Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open The day to day.

Gloomfury

@,

Abide slept very soundly. She usually did when she changed her lifestyle. She use to toss and turn, sometimes she couldn't fall asleep at all and would end up working till sunrise.  But not anymore. As she slept she thought about Jackie. She was kinda being obvious that she liked her. She use to be very shy, standoffish and aloof towards ponies she was attracted to. Mostly because she wanted to focus on working.

But now, she didn't see a point to it. If she liked some one she was just gonna be honest and straightforward. Playing games was kinda not her style.  A bit later she woke up with a long yawn. "Good nap."

(edited)

@@Gloomfury,@,  

ruby was walking down the street, offering her help to anyone she met. she had made a couple bits, but it wasn't enough.

she was walking though the park when she noticed two mares sleeping. on was in the other's lap. ah, it seemed they were awake. 

"excuse me, but you wouldn't happen to want any work done, do you?" she asked, "ill do anything as long as its not too weird." she grinned.

Edited by PeytonJay

@@Gloomfury, @,

"Ah! Yeah, it was... heh..." She didn't nap at all. She was too busy trying to figure out how to approach this mare after the nap. However, the second that Abide opened her eyes, Jackie was smiling. Her head perked up and she was looking into those purple eyes of hers, reveling in how relaxed and content they were. She didn't know what Abide saw in her, but she didn't care, because her life, dull and repetitive, just got a lot more interesting.

She was about to say something when Ruby appeared and asked a question about work. Jackie looked back at Abide for a moment before turning her head back to the mare, shaking her head. "Um, sorry, no. I can't think of anything. Wouldn't have the money even if I did."

@,@,  

Abide sat up, putting her sunglasses on her head. She then looked at the familiar mare who came up to them, asking if they had a job she could do for them. "Sorry, I don't really have anything for ya. But maybe I could pay you three bits a day to clean my place and get my mail. Sometimes I don't feel like getting up.  You can crash there too if you want. I got enough room for about four ponies. Though the two of them has to sleep on the floor." She paused again. Then she looked back at Jackie. "Wanna go to my place? Got got a lot of good kung-fu movies. We can do a marathon." She smiled.

Novelle walked out onto the busy street, with ponies going to and fro. She had two books in her saddlebags, a few pears and some money to buy something later if she felt like it. It was the first day of her summer holidays in Manehatten and she wasn't going to waste even if the day was almost over.

Her plan was going to find somewhere quiet to read for a while, in this busy city, then maybe once the sun set to go to some show. She began walking down the street and knew in her heart that the day to day of the summer was truly began today.

ruby chuckled. "only three bits?" she asked. then she shrugged. "better than nothing. and ill be 'crashing' at your place." she smiled. "better than sleeping in a tree. like the last four weeks..." she added that last bit kinda quietly. still barely heard, though. "and im Ruby, swordsmare extraordinaire. whats your names?"

Soon, Novelle found a small park with very little ponies except with two mares sleeping together under a tree and an other mare talking to them around her age. Novelle found shade under a tree ten meters away from them and opened her saddlebags and got out a novel about how room buddies somehow got stuck in the past before ponies even came to Equestria. Great stuff. Novelle settled down and began to read the book and unconsciencely began to eat grass ever so often.

(edited)

"I'm Jackie." She was all for going back to Abide's place for a marathon, for multiple reasons. "I would love to head back to your place. Certainly would be a nice change of pace." She liked movie marathons and especially when she had someone to hang out with. Ruby coming along might impede... no, hush those thoughts, Jackie. She smiled, but didn't move from her spot until she was sure of what Abide was going to do.

Edited by x0jackie0x

@,@,

"Great." She smiled at Jackie before looking back at Ruby. "I'm Abide. But you can call me Abs, Abby, the Abster or El Abarino. I don't mind either way." She stood up and hugged Jackie in a playful way and picked her up on her hooves. "Now come on, hooves of fury action awaits!"

@@Troubleshoes Clyde,

As she let go of Jackie she looked over to another mare, reading a book while eating some grass. Abide's eaten grass before, she didn't like it. Without thinking she walked over to the mare and pulled out her bag of chips. "Want some, They taste better then grass." She said, still with her chill attitude.  

