guess. I gave a cheeky smile, and aimed my Lightning Bolt at the dragon's head. I think: At least he's not a grudge dragon, those ones are annoying to deal with...

"And miss the expression on your face when I do this? Never!" I say, then dig my hoof in deeper to the artifact, a surge of magic rushes into it, and a charge emits a blue glow around the Lightning Bolt. The glow centers itself on the point of the artifact, and as the dragon gave a dumb look, a beam of powerful magic hits him straight in the face.

The blast had a strong enough kickback, that it sent me flying back, overtop a steep cliff. I immediately grab hold of the edge, and hang on for dear life. As I hang there, dazed, I think about the events leading up to this moment...

"Yep... Another usual, ordinary day..." She sighs, hearing the dragon cry off in the distance. "Can't wait for the rest of the day..."

Edited by Overlord0909