Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My Little Pony-Dungeoneering is Magic

Copper_Cup

Bronies, how AWESOME would it be if there was a D&D-style MLP tabletop RPG? I feel like it really wouldn't be hard, though I have no idea how to go about doing it. (I'd be up for helping someone more knowledgeable put it together, though.) I played D&D for about four months, but my group up and quit and I have nobody to play with. I even thought of some racial stat changes too! For Example:

Earth Ponies:

Strength +2 (Earth Ponies Tend to be better suited for physical tasks like farming)

Constitution +2

Dexterity -1 (Not as nimble as Pegasi and no magic to help them move objects)

Unicorns

-2 Strength (Subtract strength and dexterity because magic is subbed for physical prowess)

-1 Constitution

+2 Dexterity (Magic helps manipulate objects)

+2 Intelligence (Intelligence needed for good spellcasting)

Pegasi

+2 Strength (Flying takes a lot of physical skill)

+1 Constitution

-1 Wisdom (Pegasi tend to be reckless and brash. Except Flutershai)

+1 Charisma

Griffins

+3 Strength (Griffins are more powerful than Pegasi)

+2 Constitution

-2 Charisma (Griffins tend to be brash and reckless too, but more so)

-2 Wisdom

what's RPG Maker?

O_O

Its some software that allows you to create games using pre made templates and characters, or you can make custom sprites and tile sets. you design the maps and scripts and pretty much draw out the game.

"RPG Maker™ XP gives you the power to create your own original RPG on Windows. Its popular and user-friendly interface has been carried over from RPG MAKER 2000, and its graphic capabilities, battle screen layout, and data packaging features are better than ever! By popular demand, this latest installment also contains a brand-new Scripting function. RPG MAKER XP is perfect for beginners and experts alike.

Read more: http://www.rpgmakerweb.com/product/rpg-maker-xp#ixzz1shj2wxZF"

Its and older program and requires some 'fixing' to get it to work. But it is an amazing program and there is a decent community out there that can provide help.

The one i have is much older, but there are new versions out there. I think they are on VX Ace

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg (I think it would be awesome)

I have read of some MLP RPG's on the making, but I haven't heard of them in a while...

RPG Maker seems to be popular for that kind of games, but is it capable of online multiplayer? :o lol

Actually my friend already made something akin to a table top rpg for my little pony, while he's still working on it, we've had test runs, and I found it to be pretty pleasant. However, I'm not sure as to what methods he utilized to determine stats, we were all given our choices with certain amount of points that at the same time, deduct from certain aspects of our characters.
  • Brohoof 1