(edited)

@Gloomfury

"What!?!" Novelle realised she was eating grass, again. "Mmm, yeah, sure." Novelle took a few while wondering why a complete stranger would give her free food. Deciding to return the Mare's generosity, she took a pear out of her saddlebag and said "Like a pear?"

Edited by Troubleshoes Clyde

(edited)

@@Gloomfury, @, @@Troubleshoes Clyde,

"Hooves of Fury!" She lightly returned the hug and began to follow Abide when she stopped by a mare that Jackie didn't see before. The mare was reading a book and eating grass. She didn't knock it... grass was a free meal, after all. But to see her offer the chips really showed how nice Abide was. However, Jackie didn't say anything; it felt inappropriate. Then the mare pulled out a pear, which looked quite tasty.

Edited by x0jackie0x

@,@@Troubleshoes Clyde, @,

"No thanks. Mom use to make me eat pear salad when I was little, couldn't stand pears ever since." She paused again for a little bit looking at the mares hat. "...I like your hat. Wanna go to my place with a few friends and have a Kung-Fu movie marathon with us? I never had one with three ponies before. Just two or one." To, well, pretty much everyone. It would seem weird to just go up to a random pony and asked if they wanted to have a movie marathon at their place with two other mares they just met.

But Abide didn't think it was that's weird. Nothing wrong with that, sure it might seem strange but it's also and interesting way to make a new friend. Plus, with three ponies instead of two, she could get a little closer with Jackie.

@@Gloomfury[/b]

Novelle looked at the mare and her two friends, including the one in her arms. Deciding that she probably would enjoy she close her book and said "Why not? I've never watched Kung-Fu movies before. The only thing is I have to return a jacket for the Aunt I'm staying with before the shop closes. But I'll go to your place afterwards if you don't mind. Where do you live, and oh, what your name?"

"Abide, but call me by any nickname you want.  My house is down town, on 84th in 7 near little Griffon Kingdom.  You can't miss it, it has a living room window covered with tin foil. I hate glare. See you then." She waved before heading off. She walked close to Jackie and put her sunglasses back on. "You guys wanna get some snacks on the way? I can go for some crackers and cheese wizz. Maybe some cherry cola." She smiled. "Mmm, I like cherry cola  No wait, lets get some chips and bean dip instead of cheese wizz."

@@Gloomfury@@@Troubleshoes Clyde

"That all sounds good, but I'll need to get something sugary, too." Jackie already had snack cakes on the mind as she walked with Abide and Ruby. Spicy cherry soda sounded good, as well. And candy. On a separate note, she noticed Abide keeping close to her and smiled inwardly, trying not to stumble in her musings. Maybe she could get all up close and sitting next to her at her place... that'd be nice. Oh, she felt excited for the first time in a long time! She had time to hang out! 

@,

"Yeah. Like sweet and salty things. If you gave me chocolate covered pretzels right now I wouldn't probably marry you right hear and now." She laughed. She led them to a store that was close to where she lived. She got a shopping cart and started filling it with all kinds of snacks. Along with a few things she could use to make a few meals with. After paying. She pushed the cart out side and towards where she lived.

She didn't really want to carry all her stuff.  After a short walk they made it to her home. A one story building with a bit of a overgrown yard, like a few other houses around her had. Like she said, her living room window seemed to be covered with tin foil, blocking the light from getting inside. She pushed the cart up to her door.  She let go of the carts handles and went to open it. She then pushed the cart inside. Her living room had a soft carpet under it while the rest of the house had hard wood floors. In between the living room and the rest of the house was a large rug that really seem to tie the rooms together very nicely. 

Se house itself was fair clean. But in her living room, there was a mountain of pillows and blankets around and on a fairly large sofa. "I always wanted a pillow and blanket cocoon when I was little. So when I moved here it was the first thing I did." She said as she pushed the cart near the door to the kitchen. She then started putting things up so they could be fresh when they start the marathon.

"Make yourselves at home. Mi casa es su casa." She said with a smile. 

