Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Slice of Life/Free Roleplay

Lightning Roller

"Welp! Here's my stop." 

Priestess leapt off the right side of her wolf mount and used her chain to swing some distance to the front as the two wolves collided with one another.

She landed facing the Alpha. "You!' she pointed a hoof at it.

post-18785-0-09879200-1440730708.png

("It's clear that you don't know how to manage your pack in a populated area.  If these magic rocks don't end you, these ponies, among them the Element bearers, the slayers of the Nightmare, the Chaos Bringer, and the Magic Stealer, will. 

I'd rather not see your pack end. So for their safety, I challenge you for their leadership.")

​One way or another, pack dominance was going to be contested this day. 

OOC- (Dax) The zebra turns to you, "You have nothing to fear, unless you have a horn my dear.." She goes over to a nearby rock resting on top of some wet grass and gives it an abrupt shove with one of her hooves. The stone rolls over, taking a chunk of moist earth with it and before your eyes the dirt crumbles to reveal 6 spiny legs and a pair of pincers about 4 inches long. The creature quickly begins to roll back and forth until it rights itself and quickly scurries away behind a tree. The zebra gives you a I told you so look and says, "We must act now before it's too late, the tree of harmony's situation is dire and cannot wait." She motions to you to follow her as she leaves the forest and heads towards town.

OOC- (Preistess) The larger wolf snarls and slurred words seething with anger can be heard in your head, "I told them", "they obey me", "YOU attacked us first", "Do NOT follow" The wolf lets out a resounding howl and the remainder of the pack turns towards town, putting themselves between you and the pack leader as the group sprints away from the forest.

Dax stared at the rock when the zebra overturned it... then his eyes grew as wide as saucers when he saw what was underneath.  He didn't freak out, but he certainly gave the creature's exit path a wide berth as he followed the mysterious zebra.

"You... you actually... want... me to come along?"  He asked hesitantly, wondering if this individual even knew who he was... and if she didn't know he was a Blackwater, all the better.

"Tree of... what's that?"

"Welp. Better follow them and annoy the living hay out of them until they leave, or until the alpha accepts my challenge."  Priestess lifted the flap of her saddlebags, fiddled around on one side of them until she clicked on something. Than this song began blaring from the sides.

She began to back up a few steps. Then began charging towards the nearest building. When ti looked like she was about to plow into it, she jumped. Her hooves scraped up the wall, getting her a little closer tot he edge of the roof, before she grabbed it and pulled herself to the top. She turned to where the commotion was resounding, and began running and jumping, leaping and bounding from rooftop to rooftop, perusing the predators.

OOC- (Dax) The zebra gives you a confused look, "Yes, come along, we mustn't hang around for too long. And the tree of harmony is what I said, it protects all ponies from feelings of dread." The zebra makes her way towards ponyville, her pace somewhat hurried. "I saw the timberwolves run this way, we must protect them like they have done for many days." 

Lightning accelerates back towards the fight, backpedaling as he came near blaze. "How do you want to handle this?" He gives blaze a glance as he watched the timberwolves below. Lightning casually pulls a bottle of water out of his satchel and takes a swig while waiting for his answer Nothing like cool water on a day like this... He laughs lightly.

"Protect them?"

Dax was a mite confused; he'd never been to Ponyville, and had heard very little of any of the goings on around Equestria.  He was still a bit taken aback by the zebra's offer for him to follow - nopony had ever asked for his help before.

Still, he DID want to be a help... and with what she was saying, it seemed as though the stranger already had a better idea of what was going on than he did.  Heck, she knew about the rocks - that spoke volumes about her wisdom, and Dax was willing to take her word on the matter.

"Okay... well, whatever you need, I'm there.  I just hope I can actually... well, be of some use."

Edited by Randimaxis

As Lyme gets closer to the rocks he notices they are indeed the same as the ones from before "Their the same rocks, from The Tree of Harmony" Lyme says to himself "He looks back to see how Blaze and Lightning were doing "I'll tell them later" Lyme mumbles. As he goes to take a closer look he notices a zebra with another colt, black with some green on it "Zecora?" Lyme questions "She's got to know what's going on, and the other colt... hopefully does too" Lyme looks back to the rocks "I guess I'll help be observing the rocks". Lyme makes himself comfortable and watches the rocks for anything.

• Brohoof 1

Blaze gave a grin "I could use a little challenge" Said Blaze and went back in. He hacked and slashed through the wolfes, and ocasionly he switched positions to confuse the wolves. Blaze parried a bite from a wolf and headbutted it to daze it. He then stabbed the wold in the face. "Good thing the wolfes don't have blood in them." Said Blaze

OOC- (Dax, blaze, lightning, lyme) As zecora makes her way into town, she hears the fight erupting near sugarcube corner and takes off towards it, "Follow me, quickly!" she yells back to the stallion as she sprints towards the commotion. As she hangs the corner, she sees the fight erupting between the wolves and two stallions and she gives a mighty yell, "Stop, you know not what your doing! your actions will be equestria's undoing!" she pulls a mysterious looking flute out of one of her bags and begins to play into it, the flute glows faintly green and the wolves slowly stop and turn to look at her, their gazes dazed. "Now heed my words pony folk, these rocks you see are not a joke. They are ancient beasts from old times, the danger they pose is beyond normal crimes." She looks around at the ponies before her, looking to see if they would listen. 

• Brohoof 1

OOC- (Dax, blaze, lightning, lyme) As zecora makes her way into town, she hears the fight erupting near sugarcube corner and takes off towards it, "Follow me, quickly!" she yells back to the stallion as she sprints towards the commotion. As she hangs the corner, she sees the fight erupting between the wolves and two stallions and she gives a mighty yell, "Stop, you know not what your doing! your actions will be equestria's undoing!" she pulls a mysterious looking flute out of one of her bags and begins to play into it, the flute glows faintly green and the wolves slowly stop and turn to look at her, their gazes dazed. "Now heed my words pony folk, these rocks you see are not a joke. They are ancient beasts from old times, the danger they pose is beyond normal crimes." She looks around at the ponies before her, looking to see if they would listen. 

