Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Equestria Online (RP)

Dapper Charmer

OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/137497-equestria-online/?p=4078531

Equestria Online is currently being developed by EA (Equestrian Alicorns) games. It is a MMO Fantasy RPG set in an alternate version if Equestia. It is also said to be the most emersive virtual gameing experience if all time. It is not set for release for several months, but a lucky handful of ponies have been given an opertunity to beta test the game. These lucky ponies have been sent an early copy of the game as well as the software needed to play it. And all they need to do is set up a character, play the game and make note of any problams.Simple right? Well lets just wait and see.

(I'll wait for everyone to 'log in' before I post next)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shade Rover logs in

"Hello world, or whatever... *yawn* Let's see..." - he says silently.
Shade inspects the world around with interest, trying to notice any flaws in virtuality.
After finishing inspection he continues: "Huh, looks nice, so far. Visual part is pretty awesome."

"Hmm... and where's everypony else, I wonder?" - he says with a surprised look, which quickly turns into wide smile: "Oh come on, Shade, don't act like you care, heheh... time to go, we need to test this game for glitches and stuff, remember?"

[Real world]

"Sis! If I'm not down for dinner don't come get me! I repeat don't come get me! I have a game to test! " Sparkle slipped on her Nervegear and began the process to log in. "Link start!" She said watching the screen fill with colours

[EAO]

"Wow... Impressive" she said looking up at the sky " can't believe that this is all fake. I wonder if I can still fly... Best save that for later. I don't want to die yet I just started! Now to find some pony strong and team up with them! " She said running off.

Shadow walked into his house and sighed, he walked to his room and grabbed his gear.

He opened his eyes and looked around,

"the graphic are good, movement is good, animation is good,"

He looked at his body, his arms were metal.

"K, now let go see how enemies react."

Crystalline walked outside to check the mail. It had become her daily routine for the past week as she waited for her new game to arrive. When she opened the mailbox she squeed in delight.

"EA's new MMORPG! Equestria Online!" She hugged the game to herself. "Oh how I've waited for you to come!" She gripped the game in her magic and rushed back inside. "Hey dad," she yelled, halfway up the stairs, "I'm gonna be busy for a while. Don't worry about me if you don't see me the rest of the day."

