Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life/Free Roleplay

Lightning Roller

*chatterbox was walking in ponyville as she heared the screams, she approaches with her pencil and notebook ready to take any notes she needs to to have a juicy news about those creatures, she knows she may be on danger but she was passionate about her passion*

Dax poked his head out of his tent, blinking and groggy-eyed.  

"Hunh?  What's going... on?"

He watched as Timberwolves started dashing past him on either side.  He started to return inside, then he stopped.  His eyes growing wide slowly, he looked back out and watched for a moment... then raised an eyebrow quizzically.  He got out of the tent slowly, and looked back toward where they were coming from.

"... rocks?"

Priestess had just started rollerblading her way on the path towards town, when her keen nose picked up on something.

"The rancid stench of mold, mildew, compost & tag body spray. Lemme guess.." Priestess pondered as she slowed her glide. Her keen ears picked up the sounds of panting, whining and bounding, as it grew closer and closer. "Either Blank Label Society is back from tour, or..." She jumped up into the air, right as an assemblage of wood, vines & leaves in a canine shaped arrangement bounded behind her. And with style and grace, landed on back of said Timber Wolf.  Using her saddlebags like a... well, saddle, she reached into said bags, and pulled out a steel chain. With each end of the chain in hoof, Priestess chucked the bulk of the chain forward in front of the timberwolf. The, sharply pulled back, landing the middle of the chain in the wolf's mouth. 

"Let's see if I still got it." Priestess wrapped the chain around her left hoof, and with her right, flicked a switch in her saddle bags.

This song began to blare from the speakers hidden within. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAzMKSy6aaA

Thrillseeker had a couple of glasses of punch in him so he felt buzzed as he looked around the party. He did a double take when he heard a commotion outside concerning timberwolves. He walked over to the window and saw the timberwolves entering town from a distance. His heart started pounding in his chest. Having been a Manehattenite all his life, he had never seen one before. On one of their backs, he saw one blasting some heavy music from one of them and rubbed his eyes when he saw it was coming from a pony wielding some speakers.

"Anyone seeing what I'm seeing?" he asked finally.

• Brohoof 1

Lyme looks to Lightning and then Blaze "Those are the rocks I saw by thee tree of harmony!" He shouts. "Are the timerwolves running away from them? That can't be good if we're going after them." Lyme looks to the floor "How are we going to get into the forest now" Lyme begins to sound less confident.

Blaze heard a scream. A scream. Flashes of death, and grief filled his vision. He quickly shook his head and focused on the situation. Seeing the huge amount of timberwolfes sprinting towards them, Blaze decided to pull out his sword and light it on fire with his special talent. He grinned "What's a woodens creatures weakness" asked Blaze and approached the Timberwolfes

Lightning peeks out of the door at the commotion, watching the timberwolves sprint past in a flurry with a mare on top of one. "What in the world......" His jaws drop as he watches this mare ride a timberwolf. "today just keeps getting more and more interesting..." He sees lyme look disturbed and follows his eye line to the everfree forest in the distance, "Rocks? are those the creatures that you saw in the everfree forest?" Lightning is then distracted by a sudden burst of flame as blaze sets his sword on fire, "IS there ANYTHING ELSE that anyone would like to share?..... Because this is slowly becoming the strangest day of my life!" He then looks to the other two stallions with a shocked but quizzical look in his face.

Dax left his tent behind, making his way towards the rocks stationed at the edge of the forest.

These rocks... they weren't here before, right?  I've gotta be seeing things...

He made his way into the brush, keeping a distance from the rocks themselves, but still within enough range to keep an eye on them.  He also heard shouting, howling and... music?  It all seemed to be coming from town.

Well, I know the townies won't have anything to do with a Blackwater... but am I just supposed to stand here and watch as things go out of control?  How can I help, anyway?  I mean, yeah - I can kick... but what if they don't want my help?

Dax decided to keep an eye on the proceedings; if he could help out, the moment would present itself soon enough.

OOC - As blaze ignites his sword, the timberwolves attempt to make their way past them in a flurry. A few of the wolves lock gazes with blaze as they notice the flaming sword and slow down to see what the stallion would do. To the wolf that has been mounted by a mysterious mare, it attempts to throw you off by stopping and rolling over to throw your balance, giving a casual swipe as its belly turns to you.

