private Search for a New Life

RarityLuna

Draft stretched his wings. "Good idea! I'll go find the royal guard and warn them about all the changelings!!"

He took to the air and flew in the direction of Canterlot Castle, disappearing behind a tower spire.

Midnight sighed and turned to the others, "and now me and storm shall dissappear for the time being, dont want to be caught by the royal guard," he smiled then turned, whispering "come on, lets find a good place to hide, and you can tell me if this is permanant or not."

Electrobolt nodded as he began to head back to the library, before remembering the stuff on his back that belonged to Midnight. "Oh yeah, Midnight..." he began. Turning around, he asked, "You want your stuff back or do you want me to hold onto it for a little while longer?"

midnight walked over and nuzzled electros cheek, "hold onto it for me, celestia knows hold long my body will be like this," he smiled then turned around, dissappearing into the shadows just before the royal guards arrive.

Electrobolt nodded as he began to head back to the library, still carrying Midnight's belongings on his back. As he was walking back up the stairs, his mind returned back to Midnight nuzzling him. He shook it off for now, deciding to worry about it another time, as he eventually returned to the library where the group had found the secret passage from.

"ohhh, like somepony?" storm teased,

midnight swallowed and blushed, "yeah....i-i do, but i dont think hes like that."

she smirked, "why the nuzzle then?"

midnight shook his head, "what if im stuck like this? you said yourself that you didnt know how long the spell lasted, might as well show him how i feel."

she smiled, "hopefully its not too long, then again, changeling magic is diffrent from regular magic, you MIGHT be a changeling now......im not completely sure."

Once Electrobolt got back to the same table that had the Daring Do book still sitting on it, he sat Midnight's belongings down on the floor next to the chair before sitting in said chair. He then returned to the page that he had left off and continued reading from there. Eventually, he closed his eyes to visualize himself in Daring Do's place, and at first, it was just that. But then, the moment where Midnight had nuzzled him entered his mind again, causing him to open his eyes.

*What was that...?* he thought, shaking his head. Normally, whenever he closed his eyes to visualize himself in Daring Do's position, it was only that. But now... *I'm worrying too much...* he thought to himself, trying to think that he was worried about Midnight. And truthfully, he pretty much was. He wanted Midnight to be back to normal, but was it really only that? Shaking his head, he cleared the thought out of his mind as he continued to read.

midnight blinked, "tell me you didnt say that," he stood up and paced, "i-i cant be..." he began mumbling, something about his life, oatmeal and something about5 being crazy.

storm surge narrowed her eyes and wacked midnight across the muzzle, "midnight snap out of it, being a changeling isnt THAT bad, if you still look like....." she waved a hoof at his body, "this tommorrow, then we will know, but for now just keep your head on straight, is that clear?"

midnight swalloed and looked shocked for a moment but nodded, "y-yeah, s-sorry."

Zarely paced around. "We better get over all this changeling stuff, it is making my mind swirl and circles, I'm so confused. And I, don't know what to dooooooo!!!!" she yelled. She was to confused, Midnight and somepony else magic changeling. Thoughts of what had jsut happened made her dizzy. She collapsed, yelled and fainted."It is all too confusing..."was the last thing she thought or heard.

Zarely opened her eyes. She quickly got up, acknowledging the fact that she had fainted. " I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to, but since a filly I have trouble with confusing things, ask my math teacher, I fainted pretty much every time. Hope I didn't startl you though!" she said apologizing to Song.

Electrobolt shook his head before smiling, looking over to Zarely. "Hey, it's alright," he said to her. "We all don't know what's going on either, but... Don't worry about it, alright?" Looking back to the book for a second, he thought of something. "Hey, Zarely? Would you like to read this Daring Do book for the moment?"

