Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi, everypony!

Poly Lingua

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Pinkie Pie

How did you find MLP Forums?: I found MLP Forums through the magical and omniscient super-pony known as "Google".

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: I originally came across MLP in high school, because I enjoyed listening to the music from the show in all the different language dubs. Eventually I watched the first season in Polish, but then I took a small hiatus as my life got a bit hectic with college and everything. A couple months ago, however, I finally started watching season two in my native language and its original (best) dub, English. I'm now in the middle of season five, and this show has certainly proved to be one of the most amazing things in my life.

Where to begin... Well, I'm a unicorn and you can call me by my pony name, Poly Lingua, or "Poly" for short. I love learning in general, reading, writing, and of course MLP. My most notable trait, however, would be my affinity for languages and linguistics. I'm a bit of a polyglot (despite being 100% introverted and lacking the confidence/energy to put the languages I know to real use outside of personal conlanging and knowledge acquisition), my best languages being English, Korean, Japanese, Polish, Mandarin, and Russian. I also have studied many other languages here and there including Mongolian, Turkish, Kazakh, Finnish, etc. My favourite language, however, would be either Japanese or English. I really enjoy music too; my main instrument is the contrabass, but I can also play the violin, cello, viola, guitar, bass guitar, and a bit of piano (hence, my favourite pony is Octavia :) ). For those who know Myer-Briggs, I'm an INTP. Sometimes I can be very 'robot-ish' and 'vulcan-like' similar to Sherlock Hooves; I swear my brain never shuts down trying to analyse everything, and I can sometimes be so callous and not realise it... :P I tend to be vary lazy/apathetic when it comes to people, thus, I may forget to reply to someone's message for weeks or even months (it's nothing personal), heheh.

Anyways, I joined these forums with the hopes of engaging in random discussion over MLP: FiM. However, I'm not the best when it comes to forums; I sometimes get a bit overwhelmed, I can get really persnickety over the quality of my posts (lots of times I never end up posting them), and I guess I'm just nervous, especially if I have to maintain anything with expected consistency. :P Does anypony have any advice for the world of forums?

• Brohoof 4

Hello there Poly Lingua, welcome to the herd and welcome to our wonderful forums.
I hope you have a really great time here and make plenty of new pony friends.
There is lots to do, and lots to see, so please feel free to trot around and have a look

If you need any help with the site just ask anypony or have a look in the Site Questions & Tech Support section

Ohh and don't forget to have a quick look at the rules to.
o1aK4jd.png

• Brohoof 3

Welcome to MLPFourms!

dw2JxtB.png

If you have any questions about the site and it's features, or experience any technical issues, feel free to post them in our Site Questions & Tech Support forum!
Every Friday night, a bunch of us hang out right over on Equestria.TV and watch movies! You can vote on what movies right here on the forums!
Then, every Saturday, we gather in the CMC Clubhouse to watch the new MLP:FiM episode air!
And, of course, we would love to hear your Feedback & Suggestions for the community!

• Brohoof 2

Hey there Poly, its nice to meet you! My name is Kenshiro. Welcome to forums. I see you are interested on many languages. If you wish; we can work on "Türkçe" ;) See you around'''

• Brohoof 3

Hi Poly! Thems is some serious accomplishments! You'll find this is a great place to get together with the pony community. Lots of folks here with a vast range of interests and expertise. 

Oh, and I know what you mean about being concerned over the quality of your posts, I always used to be the same way. I'm a little looser now and it's great. I post a lot and talk a lot so I've gotten out of the habit of really scrutinizing my posts. As long as the point comes across that's all that matters!  :squee:

Aside from that, no real advice. Just have a look around and see what you like. You'll find lots to talk about here!  ;)

• Brohoof 3

sig-4501351.sig-4498745.sig-4493311.sig-

Poly Welcome to the MLP Forums! This is a great community and I hope you'll enjoy your time here. If you need help or just want to chat, feel free to PM me.   :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 3