@Lightning Roller @Yoshi89 @blazedtime @Lyme Soundstick

"Hey, hey, hey! You're not a bull. You're a Timberwolf. You don't get the right or the know how to buck me off." She instead flip head over hooves, laying back first against the timber wolves head as it rolled over, yet still maintaining the grip on her chain, getting the least amount of contact with the timberwolf's weight.  As it started to roll over, she flipped her leg over to the side and remounted the timberwolf. 

"Now then" She leaned into what would be the Timber wolf's ear."

post-18785-0-48980100-1440357774.png

(Tell me. What are you running from?)

OOC- the timberwolf thrashes and fragmented speech flashes in your mind, "Predator", "Run", "Rocks", It continues to thrash, attempting to get free and run. A few timberwolves have stopped to watch you, circling in a wide arc with low growls in their throats. They appear ready to attack, glancing at their pinned pack mate.

Blazedtime noticed that the timberwolves began to circle him carefully. They were not dumb. Seeing that he was starting to get surrounded, Blaze opened his wings, and with a mighty flap flew up. He repositioned himself next to Lightning "Alright pal. What do you suggest we go with Timberwolves in ponyville?" Asked Blaze with a casual tone in his voice.

Dax crept closer to the rocks.  He inspected them closely.

Hmmmm... I know my rocks, and these aren't... normal.

He examined them for a good moment, then noticed the nearby trees.  Wandering over, he ran a hoof over a deep gash in the trunk.  He tried to gauge what could make such a mark.

Those aren't Timberwolf scratches... but what are they?  The patterns are all wrong.

He stepped back, silently pondering the gashes, then turned back to look at the rocks again.

Wait... is it just me, or do they look... closer?

(edited)

Lightning gives blaze a quizzical look, shrugs, cracks his neck, and dive bombs into one of the wolves like a bolt of lightning yelling, "TIIIIMMMBEEERRR!" The wolf takes the impact and breaks apart, the others dive out of the way, snarling in rage. Lightning tucks, rolls, and springs upwards, stretching his wings wide as he takes off back into the air. "I suggest we either push them back into the forest or herd them into a cage!" he yells towards blaze, "We cant exactly let them continue through ponyville!" He reaches his peak height and gives blaze a wink as he prepares for another dive.

Edited by Lightning Roller

Thrillseeker had abandoned the party at this point, taking to the skies to watch the heroes go after the timberwolves from the horizon. He froze when he saw the pony from before attempting to speak their language, hoping he wouldn't be spotted by the beasts. As the heroes continued their onslaught, he noticed some of the wolves were heading back to the apartment building he just emerged from. "Oh no!" he gasped to himself. "I have to warn the other partygoers!" He flew back inside the apartment with the party still going on.

Dax trotted up to the closest rock.  He eyeballed it carefully, then slowly reached over to it with his hoof.  He drew a line in the dirt directly in front of it.  Carefully, he backed off a few yards.  He made his way back to the treeline, then gingerly turned back to the scarred trunk.  

He examined it further, trying to make sense out of what he was seeing.  Marks like these he couldn't identify; he knew what timberwolf claws could do, and there was no doubt in his mind that these were NOT timberwolf claw marks.  He pondered this for a moment, then slowly turned around.

The mark on the ground he had made was now behind the rock he'd made it in front of.  Dax raised an eyebrow.

That... CAN'T... be good, he pondered.

Lyme froze, partially with fear and partially with the fact he didn't know what to do. "Guys, what do I do?" He asks, "I'm usually just chilling or playing video games, not this!" he then hears Lightning say to Blaze

"I suggest we either push them back into the forest or herd them into a cage!"
  He turns to look towards Lightning but ends up bumping into a timberworlf "Uh.. nice.. wolf.. *gulp*" Lyme says, taking deep breaths.

A bit surprised by Lightnings sudden rampage, Blaze merely shrugs and dives back in. With a blazing sword in hoof Blaze  began to hack and slash the wolfes. Suddenly a wolf jumps him from behind. Blazes eyes widen in shock, the wolf gets him on the ground and tries to bite him. Luckily Blazes sword fell straight into the face of the wolf because of him throwing it up in the air when he fell. He picked up his sword. "All planned" Said Blaze and went back into the fray

"Wolves being the hunted ones? Of course something like this has to be a symptom of a bigger problem."

