Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Evanescence IC

Redeye

(edited)

This first part of the post will be the RP's Database. Here you can view all of the Characters in the RP so far, and you can also view your Inventory.

Link to OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/133154-evanescence-an-rpg-type-roleplay-ooc/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHARACTER INFORMATION

Anima, the Dark Spear
Race: Penumbra
Class: Dragoon
Faction: Vigilants of Erinye
Weapon: Black Mamba
GOLD: 50
Health: 8/10
Damage: 1
Perception: 10

Deathmark, the Shadow's Grace
Race: Penumbra
Class: Reaper
Faction: Independent
Weapon: Shadow Scythe
GOLD: 100
Health: 9/10

Sylvana, the Beast Master
Race: Zephia
Class: Summoner
Weapon: Nature's Furry
GOLD: 200
Health: 10/10
Current Summons:
[Wolfra] - Deals 1 Damage to an enemy upon command. {HP: 2/3} [ACTIVE]
(Summoners may have up to 2 Summons out at once.)

(Summon attacks cannot miss.)

Uther, the Knight of the Sun
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Faction: Cult of Solaris
Weapon: Alondite
GOLD: 40

Christoph, the Knight Hunter
Class: Sentinel
Faction: Knights of Artemis
Weapon: Warhammer

Lux / Nox
Race: Aura (Inferior)
Class: Mage
Faction: Knights of Artemis
Weapon: Twin Souls
GOLD: 225
Health: 8/10
Current Spells:
[Fluorescence] - Deals 2 Damage to the enemy. (Light Elemental) {Uses: 1/3}
[Dark Matter] - Deals 2 Damage to the enemy. (Dark Elemental) {Uses: 3/3}

(Mages can only use each spell 3 Times per battle)

(Magic cannot miss.)

Timothy
Class: Medic
Weapon: Healing Wand
Current Spells:
[Mend] - Restores 3 Health to an ally. {Uses: 3/3}

(Medics can only use each spell 3 Times per battle.)

Aria, the Dawnsinger
Race: Aura
Class: Mage
Faction: Academy of Arcanus
Weapon: Tome of Flames
Health: 7/10
Current Spells:
[Cremate] - Deals 2 Damage to the enemy. (Fire Elemental) {Uses: 3/3}

(Mages can only use each spell 3 Times per battle)

(Magic cannot miss.)

Sir Charles Boxer, the Iron Fist
Class: Berserker
Faction: Xanthe's Order
Weapon: Metal Fists
GOLD: 75

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INVENTORY

WEAPONS:
[black Mamba] - Anima's personal spear. Has a 1/15 chance in Poisoning an enemy. {+1 Damage}
[shadow Scythe] - Deathmark's scythe. {+1 Damage} {Dark Elemental}
[Nature's Furry] - Sylvana's Summoning Staff that can both summon things and send a surge of energy towards an enemy. {+1 Damage} {Allows for the Summoning of Monsters}
[Alondite] - Uther's sword that was once wielded by his father. {+1 Damage} {Light Elemental}
[Warhammer] - Christoph's smashing tool. Has a 1/20 chance in Staggring an enemy. {+1 Damage}
[Twin Souls] - Lux/Nox's Spellbook. Allows for the casting of Light Magic and Dark Magic. {+1 Damage}
[Healing Wand] - Timothy's Wand for support. For some reason it can also hurt enemies. Allows for the use of Healing Magic. {+1 Damage}
[Tome of Flames] - Aria's Spellbook. It has both Magic Readings and Musical Sheets inside it. Allows for the casting of Fire Magic. {+1 Damage}
[Metal Fists] - Sir Charles Boxer's "weapons" of choice. Apparently killing things with actual weapons is now a fad in this universe. {+1 Damage}

ITEMS:
[bandit Weapon] {x5} - A weapon used by bandidos. Cannot be wielded by casuals, but can by sold for, like, 15 Gold apiece.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Some notes before I begin the RP:
Mages! Medics! Feel free to keep your weapons throughout the entire game! Throughout the RP you will come across items that can upgrade your current weapons. Level them up to a certain point will allow you to gain access to new Spells without having to switch to a new weapon!

This RP will be divided into Chapters. At the beginning of each chapter, every character will be fully healed and recovered for the sake of me being nice. Sound good?

If you're wondering as to what your current condition is, or what items in your inventory might be useful to use in your current situation, refer to This Post as your go-to for information!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHAPTER ONE: THE BRINK OF CONFLICT

The Eight of Many find themselves wandering a hot, dry canyon. They all have a common goal; in which they are to reach the City of Ithagor in order to attend to their own personal goals. But when they do so, they will find themselves stumbling upon something much... sinister.

