general questions Unsubscribing from updates to "Topics I've participated in"

Lucky Shot
Go to solution Solved by Lightwing,

Hi! I'm Lucky Shot. I was a jerk and got myself suspended for inflammatory posts in certain topics.

As part of amending my behavioral pattern on this forum, I'd like to be able to unsubscribe from "Topics I've participated in", which appear on the front page and boldface anything I haven't read. By drawing my attention to such topics, the chance I will fail to leave a topic that's becoming tense (e.g. because I made a poorly thought-out post) increases.

On a more general note, there are only five spaces for "Topics I've participated in", and it would be easier to keep track of favorite topics if ones users don't care so much about can be removed from this list.

Is there any way to do this?

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, but good suggestion. I believe you can turn these off in settings.

Other than that just try to stop responding. I would recommend you just do the second answer.

As I do not know if it is possible to do in settings.

Go do something else if you really feel you can't ignore it, like go outside, watch TV, etc.

Edited by Dashaloo
  • Brohoof 1

As far as I know, there is no way to only hide the "Topics I've participated in" panel. I agree with you that there should be an option to remove threads from that list.

However, you can hide the panel by hiding the whole group of panels on the front page. Doing so means that you won't see the "Recently discussed forum topics:" panel or the panel with avatars of users who currently are online.

It will look something like this:

wZ90PtH.png

If you wish to do this, go to My Settings -> Homepage -> "Enable Board Index Face panel?" and uncheck the checkbox.

sig-4219625.4129c45196.png

Then, if there are certain topics you want to keep track of, you can follow them instead and get a notification whenever someone makes a post.

sig-4219625.566e57b1bb.png

You can also access threads you have participated in by going to "My Content" if you don't want to get tons of notifications from followed threads.

991df47d25.png

• Brohoof 2

@Lucky Shot, sadly it is technically impossible to remove the threads from the 'Topics I've participed in'. Even if we deleted all of your posts, you would still be marked as 'has posted here', and still stay there. Once you post in any topic, it will show up there, without a chance to remove it.

Although @Jokuc's solution can work if you don't mind not being able to follow the 'Recently discussed topics' window.

• Brohoof 2

With all said, if nothing else bothers you, I can say that we reached a point where the issue has found a solution (although on a different way than expected)

Locking topic. Like always, if you have more doubts, don't hesistate on making anothet topic, and have a good day.

• Brohoof 1