Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

KraznorG

Saw the latest Mad Max yesterday. Really, deeply impressed by it. Just a purely focused action/chase movie that expertly paints a really large mythology in 2 hours and packed with some incredible sights and sounds. "Awesome" is a word that describes it, "Metal" is the word I keep thinking on as it was just such a delightful cacophony of insane things. Skulls on everything, psychotic bald dudes spray-painting their mouths before dying fantastically in car chases. Non-stop car-chase, effectively. The main truck is always rolling. I only saw the original and most of The Road Warrior prior to this but I suspect anyone wanting to see something unlike anything else ought to see this one.

Anyone interested in it? I couldn't find another topic about it and it opens today (saw the advance Thursday screening yesterday) so it seems there isn't a TON of hype for it. Regardless, I think its worth a look. On a big-screen if possible. I want sequels. So bit of cajoling going on. But dude...what a ride. 

I went to see it on Thursday too, after watching the trailer I just couldn't resist. The first 3 with Mel Gibson never appealed to me, but the new one was probably the film I was most hyped up for this year, and it did not disappoint in any way, amazing movie

I want sequels.

I believe I heard somewhere it's gonna be a trilogy? Like not talking about the original trilogy, but a new one with Tom Hardy? I don't know how they're gonna do it, as Fury road was marketed as a remake of the 2nd film, so does that mean they're only counting the 1st original film and making 3 more, 1 of which has already been done? I dunno. Either way, I too would love to see sequels to the new era of Mad Max

I went to see it on Thursday too, after watching the trailer I just couldn't resist. The first 3 with Mel Gibson never appealed to me, but the new one was probably the film I was most hyped up for this year, and it did not disappoint in any way, amazing movie

I believe I heard somewhere it's gonna be a trilogy? Like not talking about the original trilogy, but a new one with Tom Hardy? I don't know how they're gonna do it, as Fury road was marketed as a remake of the 2nd film, so does that mean they're only counting the 1st original film and making 3 more, 1 of which has already been done? I dunno. Either way, I too would love to see sequels to the new era of Mad Max

According to the Wikipedia article on the film, George Miller had a plan for

two movies featuring the Furiosa character, so I'd imagine establishing the new city they take over in this one may comprise some of it?

That was in 2010 then so who knows what will come to pass. If it doesn't earn its budget back though, none of that is likely. Glad someone else saw it and liked it round here.