Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Equestrian Pokemon Adventure (RP)

supersonicfan91

Flash grabbed the pokedex and thanked the princess as he walked into the area. He looked around for a little bit then he found a curious looking Pokemon that his pokedex said was called Ralts. "Hmm, it says that Ralts uses the horn on its head to sense the emotions of those around it, and it's a psychic type. So Ralts, will you be my partner?" It nodded it's head and said, "Ralts Ralt." "I'll take that as a yes!" And headed over to Princess Twilight. Flash then picked a number out of the bucket. "Ok, I got a 2, cool! I guess that means I get to fight you Dynamo." He checked his pokedex to see what moves Ralts had. "Wait a minute! Ralts only has growl! He can't even attack! How is he supposed to fight?!"

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@supersonicfan91,

He nodded his understanding. Then looked down at his paper to see the number two. "Alrighty then."

@@Dynamo Pad,

Infinity looked up at Dynamo and approached him, Poochyena following beside him, "Hello there. I too also drew the number two." He held his hoof out for a shake, saying, "I'm Infinity, and for now, this will be my partner." Gesturing towards poochyena. "I would like to get to know you and your little orange friend there."

(I WILL MAKE NO MORE POSTS UNTIL WE FIGURE THIS OUT)

Edited by Colenso Rivers

@@supersonicfan91,

He nodded his understanding. Then looked down at his paper to see the number two. "Alrighty then."

@@Dynamo Pad,

Infinity looked up at Dynamo and approached him, Poochyena following beside him, "Hello there. I too also drew the number two." He held his hoof out for a shake, saying, "I'm Infinity, and for now, this will be my partner." Gesturing towards poochyena. "I would like to get to know you and your little orange friend there."

Dynamo saw Infinite walk up to him and he returned the gesture by putting his hoof out to meet Infinite's handshake. "Hey it's nice to meet you too Infinite. That's a cool Poochyena you have and he looks like he was born to battle. My name is Dynamo Pad and this my partner Trapinch." Trapinch looked up to Infinite and closed his eyes in a smile like fashion. "Trap Trapinch." Trapinch said as if to say hello. Dynamo then had a confused look on his face. "Same here on getting to know you and your partner. It would be awesome getting to know a future rival and friend. Wait you said you pulled the number two correct?" It didn't make sense that the majority of the trainers there pulled the same number. "Hey Twilight? Are you sure there was only 4 pieces of paper that said 1 and 2? I didn't think there were multiple numbers.

Edited by Dynamo Pad

@,

"sorry but that entry is outdated see look at mine it shows Ralts actually knows Confusion as well  I'll update yours before you leave, OK"

@Dynamo Pad,

sorry i miscounted so it looks like we got to prearrange the battles sorry i just notice the odd number of trainers i got to readjust this whole thing

@@supersonicfan91

Infinity left dynamo with a nod, saying, "Sorry for the misunderstanding" Then turned toward Twilight, "Excuse me princess, but would you like to tell us all here and now who we will be battling, and if not, where shall we go with our pokemon? I assume we cant just be off on our merry way with nothing holding us here" He knew he was trustworthy, but expected there to be some sort of policy.

"Ok I got it I changed it to tournament style with a winner a loser bracket with a 2 loss elimination rule. so the 1st round is Lost Infinity Vs. D-Pad followed by Dynamo Pad, VS. Artimis Whooves but we only have 1 battlefield here so we will have to take turns on the field and Flash Lighting's battle will be the winner between D-Pad and Lost Infinity. any questions?"  Twilight said the best should to come up with an idea on the spot

"Ok I got it I changed it to tournament style with a winner a loser bracket with a 2 loss elimination rule. so the 1st round is Lost Infinity Vs. D-Pad followed by Dynamo Pad, VS. Artimis Whooves but we only have 1 battlefield here so we will have to take turns on the field and Flash Lighting's battle will be the winner between D-Pad and Lost Infinity. any questions?"  Twilight said the best should to come up with an idea on the spot

"Nope, all clear here." Said Flash.

(OOC: sorry about that, I was raised on Gen III and in those Ralts only had growl until about lv. 8. Sorry for the misunderstanding.)

"I can't wait to have my first battle!" Said flash enthusiastically. "The anticipation is KILLING ME!"