The blazing sun beats down on Anima. It doesn't help that she always goes outside dressed in black clothing. Though, if anything, her reddish Penumbra skin might be able to hide a little sunburn if she's lucky.

Ithagor awaited, and she had a job to complete, so she didn't mind the outrageous heat. At the very least she's not wandering a Desert, where it would be much more unforgiving. Walking alongside the Canyon wall, she follows the signs that point to Ithagor.

"Ithagor... 5 Miles ahead..." she read from the sign. Her maturely deep feminine voice echoed somewhat into the Canyon, but it wouldn't be enough for anyone far away to hear.

She continued along the trail, walking in between the Canyon Wall made up of stone and reddish clay, and the flowing stream of water that was rushing towards the east. A soft breeze brushed through her long, black hair to compensate for the harsh ultraviolet rays pouring down on her. It won't be long until she finally reaches her destination.

Edited by Redeye
  • Brohoof 1

Timothy had finished packing the stuff from his room it wasn't much just some books and his healing wand. Today was the day he decided to go on an adventure with others to improve his social skills and learn if it was possible to cross into other realities as well to visit and see many thing he deemed interesting, but first he needed some friends so he decided to go to one place everyone in anyplace would go to if they wanted to live The local well and with that he left with his 100 gold for any additional supplies he might need form the town market.

(edited)

Charles had been walking across the bare land for what felt like hours, just to reach the town of Ithagor. The sweat glistens in the unforgiving sunlight, as he wipes it off his brow with one arm, holding his pair of steel gloves in the other. "Argh, bloody idiots, thinkin' that gloves canny be a weapon! Aye, I'll show 'em, amateurs!" he grumbles to himself with a light chuckle, his Irish accent being quite an oddity in this land. He stops and squints to search around, to see if there's any sign of water, or more importantly, the town, seeing as he only brought his fists. "Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to just bring me fists..." he sighs. He soon enough closes his eyes, and falls to the ground, dehydrated and tired, and opens his eyes to the blurry view in front of him. "Well... looks like this is where I go..." he says, as his eyes re-adjust, and notice a faint speck in the distance. He gradually climbs back up to his feet, and starts to jog. "That better be where I'm supposed to be headed, ya hear?!" he shouts, picking up the pace into a slight sprint, as he points up to the blazing sun.

Edited by Soullite

@Soullite

If anyone had been near you, they would've thought you've gone insane, shouting at the sun like that. But luckily it seems like nobody was around to see that.

The unforgiving sun continued to beat down on Charles, just as he soon tripped over an equally unforgiving rock at the same time. Unfortunately the sun couldn't necessarily say "watch your step" as you faceplanted into the dirt, but upon recovering the clumsy fall you notice there's a stream of water not too far from where you are. Though you might have to watch your step on the way down to the bottom, however. Not that it would be much of a challenge to the almighty champion of tripping over Canyon pebbles.

Oh, and that speck you saw was some kind of tumbleweed. But who knows? You might find something much better once you reach the water.

• Brohoof 1

Enjoying her flight, Sylvana was flying leisurely. She had her staff on her back, her wolf companion resting peacefully within.

She looks around bellow to see the Canyon. She was almost there. Her time spent training now to be put to the test. She had to find out why she couldn't call all her friends anymore. She worries for them.

She begins to fly low as the heat of the sun beats down on her. She eventually lands to rest her wings. She looks around causiously. She doesn't want to encounter anything bad right now.

She follows the wall to keep as much of the sun off of her as possible.

(edited)

@Midnight_Aurora

That blasted sun feels as if it's getting hotter and hotter by the minute. Maybe it's just in your head, maybe not. But luckily the shade might save you from melting. (At least in your mind) But upon inspection the only things you can make out are several Rattlesnakes scurrying across the floor, paying no attention to you whatsoever, and what looks like a Sign that says "Ithagor, 5 miles ahead". Even further down you can slightly see a person walking down the same trail towards the city's direction.

Edited by Redeye

Charles attempts to kick the tumbleweed in anger and disappointment, and chases it around for a little while. "Pffph, darn sun.. makin' me do all this..." he grumbles, as he slides his fingers into his metallic gloves, wriggling his fingers, then clenching them into a fist. "I swear to god I'll punch ye one day, if I could ever reach you, ye glowing orb of misfortune." he whispers under his breath, looking up at it. "How the bloody hell am I supposed to find this place?! I'm in the middle of nowhere, there's nothing to follow, and I'm thirsty!" he shouts, before slowly calming down and realising his only lead, to absolutely anywhere away from here. He kneels down and watches the tumbleweed, and whispers to himself. "O' wee tumbleweed, do you know where this place is...?"

