Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something That Has Me Confused...

RealLifeSpike

In Season One, Rarity Makes The Mane 6 A Dress For The Grand Galloping Gala, But I Could Have Sworn I Saw Them Wearing Those Dresses A Few Episodes Before The Gala. Can Someone Confirm Or Deny This For Me?

post-3955-0-25368300-1335876277_thumb.gif

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

They were in Suited for Success as well, the episode where Rarity makes the dresses for their own little fashion show.

That's the only episode they were in bar the Gala episode I think. I think Rarity gives Fluttershy her Gala dress to wear in Green Isn't Your Color as well.

Edit: The dress in Green Isn't Your Color isn't the same, similar colors though.

Edited by GJB93
  • Brohoof 2

They whole point of Suited for Success was to make the gala dresses. Rewatch the episode, they discuss what they're going to wear for said Gala, hence that's the episode where she makes their gala dresses.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In Season One, Rarity Makes The Mane 6 A Dress For The Grand Galloping Gala, But I Could Have Sworn I Saw Them Wearing Those Dresses A Few Episodes Before The Gala. Can Someone Confirm Or Deny This For Me?

There was a scene in one of the episodes that is neither "Suited For Success" nor "The Best Night Ever" where Fluttershy has some of them on a clothes rack in her cottage and at least Pinkie Pie's dress is amongst them. Allow me a little bit to dredge up the episode and time.

*EDIT* It's episode 22 "A Bird In The Hoof" during the opening scene at about a minute in. Fluttershy starts to rummage through clothes to wear to the brunch. Also Rarity is wearing her gala dress to the event as can be seen at roughly 4:10. I hope this answers your question. :)

Edited by Leatherneck
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
(edited)

Consider it confirmed! :)

After some research I can tell you that they were never seen before the Gala except for in Suited for Success.

They whole point of Suited for Success was to make the gala dresses. Rewatch the episode, they discuss what they're going to wear for said Gala, hence that's the episode where she makes their gala dresses.

I write this as an append to my previous post. The first appearance of any of the gala dresses is in episode 10 "Swarm of the Century". Three of them are in the background of the scene where Rarity runs back to Carousel Boutique to try to stop the parasprites from eating her dresses. Looking closely at it, they appear to be Pinkie's, Fluttershy's, and Twilight's dresses and it should be noted that Twilight's doesn't look completed.

*EDIT* You can see them here in the background just as Rarity bursts through the door.

Edited by Leatherneck
  • Brohoof 2

I was going to say Suited for Success, but it appears everyone else has already beat me to it, oh well.

And Leatherneck, how did you notice that?!

Admittedly they don't look the same, but there are similarities, well done Leatherneck. :)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I was going to say Suited for Success, but it appears everyone else has already beat me to it, oh well.

And Leatherneck, how did you notice that?!

Admittedly they don't look the same, but there are similarities, well done Leatherneck. :)

I have an eye for details like this and I thank you for the compliment. As for specifics, I tried to think of what scenes might involve the dresses being in sight. Seeing that they would likely be seen in one of two places(being Carousel Boutique or Fluttershy's cottage), I tried to think to myself what episodes before "Suited For Success" showed the interior of either location. After I did that, it was only a matter of time searching through individual episodes. :) Edited by Leatherneck
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

The episodes did not air in chronological order but IMO Swarm of the Century was in July, year 1.  Suited for Success & the Gala were probably in November year 1 (Gala on November 21).  Only thing I can think of  is that being pushed for time, Rarity recycled some destroyed designs.

Because otherwise it would be a continuity error & that is clearly impossible.