@@supersonicfan91

"I've got it. Five people seems like a strange way to do anything with balance, but it'll definitely work Princess, thank you." He then approached D-pad and cleared his throat nervously before holding his hoof out and saying, "Hello, I am Infinity. I would like to get to know you and your pokemon better D-pad, if that's okay with you." Poochyena followed and barked out.

@@Colenso Rivers,

"oh sure that's no problem well you know my name and this is my partner Cherubi."

"Cher Cher Cher (and I'm looking forward to know you too.)"

"I sure wish I had a translator for him though but maybe we can understand them over time."  D-Pad said "Hey Cherubi why don't you go play with Poochyena for a bit before the battle ok."

"Cher (no problem)" Cherubi then hopped over near Poochyena and said "Cher Cher (Hi there.)

@@supersonicfan91,

"Yeah, no I have no clue if they can even speak to each other. All poochyena seems to speak is bark and growl. Oh, and howl." Then looking at the Cherubi, "But you know, if Cherubi comes from the same place, and seems to have some kind of meaning in his speech than maybe Poochyena is actually speaking when he barks."

Poochyena barked a couple of times, "(Play, yes! Let's play!)"

Infinity on the other hand asked, "So, how did you get into this new craze?"

Poochyena chattered with Cherubi, "Hey, wanna play?!"

@@supersonicfan91,

"Yeah, no I have no clue if they can even speak to each other. All poochyena seems to speak is bark and growl. Oh, and howl." Then looking at the Cherubi, "But you know, if Cherubi comes from the same place, and seems to have some kind of meaning in his speech than maybe Poochyena is actually speaking when he barks."

Poochyena barked a couple of times, "(Play, yes! Let's play!)"

Infinity on the other hand asked, "So, how did you get into this new craze?"

Poochyena chattered with Cherubi, "Hey, wanna play?!"

"Well I just really need to meet more ponies cause I know I'm socially awkward. And this will let me do just that and I just want to leave for a while." D-Pad started to explain "see I still live with my parents but my dad constantly works in 2 week shifts with 2 weeks off so just relaxes when he's home and my mom while caring puts her all in her talent. As for me I never really feel close to them. It's just like they're there and that's it. So everything just started feeling routine so why not have an adventure to spice things up. Don't misunderstand I still care for my family and I know they care I just want some change to want my norm is." D-Pad said to Infinity "Sorry about the info drop but you did ask. Anyway why are you doing this?"

Meanwhile Cherubi was speaking with Poochyena "sure sounds great want do you want to play something simple please cause I want to save my strength for the upcoming battle ok."

"Well I just really need to meet more ponies cause I know I'm socially awkward. And this will let me do just that and I just want to leave for a while." D-Pad started to explain "see I still live with my parents but my dad constantly works in 2 week shifts with 2 weeks off so just relaxes when he's home and my mom while caring puts her all in her talent. As for me I never really feel close to them. It's just like they're there and that's it. So everything just started feeling routine so why not have an adventure to spice things up. Don't misunderstand I still care for my family and I know they care I just want some change to want my norm is." D-Pad said to Infinity "Sorry about the info drop but you did ask. Anyway why are you doing this?"

Meanwhile Cherubi was speaking with Poochyena "sure sounds great want do you want to play something simple please cause I want to save my strength for the upcoming battle ok."

Flash overheard some of their conversation and trotted over. "Hey guys, whatcha talking about? Can I join in?" Then after a quick pause, "Hey Ralts, how about you go play with the other Pokemon?"

Ralts moved over to Poocheyena and Cherubi and said. "Hello, can I play with you two?"

@@supersonicfan91

Infinity smiled and said, "Yes. I understand that feeling, and don't feel sorry for answering my question." He looked down at the two and answered, "As a philosopher, I wander the world trying to find questions, that is my purpose. I have lived, read, and learned many things, but it all blends together and ends up feeling the same, especially when you meet ponies only to just leave them after you've learned all you can from them. I came here to share with a companion. To not only learn from it, but to teach it as well. Thats the reason I gave myself," Looking back up at D-Pad, "But really I don't entirely know, only that this is where my heart has brought me."

Poochyena on the other hand crouched, jumping side to side, barking, "(Simple, okay, lets wrestle.)" This pokemon was obviously bristling with energy.

He looked over to the newcomer with wide, open eyes and stepped to the side, allowing space for him to join, "Sure, anypony is welcome. We were just discussing why we decided to take this path." Then down to their pokemon, "They are simply adorable, aren't they." He smiled again.

The poochyena jumped away from the ralts, barking, "Hey, heeeey. Who are youuuuuu."