"Buck me to the moon. This sun is hot." upon seeing the other, Sylvana hurries to catch up. "Hay! Wait up!"

Hopefully when she catches up the other being waits for her. "You heading into town as well? May I travel with you?" Sylvana looks a little out of breath. She is use to flying not running.

Deathmark was using her hood as cover "What the hell, why is this so damn hot!?" Shouted Death. She sighed "atleast i'm there soon" Said the reaper. While taking out her weapon, for a closer expection, and to make sure, that it was fine. She looked up in saw the group. She smiled and sprinted towards them

The sun beating down on thaw land and a slight breeze flowing through her hooded robe, Lux had been walking what seemed forever down the road that would lead her to Ithagor. Before their trek, Lux's sister, Nox, had found a quick delivery job to a client in Ithagor to earn a little money. Lux reread the note that was left for her on top.

"Lux, take this parcel to Ithagor. In case we switch and it's gone, I have delivered it. So don't worry. -Nox"

The box she had to deliver wasn't big as it fit quite snug in her arms. She had passed a sign that said Ithagor was five miles about an hour ago and now she wondered how close she was. She stopped, sat down on her knees with the box in front of her, and pulled out a map.

"Hmmm... Where am I..." She said slowly with her tongue sticking out slightly as she scanned the map.

@@Soullite

Personifying things won't necessarily get you anywhere, but luckily enough you can catch a glimpse of a stream of water down below and a few specks that actually do NOT look like tumbleweed, but people.

@@Midnight_Aurora

Anima looks at her for a moment with her blood-red eyes. "And you are...?" she asks.

@

You sprint as fast as you can to the two people, and maybe a little TOO fast. You accidentally rush past them and almost lose your footing, but no biggie. Awkward entrances are common around here.

The two look at you for a second and then return to their small conversation a few seconds after.

@@Pinkamena Dianne Pie

Quite a dusty map, but it does say you aren't too far from the city.

On the other hand you can faintly hear a conversation between... 3... maybe even 4 people a ways behind you.

Lux looked sulkingly at the map as she looked how far away she was from the city.

"We need a new map, this one sucks." She said as she looked at what little money she had in her coin pouch. "Maybe I can buy a new one if this job earns enough." She added optimistically as she tapped on the box she was to bring to Ithagor. As she grabbed the box and stood up, she could hear faint voices coming from the direction she came from. Turning to look, she saw faint blurs in the distance.

"A stranger equals danger." Lux recited words from a list Nox had told her to follow. She giggled as that was her favourite rule because it rhymed. She then decided to pick up her pace a little and get to Ithagor before the people behind her caught up.

Timothy made it to the well near the the town entrance hoping to meet a potential group of travelers. Seeing no one there he sat down and started to read a book titled 'the shepherd of the hills' to read hoping someone would show up and speak with him

@@supersonicfan91

After possibly a few minutes you look up to notice that someone is walking towards the city; what looks like a young woman carrying a box of some sort. Must be the first visitor to Ithagor in years, as well.

Perhaps today was your lucky day, and maybe that book could wait 'til tomorrow.

Charles notices the stream of water, and cautiously approaches it, thinking it's just another trick his mind is playing on him, and reaches down and cups some in his hands, and splashes it on his face. "This is real... Wait, I wasn't hallucinating stuff this time!" he remarks with glee. "Maybe those figures aren't just me mind either." he says, as he walks slowly after the figures, cautious that it might be like the tumbleweed.

@@Soullite

Those figures turned out to be three women, one with wings, the other two with reddish skin. It's more than likely that those two might not be too happy to see you, but it all depends on the first impression, right? Right??

They're also in the middle of a conversation, so I guess pop in and say hello. But try not to flirt, it might not end well.

Timothy saw the girl with the box and despite his nervousness from lack of experience in simple conversation so he closed the book and said "Hello my is Timothy." Ok good start now what do I say why didn't I plan a whole conversation in my head before I started this how will I ever improve at the I clearly have no chance at this I should just go home and sulk for the rest of my life. No I can't just give up I know I can offer some help with what ever she is doing surly that would help me socialize better. "Would you like help with that?"