Lyme hers Zecora speaking and heads back towards the others. "Beyond normal crimes?" Lyme asks "They're rocks with blue eyes , that can't be that much of a threat if they need the Tree surly?" Lyme looks at the others then back at Zecora "If they do pose a threat, why not help them, I-I mean us help the tree" Lyme sits on the floor, exhales "Since none of us really know what we're doing"

@Lightning Roller

Priestess stopped her roof to roof parkouring when she heard the flute and saw it's impact on the wolves. 

"Stop, you know not what your doing! your actions will be equestria's undoing!" she pulls a mysterious looking flute out of one of her bags and begins to play into it, the flute glows faintly green and the wolves slowly stop and turn to look at her, their gazes dazed. "Now heed my words pony folk, these rocks you see are not a joke. They are ancient beasts from old times, the danger they pose is beyond normal crimes."

"Huh. Now that makes more sense. Kind of what I've been trying to do here. I mean hey. If it scares timberwolves, I'm pretty sure that's good enough reason for the rest of us to be concerned." She said as she leapt down from the roof top and started heading towards the Zebriacan flute player.

Blazedtime froze mid swing. "Say what now?" Said Blaze and sheated his sword "These rock thingies are... Dangerous?" Asked a now frightened Blaze. He knew that if someone says that something is dangerous, then you stay away from it! He began to walk carefully towards the zebra, making sure to keep an eye on the rocks

Dax nodded.

"HECK yeah, they're dangerous!  I noticed 'em when the timberwolves were running from the Everfree!  I went lookin' around, and figured out they were MOVING!"  He pointed to Zecora.  "She just happened along outta the forest, and she showed me what they really were..."  He shivered.

"These things scare timberwolves... and those things don't scare easy."

Dax looked at Zecora and nodded, then looked back at the group... and hoped they would listen.

Dax nodded.

"HECK yeah, they're dangerous!  I noticed 'em when the timberwolves were running from the Everfree!  I went lookin' around, and figured out they were MOVING!"  He pointed to Zecora.  "She just happened along outta the forest, and she showed me what they really were..."  He shivered.

"These things scare timberwolves... and those things don't scare easy."

Dax looked at Zecora and nodded, then looked back at the group... and hoped they would listen.

"They scare Timerwolves!?" Lyme asks "Then what chance do we stand? Lightning, Blaze, I'm not as confident as I was before any more..." Lyme looks back towards the rocks "They seem fine now, we're okay right?" Lyme looks at Zecora looking reassurance.

Lyme takes a moment and thinks to himself "I need to calm down, I've got to do good otherwise I might as well not be here

Dax looked over at Lyme.

"Well, actually... they only move when you're not looking at them, and you can kick 'em over pretty easy."  He pointed at Zecora.  "She showed me that.  Whatever it is they are, and whatever they do, it scares the timberwolves... but I don't know much more than that."

He sympathized with Lyme; Dax always felt useless, but he had an idea that sticking with the zebra might just get him into trouble... and maybe he needed a bit of trouble in his life.

It was better than just sitting in his tent again.

Just as Thrillseeker was about to warn the party-goers of the attack, he heard the flute-playing overpowering the wolves' roaring. He looked back outside and, noticing Zecora outside Sugarcube Corner, flew down to investigate. He overheard the zebra's warnings about the rocks' effect on the timberwolves but wasn't quite sure what to make of it, having never seen such a frightful beast in his life. "Wait," he called out to Zecora. "Are you saying this timberwolf attack was provoked by these rocks? What's in these things that scares them so badly?"

(Pardon the late reply as I have been busy lately)

OOC-  Zecora gave each pony a glance before she reached into her saddlebag and pulled out a old, worn, purple book. She flips through it until she finds the page she is looking for and looks up, "These creatures are called camberchigs, they dine on wood, feasting like pigs. Magically touch wood is what they crave most, the takes makes them morose." She gives the crowd of ponies a look, searching for something, "At least non of you posses a horn, if you did, you would surely mourn." She looks down at the pages, continuing the story, "Long ago they spread throughout the land, consuming all until their final stand. A brave unicorn by the name starswirl sealed them away, and until now they have not seen the light of day." She looks up, "Unfortunately it doesn't say where to find this cave, without this knowledge our situation is grave." She shuts the book, looking to everypony, "Will anyone volunteer for this quest? our fate lies with those who face this test."

• Brohoof 1

Might as well; can't dance.

"Uhm... sure.  I mean, I'm not really... accepted... locally, so it'll be no big loss if I don't come back.  Besides, it's better than sitting in a tent in the woods, waiting for things to get better."

Dax stepped forward, and hoped the others here didn't place him as a Blackwater... and, of course, he hoped he wouldn't die.  Others might not miss him, but Dax would sure miss the whole 'living' thing.

Lightning looks over at Lyme, "Do you actually know where it is? Because that would make this much easier.." He looks over to zecora, "Even if we know where this cave is, how exactly are we going to get them back in? its not like we can just grab every single one and take it back.." He laughs lightly, then looks to blaze, "What do you think? Up for an adventure?" He gives blaze a smirk before looking to zecora.

@Lightning Roller

"Why grab them at all, when they can just follow us to the inside of the cave?" Spoke up Priestess. "These things feed off of magic, so can we not use that to lure them back into this cave? The when they are all inside, we collapse the entrance and seal them away." 

Edited by Denim&Venom