Edited by Colenso Rivers

D-Pad listened to infinity and saw Flash join them "Well we were talking about why we wanted to become trainers. So feel free to tell your story."

Cherubi on their other hand "(or and this just a suggestion but how about riddles that's fun right)" he said to Poochyena " he turned to Ralts and said "(yes please I don't want to waste my energy befor my battle while he seems to have more than he can hold.)"

He looked over to the newcomer with wide, open eyes and stepped to the side, allowing space for him to join, "Sure, anypony is welcome. We were just discussing why we decided to take this path." Then down to their pokemon, "They are simply adorable, aren't they." He smiled again.

The poochyena jumped away from the ralts, barking, "Hey, heeeey. Who are youuuuuu."

"Well, I decided to become a Pokemon trainer because of a series of events that made up the earlier part of my life. First, when I was very young, my dad left us. Then a few years ago, my mom decided to kick me out so I'm living with my grandparents here in Ponyville. Then I recently heard about becoming a Pokemon trainer, and that sounded like fun. Especially being able to travel around Equestria. So I asked my grandparents and they said yes so here I am today."

@Poocheyena

"My name is Ralts, who are you?"

Edited by DamienBolt8592

@@supersonicfan91,

@,

Infinity winced and said, "Rough. I'm sorry, but now you can leave your troubles behind you. Let me assure you, the world is a wonderful place." Then he said to both, "Hey, so let me ask you, what made you decide which pokemon you chose?" Looking down at the three.

Poochyena answered Ralts with a growl then a sudden chipper bark, "Okay," Then back at the Cherubi, more groaning, "Ugggh, riddles? I guess so..." He suddenly became a lot less excited at the aspect, mostly because he was no good at brain games.

@@supersonicfan91,

@,

Infinity winced and said, "Rough. I'm sorry, but now you can leave your troubles behind you. Let me assure you, the world is a wonderful place." Then he said to both, "Hey, so let me ask you, what made you decide which pokemon you chose?" Looking down at the three.

Poochyena answered Ralts with a growl then a sudden chipper bark, "Okay," Then back at the Cherubi, more groaning, "Ugggh, riddles? I guess so..." He suddenly became a lot less excited at the aspect, mostly because he was no good at brain games.

"Hmm, well, first Ralts can use the horn in its head to sense other's emotions and I thought it would be cool to have a Pokemon that can tell how you feel. And second, I've always envied unicorns because they can lift stuff with magic, so I thought it would be cool to have a Pokemon that could do that."

@Poocheyena

"I've got a riddle, a white pony walks into a stall and comes out later brown."

(OOC: I was inspired to make his backstory like that when listening to this song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zAk41SuFKfM)

Edited by DamienBolt8592

@,

He thought about it for a second before answering, "Yes, I guess that emotional insight could make forming a relationship with Ralts far easier. As for the unicorn statement, dont envy unicorns. We are all ponies, and we all have our own strengths and weaknesses. Individuals make us, not race." Then he looked back over to the pokemon, "They are wonderful, aren't they?"

Poochyena looked quizzically at Ralts for a few seconds before laughing and chattering like a hyena, "Hahehe, Eww Ralts! Thats gross!" He obviously didnt get it, but clearly appreciated it.

Edited by Colenso Rivers

Twilight went to a small podium in the room next to some seats and said "The first battle is about to begin trainers please get in place a discuss your strategy with your Pokemon please and rise your hood when your ready."

D-Pad said "Sounds like it's time. Let's go get ready Cherubi."

"Cher Cher (I'm ready for this)"

"Didn't get a word of that but I take it you're ready" Cherubi nodded his head. As they went to there spot on the field.

Infinity called to Poochyena, which excitedly followed him as he went to the opposite side of the room. When they made it there, Poochyena barking the entire way, he laid so he was eye level with the bouncing fur puff and said, "Okay Poochyena, we are going to have to battle, okay?" The canine immediately perked up, chattering, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!"

Then whispering at him, "Good boy, your too cool. You'll have to battle Cherubi. Okay, so at range, before they reach you, I want you to use a howl, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, Omagosh this is going to be so much fun!"

The unicorn tapped his hoof on the floor twice and gave him one last treat, saying while petting him, "I'll take that as a yes."

Edited by Colenso Rivers

"Looks like they're ready. Are you ready Cherubi?"