@@supersonicfan91,

After about fifteen minutes of hurried walking and coming around a canyon valley, the city of Ithagor was in sight. It wasn't much of a city, due to it being in a large wasteland, but it was impressive considering its location. Lux beamed and hurried to Ithagor. Another fifteen minutes and she arrived outside the town entrance. She stopped for a minute to catch her breath from her keeping a fast pace to get there.

She caught her breath and she began to walk in through the entrace of the city in order to start finding the client for her delivery. As she walked in, she was greeted by a rather nervous looking gentleman. She covered her mouth as she giggled a little. "You forgot to say name in your sentence." Lux said to Timothy with a grin. He then asked her if she would like some help with the box she was to deliver. "I think I can handle this by myself. But, if you could be so kind as to point me to the courier's office, that would be wonderful." Lux answered to his question.

(edited)

'It's official she hates me but I have a chance to redeem myself in her eyes so she won't want to hang me in tree over a pitch fork while the tree is on fire I can find the courier I ordered all my books through a catalogue and pick them up personally.' "Actually I can lead you there if you want I get to check if I got anything there now that I think about it." 'What am I doing don't say it like that it's sounds like you got a alternative motive she'll think your a freak or a perv' "that is you don't mind and want the help." 'Now you're are making it sound like she's useless stop talking already'. "Not that you can't handle it on your own that is." 'I said shut up ok that's it the brain is now off the clock we're taking 5 later'

Edited by supersonicfan91

(edited)

@@Midnight_Aurora

Anima looks at her for a moment with her blood-red eyes. "And you are...?" she asks.

"Sylvana. A pleasure to meet you." Sylvana says. She the stands and looks the direction of the city. "Shall we get going? I am sure you will want to rest when we arrive."

Sylvana walk on with this person. "What's your name?" Sylvana asks. She looks around to make sure nothing attacks them yet.

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@@Midnight_Aurora

"Anima," the young woman says. She doesn't seem to be all that talkative. Though, it is kind of incredible how she can withstand the heat of the sun without feeling bothered, at least, that's all that you can guess from the outside. While she doesn't necessarily feel interested to walk along with a partner, she's not stopping you from doing so. But the bigger concern here is what's with that other Penumbra that stumbled by?

(edited)

@@Midnight_Aurora

@

You sprint as fast as you can to the two people, and maybe a little TOO fast. You accidentally rush past them and almost lose your footing, but no biggie. Awkward entrances are common around here.

The two look at you for a second and then return to their small conversation a few seconds after.

@@Midnight_Aurora

"Anima," the young woman says. She doesn't seem to be all that talkative. Though, it is kind of incredible how she can withstand the heat of the sun without feeling bothered, at least, that's all that you can guess from the outside. While she doesn't necessarily feel interested to walk along with a partner, she's not stopping you from doing so. But the bigger concern here is what's with that other Penumbra that stumbled by?

Sylvana asks, "what's up with the Penumbra?" She looks towards that one. She asks, "Are you alright?"

Sylvana offers a hand to help in any way she can. She looks to the other and says, "If you two are heading for the city near here, let's travel together. Safety in numbers?"

Edited by Midnight_Aurora

@@supersonicfan91

While Timothy was replying to her, he was getting even more nervous, almost to the point of getting creepy. Lux was starting to think about leaving and finding her own way to the courier's office. As he kept talking, Timothy was getting weirder and weirder and Lux was getting more and more wanting to get away from him.

"Thanks for the offer... But, I think I can find my own way. Thanks." Lux said cautiously as she slowly backed away and started to walk away, reciting the rule 'A stranger equals danger.' in her head.

A hooded man walked through the canyon, continually checking that parts of him aren't exposed to the sun. Under the coat that protected him from the elements, he seemed to be a tanned man with strange markings. He'd been travelling for a while now, looking for some kind of marking or sign that he was soon reaching a town or settlement.

'I knew I should've copied that map... At the very least, I can follow the walls of the canyon for now. This heat isn't unlike that of fire.' He thought to himself, trudging onwards. Hopefully he'd find some indication of the direction towards a town or someone he could ask for directions before he died out here in the desert.

@@Windbreaker

Coming from the Eastern side of Ikaria, it must've been quite the trip getting from Jormun to the Canyon. Hopefully you wore white when you decided to traverse these hot landscapes.

But, to your convenience, you happen to find a sign that reads: "Ithagor, 2.5 miles away". And, in the distance, you can see the city itself. It'll most likely be a 20 minute walk, but hey, you made it at least!