Electrobolt had a gentle smile on his face as he looked at Zarely reading the book. Feeling better, he got back on his own hooves. He looked out the window a bit before saying, "I'll be right back. I'm gonna go take a breath of fresh air for a bit, alright?" He then, leaving Midnight's belongings where he sat them down, began to walk outside for a little. *Some fresh air would be nice right now...* he thought to himself.

midnight had fallen asleep, he4 shook his head awake, and looked at his hooves, they looked normal, he couldnt contain his grin as he stepped into the light, and looked himself over, he was back to normal and he smiled.

turning to storm he poked her softly, "storm, storm, im back to normal, come on..."

she smiled then sighed, laying her head down "im not strong enough....."

midnight blinked "well.....you said you could feed from me.....w-why cant you do that, then we can leave?"

she shook her head, "you wouldnt like the way i do it, im an experiment the queen did, i feed on blood, not love...."

midnight tilted his head then without thinking, came in beside her and offered his neck, "go on then."

storm looked up at him, startled "r-really?"

midnight chuckled, "even in the short time ive known you, youve helped me more times then i care to mention, and youve helped save my friends, i owe you, this is the least i can do."

she swallowed, but didnt complain, taking what she needed she then pulled back and smiled thankfully, "t-thank you, ill never forget...."

midngiht smiled and stood up, "beacuse ill never let you forget, now come on and get your unicorn disguise on, we gotta go meet with the others."

After forgetting everything that happened, Starry decided to look at the library's almanacs quietly, "Oh, this will be great! I hope I'll learn a lot from these!" She grinned a little.

Electrobolt, now outside, took a deep breath as he gazed towards the sky. It was fairly cloudy, but not too cloudy. "Beautiful day today..." he whispered to himself, as he took another breath of fresh air. Taking this moment of peace, he closed his eyes as he reflected on everything that happened so far. He remembered catching up to the group before they entered the Everfree Forest, and encountering an abandoned building in the forest as well. He also clearly remembered getting lost in the building, before crashing into Midnight. However, the one thing he didn't pay any attention to in the past was Midnight, and he was blushing before letting him get up.

Electrobolt shook his head as he opened his eyes. *Ugh, come on Electrobolt...* he thought to himself. *Pull yourself together...* After a few more minutes, he closed his eyes once more as he recalled what happened after the incident in the abandoned building. He recalled that Midnight would teach him how to use a bow, which he had to admit is something he is really looking forward to. He also recalled seeing the meteorite fall from the sky and riding on Midnight's back as they hurried over to the crash site. Once more he felt a pang of jealousy for being born as an earth pony and not a pegasus, as being in the sky was an incredible feeling. *Man, I wish I could fly... That was such an amazing feeling...* he thought, loving that moment he had in the sky. Then just seeing the meteorite up close was an amazing sight to behold. He never saw anything like it before. It was an amazing experience!

And then his memories brought him back to this location: Canterlot. The memories of what happened were so recent he did not feel the need to recall them. Taking in one more deep breath, Electrobolt smiled. So far, he had amazing memories and he hoped to have even more amazing memories to come. *Alright, I've been out here long enough...* he thought to himself, turning around to the library entrance. *I think it's about time I went back inside... Don't wanna worry them any.* With that, he entered the library again.

midnight looked around for one specific stallion, but noticed he was gone for the moment, and when he inquired, they said he went out to get some fresh air.

"dont blame him," midnight thought, "things have been topsy turvy lately."

he sighed then looked around he needed something to occupy himself with, eventually falling on a fictional story about some bowman who stole from the rich and gave to the poor.

it seemed to intrest him slightly, mostly beacuse the pony used a bow

Electrobolt began to go up the stairs, with all the previous memories still in his mind. He let out a light sigh as he got back up to the group. "Hey everyone, hey Midnight, I'm ba---" he started to say, before he froze in place. *Wait... Did I just...* he thought, looking around the area as he spotted Midnight, back to normal. "Midnight, you're back!" he called out as he proceeded to hug him tight. Once he realized what he did, he quickly let go as he backed away slowly. "I... I'm sorry, I... I don't know what came over me..." he quickly apologized, honestly unsure of why he did that.

midnight blinked but the hug wasnt unwelcome, he blushed then smiled and hugged back, "yes, im back to normal, just happened about an hour ago," he nuzzled electros neck "miss me?" he chuckled

Electrobolt didn't expect Midnight to nuzzle him again, but didn't stop him. Instead, his heart began to pound as his face turned red. "Uh, y-yeah... I did..." he began, a bit flustered. "I... I'm glad you're back to normal... I don't know what would have happened if you were stuck like that forever..."

"Y-yeah..." Electrobolt responded to Midnight, still a bit flustered. *Come on, Electrobolt...* he thought to himself. *Try and not focus about this right now...* He looked next to Midnight and saw a different book, opened. Seeing the chance to hopefully clear his mind for a bit, he asked, "So... What were you reading? Before, well... You know..." His face was still red, though not as much as it was at first.