Once upstairs, Crystalline setup the game, laid down on her bed and put the VR device on to her head. "Let's do this!" The game started and she was whirled away.

~~~~~~~~~~

After a few minutes to an hour of character creation, she appeared in the starting area. "Wow, it's so beautiful. Whelp, time to explore!" So she headed off to start her adventure... and find bugs, of course.

I can't believe this is even happening, I signed up for it as a little joke between friends...well I can't go back now. Dark thinks as she readies the nerve gear "This is going to be weird" She lays down on her bed "Here we go"

LOGIN

@,

Holy crap this looks amazing. She looks around. There should only be like 9 other ponies here right? Well might as well try to find them. She starts to walk around the town seeing shops and other places. One big city. She see's a running mare go by her "Hey!" Dark shouts "Need a mage?"

Hehe, Mastermind would be so jealous that I get to try out the game before he could even get his hooves on it!

With a grin, Stormlight trots to her house, giving a quick kiss to Mastermind, telling him that she will be busy trying out the new MMORPG that was due to release months later. The stallion looked a bit jealous, but smiled anyways as Stormlight flies to the room.

Quickly, Storm turns on the software, starting the game to figure out how well the game plays. She looked at the name of the game, "'Equestria Online'...this is so cool!"

---------------------------

Upon entering the virtual world, Storm does the usual thing a MMORPG offers, and that is character creation. Hm...this should be good enough, quite interesting,

The world that surrounded her in the game felt very realistic; the weather feature, the clouds in the sky were formed different than each other, especially moving slowly like they do in real life.

Stormlight wanders around, gazing at how real everything feels and appears. She wonders if there is anypony logged in as well.

I can't believe this is even happening, I signed up for it as a little joke between friends...well I can't go back now. Dark thinks as she readies the nerve gear "This is going to be weird" She lays down on her bed "Here we go"

LOGIN

@,

Holy crap this looks amazing. She looks around. There should only be like 9 other ponies here right? Well might as well try to find them. She starts to walk around the town seeing shops and other places. One big city. She see's a running mare go by her "Hey!" Dark shouts "Need a mage?"

" Huh?" Sparkle stopped. " yeah! You need a swords mare? " She walked up to Dark. "We should go hunting outside of town. After that we can use the earnings to buy better equipment. What am I saying? We're not even friends yet! Can you tell me your user name? So I can friend you. I'm Shimmer. That's not my real name but its similar."

@,

"Oh my game name is Dim, same kind of thing as you with it being close to the real name" She tries to go throw the menus and eventually sends the request to be Shimmer's friend "Yeah, RPGs are one of the only games I know how to play. My father dragged me into C&W (D&D) so I'm just wonder about the MMO part" She chuckles "I heard there was alchemy so don't be surprised if I pick a few flowers and mushrooms"

@,

"Oh my game name is Dim, same kind of thing as you with it being close to the real name" She tries to go throw the menus and eventually sends the request to be Shimmer's friend "Yeah, RPGs are one of the only games I know how to play. My father dragged me into C&W (D&D) so I'm just wonder about the MMO part" She chuckles "I heard there was alchemy so don't be surprised if I pick a few flowers and mushrooms"

Sparkle went into her menu and accepted the friend request. " nice to meetcha Dim! Okay party invite sent just accept that and we can finally go and kill some stuff. Don't worry they aren't real.it's VR virtual reality. They can't really hurt you. I'm more into the weapon system myself. Might open a smith shop when it's publicly released. "

@,

"Players can do that?" She said accepting the party invite "This is all really cool, I mean this is basically a life you could come back to when you want. I own my own potion shop so I don't think I really need a one in here, adventures are where the fun stuff happens" She chuckles again "Also I know I cant actually die, its just game...so where should we go party leader?"

@,

"Players can do that?" She said accepting the party invite "This is all really cool, I mean this is basically a life you could come back to when you want. I own my own potion shop so I don't think I really need a one in here, adventures are where the fun stuff happens" She chuckles again "Also I know I cant actually die, its just game...so where should we go party leader?"

" well there are some fields to the south of here. There should be some monsters down there. If we grind on those for a bit then we ccould get our level up before anyone else! Then if somepony wants our loot they can't take it. Cool right!?" Sparkle pulled up her map and pointed to the group of fields

Shadow walked into the Forest and caught a group of lv.1 enemies. He walked up, grabbed the first one and swung it into the others, their hp bar slowly going down. After a few minutes, the group was nothing but particles. He smiled and looked through all he got. 

(I hope it's okay for me to add enemies.)

@,

"Sounds like a good idea, plus with some LV I can get new spells. Maybe we can get some rare thing too, if its a wand or staff then I will have it" Dark says pumped. She starts heading towards the fields. "I wonder if we'll find another beta tester around, if it was a rouge then we would have the RPG trinity"

@,

"Sounds like a good idea, plus with some LV I can get new spells. Maybe we can get some rare thing too, if its a wand or staff then I will have it" Dark says pumped. She starts heading towards the fields. "I wonder if we'll find another beta tester around, if it was a rouge then we would have the RPG trinity"

