Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

request Help with OC: Stage Light/Fright

Marciblook

Well, let's start with a pony race.

Would you like an earth pony, pegasus, unicorn, alicorn, bat pony, crystal pony, etc.?

Not entirely, I know the personality, more or less. I'm just stuck on the backstory and the look of them

And it's his/hers

Did you have any colors in mind?

Well, I just thought it might be something like...Light's coat might be white or off white, and Fright's might be a dark color...like dark grey or black or something

Well, I just thought it might be something like...Light's coat might be white or off white, and Fright's might be a dark color...like dark grey or black or something

So they are like opposites of each other?

Yeah, if you read the profile... Light is, more or less, a lot like pinkie. Where as Fright is more...well, think of it like pinkie and pinkamena, except...different

Like, Light is a mare, and Fright is a stallion...

Yeah, if you read the profile... Light is, more or less, a lot like pinkie. Where as Fright is more...well, think of it like pinkie and pinkamena, except...different

Like, Light is a mare, and Fright is a stallion...

Sounds like a pretty unique idea.

I suppose all you have to do is design them and give them a backstory

(edited)

Yeah, I know I could...but I'm kinda being lazy about it I guess...

...I have no idea what Light's mane should look like...

I seem to have gone for more of a purple color scheme...

And now I've hit a young celestia color scheme...

I guess this is good...

post-27033-0-88418700-1432002931_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stage fright/light

Yeah, I know I could...but I'm kinda being lazy about it I guess...

...I have no idea what Light's mane should look like...

I seem to have gone for more of a purple color scheme...

And now I've hit a young celestia color scheme...

I guess this is good...

Ooohh, very pretty. Imlove the colors!

Yeah, I dunno...just played around with it till I got that...

Nothing wrong with that.

Just keep playing with it until you find something that you love

Well, I stopped there cause it seemed fine to me

Good ^^

I'm glad that you found a design.

• 1 year later...

Hmm, stallion to mare natural switch on basis of personality? A veritable Mr. Jeckell & Mrs. Hyde? Well, I cannot very well let this go without chiming in my two scents! Hee!

Though its been a year, so let me know if you've made headway since then!

Hmm, so what I think'd be a nifty lil' gimmick would be if the shy stallion had a sort of dark coat & pale, long mane that swapped palettes when he became a mare, to a pale, bright coat and a sort of dark brunette mane.  Same build and hair length, yet the posture making all the difference. So maybe, as a stallion he's all hangdog & haunted with a raggedy, scraggly unkempt long mane, and as a mare its more put together & done-up & outgoing & confident.

But what we need is some method for his transformation, eh? Howsabouta an old staple? Magic! Coming together now! What say he's an unicorn who's always had his goal of acting on stage, but his preformanace anxiety has always gotten the better of him, a fact that's always weighed heavy on his chronic depression. So, in a bid to give himself confidence he checks a spellbook out of the Canterlot library while disregarding the fact he's never been very good at spellcasting. When he casts it on himself, he forgets to pay attention to the details of what the side effects may be and winds up with a split personality that completely over-rides not only his attitude, but his gender as well!!

Sort of like that Nutty Professor movie! Where he wanted to be able to not concern himself with the opinions of others, and his alter ego takes it too far and starts becoming a jerk! Ha-hah! I like it! Feel free to pick and choose outta that how you wish!

• 1 month later...

Hmm, stallion to mare natural switch on basis of personality? A veritable Mr. Jeckell & Mrs. Hyde? Well, I cannot very well let this go without chiming in my two scents! Hee!

Though its been a year, so let me know if you've made headway since then!

Hmm, so what I think'd be a nifty lil' gimmick would be if the shy stallion had a sort of dark coat & pale, long mane that swapped palettes when he became a mare, to a pale, bright coat and a sort of dark brunette mane.  Same build and hair length, yet the posture making all the difference. So maybe, as a stallion he's all hangdog & haunted with a raggedy, scraggly unkempt long mane, and as a mare its more put together & done-up & outgoing & confident.

But what we need is some method for his transformation, eh? Howsabouta an old staple? Magic! Coming together now! What say he's an unicorn who's always had his goal of acting on stage, but his preformanace anxiety has always gotten the better of him, a fact that's always weighed heavy on his chronic depression. So, in a bid to give himself confidence he checks a spellbook out of the Canterlot library while disregarding the fact he's never been very good at spellcasting. When he casts it on himself, he forgets to pay attention to the details of what the side effects may be and winds up with a split personality that completely over-rides not only his attitude, but his gender as well!!

Sort of like that Nutty Professor movie! Where he wanted to be able to not concern himself with the opinions of others, and his alter ego takes it too far and starts becoming a jerk! Ha-hah! I like it! Feel free to pick and choose outta that how you wish!

Sorry I took so long to respond, lots of stuff I had to deal with...

Anyway, thanks for the input, I've already worked out most of this stuff, just haven't had the chance to write any of it down...it's been a while since I've been on here much... and at the moment I'm writing this, I'm too tired to write too much, but I'll say a few things.

I had a version of Fright somewhere, but it's currently buried under a ton of other pictures...but your description sounded a little like how I had mocked them up, not the same colors, but similar.

On how they transform, I had decided that they would be a species that I forget the name of...that's sort of Changeling like, one that my friend came up with...but they don't know they are one. Or at least half one, and if not I'll just say they're part changeling...and I thought I'd have them look like Pegasi. As for details about them transforming, I...never got that far.

And I would say I'd prefer neither of them to be like that, Light will be kinda and bright, I imagine her as almost like a cross between pinkie and Fluttershy. And as for Fright, he's...well, the closest comparison I could make is kinda...Pinkamenaesque, except not really that crazy...

But thanks for all the input