Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What if Hasbro did a Skylanders like game?

Night Silent

It would be neat, but I kind of hope they don't and they probably shouldn't anyways. The market is saturated with figurine based games like Skylanders, Amiibos, Disney Infinity and honestly, those games really annoy me with how much crap you have to buy to progress in them. I'll settle for just a regular MLP game.

One question would arise from this: "Where did all my money go??? D:" 

This actually would be a pretty cool idea, we could get amazing new pony collectibles AND a game to play as them! Plus the combination of other properties could be really neat as well. My only gripe is that we have too many of these games on the market as it is, but I would take this over Skylanders and Lego Dimensions any day. 

• Brohoof 3

My dreams of having Megatron being the savior of Equestria would finally be a reality

But seriously, while I think it would be a neat idea considering Hasbro has a fairly decent enough stable(hehe) of IP to pull it off, like @Key Sharkz said there's already getting to be too much "Toys-to-life" games on the market and I doubt adding yet another one would be a good idea.

I'd much rather just have a normal crossover game, or just a proper Pony game

Edited by Megas

My dreams of having Megatron being the savior of Equestria would finally be a reality

But seriously, while I think it would be a neat idea considering Hasbro has a fairly good stable of IP to pull it off, like @Key Sharkz said there's already getting to be too much "Toys-to-life" games on the market and I doubt adding yet another one would be a good idea.

I'd much rather just have a normal crossover game, or just a proper Pony game

Not to mention these types of games are HUGE risks money wise. They are expensive to develop and they require constant new content to stay entertaining to people. They are a huge initial investment and Hasbro isn't exactly known for their video games, which are always rather "eh" at best. They don't really have work with a lot of really amazing game studios. Skylanders has the advantage of being owned by Activision which is one of the most successful game studios in the world right now, and Disney Infinity has Disney who more or less has more money than God.

To give you an idea of some numbers:

• Disney has over $88 Billion in assets.
  • Activision has almost $15 billion in assets.
  • Hasbro has only about $4 billion in assets.

While they are a big company, developing games is super expensive, and they would have to train a game design department which can cost millions, or they would have to hire an outside studio to do it which basically will be more expensive because they have to pay the middle man AND they will have to sacrifice some of the royalties to them. Not to mention Hasbro has a reputation of releasing really low quality products for many of their lines. The figurines would be totally crap.