" 'my house is your house' " ruby translated. "well, now ain't that nice." she grinned, and took a bag of hay from the cart, which she started munching on.

"so, which hooves of fury are we watching?" she asked, "and when do we get to the sword parts?"

she looked around the house. she had her work cut out for her...

@@Gloomfury

Jackie still couldn't believe Abide just flat out took the cart home with her. As she surveyed the place, she found it to be very cozy. The many pillows and blankets were a comfy touch and the rug felt nice beneath her hooves. She didn't get comfortable just yet, though and began to hover around, wondering a bit if she could, or perhaps should, help her clean up. They were guests but that didn't mean she could let her do everything.

Ruby mentioned something about the movie, but the marathon was kind of at the back of her mind. Her stomach rumbled, reminding her that all she had to eat since lunch were a few chips. She stepped over to Abide and smiled at her. "Need help with anything?"

@,@,  

"Sure. Put the cold stuff in the fridge while I makes some three layer dip. It's been a while since I've made some. I use to make it when I had to go to a family get together. Everyone seems to really like it." She took off her shades and dropped them on the counter.  Then she got started making the dip. "It's got guacamole, beans and cheese. It's probably one of the greatest things to pony kind." She smiled. 

"And as for a movie to start with how about one of my favorites,Hooves of fury one. Then from there we watch a few others and watch another hooves of fury in between."

@@Gloomfury, @,

"Sounds good to me." Jackie gathered up all the cold food and started to stack it neatly in the fridge, looking around at her place every so often. It was indeed well lived in, but that was just fine. Who would want a stuffy, stiff house? Once she was finished, she hovered for a moment, waiting to see if Abide would be done soon. Not that she was impatient or anything, but simply curious. She also wondered when the other mare was going to get here. "So, do other ponies come over often?"

@,

"Not a lot. Once a mother my mom and grandma come to see me.  But I sometimes let others crash here. As long as they don't take anything.  Made a few friends like that. They visit once in a while.  And the guys in my bowling team and I have a few drinks here after a game.

Other then that, that's it. But you are the first mare I brought here that I liked in a more then friendly way." She said bluntly. When she was done with the dip she scooped some on a chip and hold it out for Jackie. "Wanna bite?" She said with a smile. 

@,@@@Gloomfury

Novelle knocked on the door. She was sure it was the right one. After returning the clothing to the shop, she went to a pizzeria and ordered five veggie pizzas with the bits she had for a ticket to some show tonight. She also had a her box set of all the Hairy Pigger movies, just in case they got sick of the Kung-Fu ones. She hoped it was the right door. She waited patiently for the door to open.

(edited)

Jackie inwardly reeled from the confession, which wasn't even really a confession. She already knew,but to hear her say it... She was never good at handling this kind of thing. She looked at the chip and reached forward to take it, but was interrupted by the doorbell.

She looked back and forth between Abide and the front door, before carefully taking the chip from the mare, shoving it in her mouth and mumbling 'I'll get the door' through a blush.

Placing a hind hoof close to the frame, so the door would only be able able to open so much, she cracked it open, only to find Novelle. "C-come in..."

Edited by x0jackie0x

@,@@@Gloomfury

Novelle found herself looking at the mare who was in Abide's arms earlier. "Hey, I brought pizza and movies." She went inside the house and found herself in a room filled with pillions and blankets. Putting the pizzas down on a pillow, she flopped down on another pillow nearby and said "What are we watching first? Also, pizzas on the house."

"Woo!" Abide said as she started bringing the snack into the living room, placing them on a table that was in front of the sofa.  " I love pizza. That's real awesome of you." She said giving Novelle a smile. She them picked up the movies that she brought. "Hairy Pigger, hu? I Don't think I've heard of this. We we can pop one in after a few kung fu movies."

She placed the box set near her TV and started going through the movies she had in a book shelf next to it. When she found what she was looking for she put it in. After she grabbed a slice of pizza she sat on a pillow with her back against the sofa. Then she looked over at Jackie, still smiling. She pat the pillow next to her. "Come on Jackie, the pizze's good." She said after taking a bite.