"He he. Yeah! That would be fun! " Sparkle said walking out of the town of beginnings (what it's actually called in teh anime) "c'mon! And try not to die. I don't want to be sent back to town just yet. Well actually I should try to stay alive as well. " She looked out over the planes and sighed "I never want to leave this place."

@,

"Yeah I can see why you would think that...but of course you cant just abandon real life, ponies need to be active because we all have a part to play" Dark sighs "Anyway, now is not really a time to get deep. There are monsters around that we should kill and get LV from" She looks around and sees a group of boars "I think I see some uncooked steak in front of us" Dark readies a fire spell "I will release it just before you get there, ok?"

@,

"Yeah I can see why you would think that...but of course you cant just abandon real life, ponies need to be active because we all have a part to play" Dark sighs "Anyway, now is not really a time to get deep. There are monsters around that we should kill and get LV from" She looks around and sees a group of boars "I think I see some uncooked steak in front of us" Dark readies a fire spell "I will release it just before you get there, ok?"

Sparkle nods and equips her sword before running towards the group of boars screaming fiercely (please don't hit me Dim! Even if I don't feel pain I'll still take alot of damage from a direct spell even at a low level. I hope she can aim well...) She thought as she almost tripped on one of the boars Edited by The Tinselated Pony

Shadow walked out of the forest and into a valley or field. Then he heard a roar, He turned around to see a giant lv. 3 gorilla thing. The gorilla roared at him and charged. Shadow crouched low and jumped out of the way, When he turned back to the fields he saw two people standing there. He swore under his breath and jumped on the back. he pulled out a knife and shoved it into its neck. It's health bar went down a fourth.

@, @@Yoshikupo,

Shadow said as he was riding the gorilla, 

"If ya value your virtual life, you might want to get out of the way."

He pulled out the knife and continuously stabbed it in the head.

Edited by reader8363

@, @@reader8363,

(Sparkle doesn't know the name of the pony playing Dim)

Dark saw how she almost tripped on the boars. She came out with the readied spell and throw it in between to boars distracted by Sparkle "Be careful to not get to close to the flaming ones...also there are 3 left after those 2 boars die. More cover fire to come" She readies another fire spell when some random pony on a gorilla appears from the nearby forest "On second thought, maybe we should get to safety from that thing" She gets a little farther from all the others

Edited by Yoshikupo

@, @@reader8363,

(Sparkle doesn't know the name of the pony playing Dim)

Dark saw how she almost tripped on the boars. She came out with the readied spell and throw it in between to boars distracted by Sparkle "Be careful to not get to close to the flaming ones...also there are 3 left after those 2 boars die. More cover fire to come" She readies another fire spell when some random pony on a gorilla appears from the nearby forest "On second thought, maybe we should get to safety from that thing" She gets a little farther from all the others

Sparkle was pushed over by two of the boars which then began to attack her. "Dim! Help! There's too many of them! " Sparkle managed to kill one of the boars making it shatter into a mill pieces. She was proud of herself until she noticed where she was lying. Right in the path of the gorilla

@,@@Yoshikupo,

Shadow saw that one was in the path. He threw the knife, it stuck in one of the boar's head, and pulled out a small sythe, then he stuck it into the neck and flipped around the gorilla's neck. The health bar was depleating rapidly until the gorilla turn into particles. He said, as he walked up to the boar and pushed it's head into the ground until it's gone,

"So, are both of ya okay?" 

@,@@reader8363,

Should I run over there and help? Dark asked herself looking at Shimmer before the gorilla was dead. Yes I should. She ran throw many boars, getting attacked on the way. "Get up now!" The yelled grabbing Shimmers hand then pulled her up "We have to go now" She uses the flame spell that was still readying inside of her out on the grass behind her, making a patch of fire that made an almost wall between the boars and them. She then noticed that the stallion had killed the boars near them and the gorilla "I think were ok but I also think we should recuperate somewhere else" She says looking at the town "Hopefully some other thing doesn't come out of nowhere"

@,@@reader8363,

Should I run over there and help? Dark asked herself looking at Shimmer before the gorilla was dead. Yes I should. She ran throw many boars, getting attacked on the way. "Get up now!" The yelled grabbing Shimmers hand then pulled her up "We have to go now" She uses the flame spell that was still readying inside of her out on the grass behind her, making a patch of fire that made an almost wall between the boars and them. She then noticed that the stallion had killed the boars near them and the gorilla "I think were ok but I also think we should recuperate somewhere else" She says looking at the town "Hopefully some other thing doesn't come out of nowhere"

Sparkle was crying and hugged Dark. " t...thank you Dim you saved me. I... I was gonna die!" She looked back at the Stallion. "You to. Thank you." Sparkle opened up her inventory. "It's not much but here. It's the drop from that boar i killed. I'm not high enough level to cook it yet." She said transferring it into his inventory Edited by The Tinselated Pony

i see @ The TInselated Pony, @rdader8363 and i run towards them hoping everyone is okay i take off my scarf and stuff it into one of my pockets. I look at the town below us and think. where in equestria am i? i look at the people again and decide to continue moving towards them hoping one of them can answer my question.