She was acutely aware of the encirclement occurring around her.  In a low, measured tone, w/ subtle hints of a growl, she spoke out to the pack. 

post-18785-0-23624800-1440553078.png

("Take me to your pack leader. Your kin know very well who the Kyubi are. Who we are.")

• Brohoof 1

Lightning sees a wolf approaching lyme and grits his teeth, I hope this works..... Lightning climbs high and pulls his wings in to his body, letting gravity slow and stop him as he twists his body mid-air to face the ground. He spreads his wings and dives as fast as he can, his eyes focused on lyme and the wolf, his body begins to tingle, his hair flaps wildly, and as the ground accelerated towards him he yelled to lyme , "Sorry about this!" , there was a flash of light and a loud boom as lightning rebounded off the air and grabbed lyme, yanking him down the street, leaving a trail of sparks in their wake. Feeling as though he was at a safe distance, lightning slowed and hovered over a nearby house, hefting lyme onto the roof, "Not exactly what I had in mind, but I'll take it." He smirks and beats his wings, accelerating back towards blaze and the ensuing fight.

OOC- The encircling pack lets out a chorus of low growls, a larger wolf can be noticed just outside, Its eyes locked on you. The pack does not slow its circle and the larger wolf lets out a low, reverberating growl. The pinned wolf makes more attempts to get free, its limbs pushing against you in an effort to throw you off, it wriggles its body to try to get away.

(OOC: I'm not pinning the wolf, I'm still riding atop it.)

Priestess shifts her gaze to the larger of the Timberwolves. 

post-18785-0-50380700-1440720690.png

(I am presuming that you are the leader of this pack? Tell me precisely what it is that is hunting you all down?")

Priestess made sure her tone was serious. Her stare, level. Her posture, confident.

Lyme catches a glimpse of Lightning flying his way and faintly hears him shout 

"Sorry about this!"
Lyme tilts his head and suddenly realises what might happen "Oh no..." he tightly shuts his eyes. He feels the wind going past and when he opens his eyes again he was further down the street. "Thank you so much" Lyme says, and then Lightning flew back towards the wolves. "I've got to do something... THE ROCKS!" Lyme slowly makes his way towards where he recalls the rocks being. 

Dax was wide eyed, walking sideways and staying glued to the trees as he made his way around the rocks.  All around each one were marks in the dirt, some of which were visibly drawn and redrawn, again and again, in order to measure the distance each one was making when not being watched.

If they move so far when I'm not looking their direction, then maybe if I could gauge where they'll appear next when I turn away.  All it takes is a bit of math... and once I do that, THEN what?  How do you stop something that only stops when you see it?

The thought boggled his mind, but he was determined to discover why they were moving... and what they might do when they reached their destination - if they even had one...

OOC- (Priestess) The larger wolf locks gazes with you, again its fragmented speech drifts into your thoughts, "Ancient creatures", "Hunt magic", "Consume wood", "We're ideal targets", It lets out a low snarl before nodding its head towards one of the circling wolves and lets out a howl. The circling wolves charge at you, from your left a wolf jumps and it throws its body at you in an effort to free its pack mate. The other wolves feint their charge and instead run past, running towards the fight occurring in town.

OOC- (Dax) You can hear a pony approaching from the forest, as you turn to see who it is, you can see that it is a zebra and she appears to be hauling a book and a few items with her.

• Brohoof 1

"WAIT!  STOP!"  

Dax called out to the zebra moving through the woods.

"You, uhm... you might wanna go another way.  These... well..."

If they're gonna think you're screwy, might as well spill the whole truth.

"... these rocks are moving, and I'm still not certain they're completely safe.  You might wanna go back towards... uhm, towards a different route.  Timberwolves just came crashing through here not long ago, and if THEY'RE running from something out here, it can't be good."

It felt weird to actually talk to somepony; Dax usually kept away from town, due to his family's reputation - but he wasn't about to just let anypony walk into what might be trouble without a proper warning.