Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc [CLOSED] Whisper: The City of Darkness (Exploration, Horror, Action/Adventure)

Once In A Blue Moon

This is a fun rp.

I like this rp.

And even though it may be considered slow, it's amazingly not dying :P

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
This is a fun rp.   I like this rp.

Excellent - I'm glad to hear that.

And even though it may be considered slow, it's amazingly not dying

I think as long as everyone understands that it's slow, but not getting any slower, it will keep going. The timetable has helped, I think, so it will continue to amble along at the current pace until we reach the end or something changes. Even then, it's survived one change of DM and a significant turnover of players, so it seems pretty robust.

Next post should be Sunday, where if someone hasn't decided which room everyone is going into Bramble will, followed by Tuesday or Wednesday depending on when I find the time.

Edited by Once In A Blue Moon

(edited)

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Orion Caelum@@Unicorncob@@Chip Circuit@@ForthEorl.

Quick query: how well did the exposition from the magical mirror fit in? It took up an entire post, and not much else developed, but my hope was that it would be sufficiently interesting to encourage exploration of the facility. The upcoming section will mostly be focused on exploration and mystery, albeit with gentle time pressure, and I haven't done anything particularly like this before, so feedback would be useful - either through public or private OOC.

In the same way, if you feel that I haven't included enough to really involve your character (which is my biggest worry) then do please let me know - we can bounce a few general ideas around in the private OOC to help me understand what would help draw them into the narrative.

With regards to timetable, I will be changing things slightly for the next couple of days (or more if it works well) whereby I will try to respond to each post as soon as possible to help make the exploration of the lab faster and more natural - prod something to trigger a more detailed description, so to speak.

• Brohoof 1

@@Once In A Blue Moon,

I thought that it was rather ingenious foreshadowing of whatever is coming. Rather than a general RP where most things are laid out clear, i.e. 'This is the bad guy, go beat him', here the lines are far more blurred. Enough information is given, from my point of view, to maintain intrigue as to what will happen, while not giving too much away. Keeps an air of mystery about it all. And I don't really mind that Sharp doesn't have that much to do. This bit seems much more tailored towards the magic/science people (Or ponies, I suppose), which isn't exactly Sharp's forte. But that's fine.

He'll just hang about, shoot at anything that's not friendly, and swear at everything. That seems reasonable.

EDIT: Also, those MS paint diagrams are very helpful; very helpful indeed. Thank you for going through the effort of making them.

Edited by ForthEorl
  • Brohoof 2

I agree with ForthEorl. Very well said.

And, of course, Wilhelm is in his element here. Equations! Bubbling beakers! Things-that-may-explode-if-you-poke-them! After all, where's the fun in not finding out under what condition something will explode?

• Brohoof 3

I agree with ForthEorl. Very well said.

And, of course, Wilhelm is in his element here. Equations! Bubbling beakers! Things-that-may-explode-if-you-poke-them! After all, where's the fun in not finding out under what condition something will explode?

Explode-y beaker things happen to be in Lavender's forte as well!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
Seems Arclight has joined our party!

Some sort of... airburst? Looks like something the Griffons would have tried; a fuel-air explosion weapon. They never did manage to get it to work reasonably, though this seems like it could be targeted to a superior degree. And break shields...

Which can also be spelled as Arc Light. Specifically, Operation Arc Light

• Brohoof 1

I see what you did there ;)

Arc reminds me of that fanfic where Twilight figures out how to teleport via lightning.

@@Ethan Sawyer,@@Orion Caelum@@Unicorncob@@Chip Circuit@@ForthEorl.

I'm going to be away from home from Wednesday, and will have to use my tablet, so my current plan is to continue the current point-and-click style exploration of the lab until Sunday, when I will next be able to do a lengthier post. 

Alternatively, if everyone is finished in the lab (there is plenty more to find, I will warn you) then I can do a long post tomorrow that moves events along.

• Brohoof 2

Lavender's bomb-making attempts seem to have blown through the fourth wall and taken down the servers. I will be trying to make a new post, but I may need to wait until tomorrow. 

Dammit Lavendar!

@@Unicorncob

post-34886-0-22964700-1463063789_thumb.png

In other news, there will still be a post on Friday, and the one after that will be on Sunday.

• Brohoof 1

Lavender's bomb-making attempts seem to have blown through the fourth wall and taken down the servers. I will be trying to make a new post, but I may need to wait until tomorrow. 

I've told her to stop doing that

Dammit Lavendar!

I TRIED TO STOP HER

lavndr pls

• Brohoof 1

Map:

post-34886-0-54503000-1463351616_thumb.png 

Threat rating:

Currently 3 for Sharp and Wilhelm, but will rise to 4 when the second mutant joins in.

Going toe-to-toe with a pegaus-mutant (a 'mutant knight' on the threat table) is threat rating 4, the exception being Lavender in full chaos mode (although that will draw the attention of far more powerful threats.) 

• Brohoof 1