"Cher Cher (you bet I am)"

"Ok if both trainers are ready" Twilight said "Get Ready... Set..." But an explosion happened creating a hole in the ceiling and three figures jumped in from the smoke everyone heard

"Prepare for trouble" a mares voice said

"Make it double" said a stallion's voice

"To protect the world from devastation"

"To unite all ponies within our nation"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love"

"To extend our reach to the stars above"

"Jessie"

"James" (O.O.C. I couldn't think of ponified names for them I will take suggestions for it though)

"Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light"

"Surrender now or prepare to fight"

Then a Meowth walked from the smoke and spoke "Meowth that's right." He was followed by and blue maned stallion and a red maned mare both wearing a white shirt with a big red 'R' on it.

D-Pad never heard of them before but he was mad they interrupted his first battle.

Infinity turned, his Poochyena taking on a battle stance until the roof suddenly exploded inwards. He pushed Poochyena behind him with his fore leg defensively, standing between it and the new danger. Poochyena yipped in confusion, "Hey!"

He watched them and realized two things about this "Team Rocket" they were troublemakers, and their dialogue was terrible. So when they said to prepare to fight, he most definitely did. He started by forming two stone walls from the caved in roof rubble. Then attempted to place each wall on either side of this Team Rocket, their only paths leading to a Cherubi and D-pad, and a path to Poochyena and Infinity. A pincer movement, he had confidence in D-pad to hold up his side. He then called, "Poochyena, use howl!" The Poochyena barked compliance, took stance after stepping beside Infinity, and howled, now a primal, violent energy filling his eyes and raising his attack.

Dynamo heard the pairings and nodded his head, signifying that he understood the rules. He then turned and walked towards where Artie was standing. "I guess it's you and me that's going to battle Artie. I didn't think we would get to battle so soon already. I hope I can give you a great first battle and that no matter who wins, it will be a fun battle." Dynamo said while raising his hoof out towards Artie. Just then Team Rocket had shown up before the matches had begun. Dynamo looked up at the two ponies and one Meowth and had a confused look on his face. "Team Rocket? Who in Equestria is that? That name doesn't ring any bells to me." Trapinch got behind Dynamo in fear of what was going on. Dynamo looked down, placed a hoof upon Trapinch's head and gave a reassuring smile. "Don't worry Trapinch, everything will be okay. I'm not going to let anything happen to you. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad

"Prepare for trouble" a mares voice said "Make it double" said a stallion's voice "To protect the world from devastation" "To unite all ponies within our nation" "To denounce the evils of truth and love" "To extend our reach to the stars above" "Jessie" "James" (O.O.C. I couldn't think of ponified names for them I will take suggestions for it though) "Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light" "Surrender now or prepare to fight" Then a Meowth walked from the smoke and spoke "Meowth that's right." He was followed by and blue maned stallion and a red maned mare both wearing a white shirt with a big red 'R' on it.
"Did that seriously have to happen? You couldn't wait until after what we were doing to break the ceiling to recite bad poetry?" Artie said, he then realised they were here to fight. "Well then" he said pulling Totodile off of his back "Totodile, are you ready for this?" He asked Totodile, Totodile responded with a shure-sounding grunt. "Okay, let's do this!" Artie shouted, taking a ready stance

"Looks like they're ready. Are you ready Cherubi?"

"Cher Cher (you bet I am)"

"Ok if both trainers are ready" Twilight said "Get Ready... Set..." But an explosion happened creating a hole in the ceiling and three figures jumped in from the smoke everyone heard

"Prepare for trouble" a mares voice said

"Make it double" said a stallion's voice

"To protect the world from devastation"

"To unite all ponies within our nation"

"To denounce the evils of truth and love"

"To extend our reach to the stars above"

"Jessie"

"James" (O.O.C. I couldn't think of ponified names for them I will take suggestions for it though)

"Team Rocket blast off at the speed of light"

"Surrender now or prepare to fight"

Then a Meowth walked from the smoke and spoke "Meowth that's right." He was followed by and blue maned stallion and a red maned mare both wearing a white shirt with a big red 'R' on it.

D-Pad never heard of them before but he was mad they interrupted his first battle.

"Seriously? Are you weirdos for real?" Said Flash. "Well, if you want us to prepare for trouble, then you'd better do the same. Ralts, are you ready for a fight buddy?"

Ralts then responded with, 'Ra Ra Ralts!' (You bet I am!).

"I'll take that as a yes, THEN LETS DO THIS THING!!!"