The "We miss you Ghostfacekiller39" thread!

Sapphire Lightning

Anyways it has been awhile since GFK39 left the forums, but I keep running across their posts and every time I do I feel a little pang. GFK39 always brightened my day by starting each new day with a cute Rarity pic in the Rarity fan club.

Anyways, I dunno if this thread will be deleted or not, but I wanted to atleast try to start it.

We miss you ghostfacekiller!

• Brohoof 7

Wait, what? Isn't that the pony from the Rarity fan club?  :blink:

What's happened? He leaving the fandom or get into another forum?

Yeah. He was the pony that gave everypony a greeting every morning in the Rarity fanclub with a cute pic of Rarity sleeping. Dunno what happened to him, but his close friends here have said that he has left the forum. Dunno if he left the fandom itself though.

Yeah. He was the pony that gave everypony a greeting every morning in the Rarity fanclub with a cute pic of Rarity sleeping. Dunno what happened to him, but his close friends here have said that he has left the forum. Dunno if he left the fandom itself though.

:( That's not good! I hope he comes back one day.

It was sweet of you to make this post.  :rarity:

• Brohoof 4

*OC Lucky Star*

I miss that handsome son of a bitch too.

YAY! But yes, there are those here who miss you. If you are really dropping out, please shoot me a message on steam. I never got to really know you. (Also, I miss the "goodmorning everypony" in the rarity fanclub).

-hug-?

• Brohoof 2

The idolization of ghostfacekiller39 as a "forum hero" is concerning, to say the least.

Agreed, he had had a positive impact on many people, but remember that he was still a person like everyone else.

He had faults and made mistakes much like any human being would.

I think dwelling on a member who has left is rather inappropriate, as it only implies the "population contest" that seems to still exist within MLPForums.

Nonetheless, there are countless members that I miss, but I do not attempt to turn them into a "symbol" or a "movement".

I find it odd to make a thread dedicated to one person, yet not dedicate it to the countless other members on MLPF who have helped develop MLPForums into what it is today. People such as :

• Shankveld
  • Artemis
  • SCS
  • feld0
  • Makusu2
  • Ol' Sarge

I'm not saying that it's necessarily rude to dedicate a thread to one person alone, I'm simply raising the question of whether or not we might as well glorify the many other members who have left a lasting impact on MLPForums as well.

• Brohoof 4

~snip~

I agree, actually - except for the idolization and movement part. I don't see anything of that sort in this thread as much as a thread just saying "I miss this guy, does anyone else?"

It was a very nice sentiment on behalf of the OP, but I don't really deserve any kind of special attention of any sorts. I'm not necessarily a profound member, and likely all anybody remembers me for is always bickering with the staff/with someone about Rarity. That's fine and all, but I'm not really much special. 

Someone should just make a "lost members" thread or something, if it doesn't already exist, if they want to remember ded folk like me.

YAY! But yes, there are those here who miss you. If you are really dropping out, please shoot me a message on steam. I never got to really know you. (Also, I miss the "goodmorning everypony" in the rarity fanclub).

-hug-?

-hugs-  :grin2:

My steam link is on my profile, so hit me up there and add me. I did a cleaning out a while back of people who I didn't ever have any communication with, and I've never been good at one on one conversations with  people, but if you want to add me and chat sometime then I'll be happy to.

• Brohoof 5

CpYKgl1.png

He who is Positively Obsessed With All Things Rarity!!!

"Not everyone who is pretty is necessarily beautiful. For those two to come together is truly a Rarity"

-Jacob G. Rosenberg

Signature by @FadedSkies

The subject of this topic has little potential to spark discussion between many members and, as such, would be better suited to a status update or a blog. When creating a thread, please remember that the goal is to start a conversation with room for many people to chime in and give their own viewpoints on, and that sharing events of an anecdotal nature would be better done elsewhere.

• Brohoof 2