Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So I bought the Friendship is Magic #3 Comic..

Hazy Skies

Before I purchased it, i was reading "Volume 1" of the comic series.. and It contained all 4 parts of "Return of Queen Chrysalis"

The one with this cover art:

Z02wxof.jpg

and I was going to get #2 of the series, but I decided to get #3 instead.. I was super excited to read it when it got delivered and I started reading it and was like "Wait.. this is part 3 of Return of Queen Chrysalis.. I read this already :( "

The one I bought has this cover art:

CAFRwvq.jpg

So my question is:

How am I able distinguish which comics contain full story arcs (like volume 1) during purchase?

On a side note.. Where do you find the best place to purchase MLP comics and books? Preferably cheap..

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by AURAequine

Usually most comic stores will let you read the comics at the store, and it'll usually tell you what it's about inside it

Best way to tell the main series apart is to buy it online since it'll tell you. Unlike the Micro Series and the Friends Forever which are distinguishable by the characters they use, there's only one cover that actually tells what the comics are about, and it's pretty annoying considering all of the comics usually have a million covers each

Edited by Megas75

Usually most comic stores will let you read the comics at the store, and it'll usually tell you what it's about inside it

Best way to tell the main series apart is to buy it online since it'll tell you. Unlike the Micro Series and the Friends Forever which are distinguishable by the characters they use, there's only one cover that actually tells what the comics are about, and it's pretty annoying considering all of the comics usually have a million variants.

Unfortunately I don't actually have a comic store anywhere near where I live :/ So I can't purchase in-store.. :(

And the million variants is the problem.. I can't figure out which ones have the full arcs..

Hmm.. unless I perhaps look at the amount of pages or something :/ Idk..

Does Barnes and Noble have the comics? I do know that Hot Topic usually has the latest issues(though recently I don;t know)

Honestly I still think the best bet is to buy them online, whether it be for physical or digital At the very least you'll know which issue it is

Does Barnes and Noble have the comics? I do know that Hot Topic usually has the latest issues(though recently I don;t know)

Honestly I still think the best bet is to buy them online, whether it be for physical or digital At the very least you'll know which issue it is

I live in Australia.. So those places aren't really useful to me :/

Yeah, then I'd definitely say online is the best bet

Yup, and that's where I'm looking, but I've been to Ebay and it's expensive there.. and I've been to Amazon.. but some MLP books aren't available in Australia for some reason :/

Have you tried IDW's official site?

I'm not Australian so I don't know what else to say

I'll look into that a little later, though i still wonder as to the whole "How can I tell of this comic i feel like buying contains the whole arc?" thing :huh:

Are digital comics an option? I can just give you the links to buy via ComiXology.

I've thought of digital, but I'd prefer physical copies.. they look much better than displayed on a screen ;)