Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Found something interesting.

AmateurFish07

(edited)

Quite recently I came across a thread stating how the 3 villains that have come on the show so far represent 3 of the 7 deadly sins,

That is:

Nightmare Moon - Envy,

Discord - Pride (arguable)

Queen Chrysalis - Lust (also arguable)

I looked up the 7 deadly sins on Wikipedia (love you Wiki :wub: ) to read more about them.

Near the bottom of the page I found the seven virtues which correspond with the deadly sins.

__________Vice____________________Latin____________________Virtue____________________Latin__________

....................Lust........................................Luxuria....................................Chastity.....................................Castitas..............

....................Gluttony.................................Gula........................................Temperance..............................Temperantia........

....................Greed....................................Avaritia.....................................Charity......................................Caritas.................

....................Sloth......................................Acedia......................................Diligence..................................Industria..............

....................Wrath....................................Ira.............................................Patience...................................Patientia..............

....................Envy......................................Invidia.......................................Kindness..................................Humanitas...........

....................Pride.....................................Superbia...................................Humility.....................................Humilitas..............

On this chart you see the sins and their opposites and some may even be recognized from the Discord episodes where he turned each personality into the opposite.

Diligence - meaning hard working, opposite of sloth - Applejack, although she was turned into a liar in the episodes.

Kindness - Fluttershy - turned into Flutterbitch.

Charity - Rarity - Opposite of greed

What I'm saying here might make no sense at all or be COMPLETELY wrong

But please share any ideas, arguments or feedback :3

More information on the deadly sins can be found here:

http://en.wikipedia....ven_deadly_sins

and the seven virtues:

http://en.wikipedia....i/Seven_virtues

Preview! Y U NO look like finished post!? ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

Edited by AmateurFish07
  • Brohoof 1

I think it's all just a coincidence of picturing good and evil.

Good and bad things can only have a few different definitions. So since you have our protagonists, which are supposed to be good, you'll be able to connect that to other definitions and it's something alike with the antagonists, which are supposed to be bad.

(edited)

It's fits some, but not all, so I'd say coincidence.

For example, you can't really fit Pinkie Pie under any

Pinkie Pie is best set for Patience, being able to stay calm or happy in negative situations? I know its coincidense, but this is fun to talk about :D

Edited by AmateurFish07

Pinkie Pie is best set for Patience, being able to stay calm or happy in negative situations? I know its coincidense, but this is fun to talk about :D

lmao

I don't know, Pinkie is the last pony I'll tell to wait, but whatever floats your boat.

I think Pinkie could also fit under Chastity. She views the world from the view of innocence where everything is a positive experience even if the situation is bad(i.e. anytime she is confronted with fear or trouble she almost always sees it in a positive way. except that one episode...).

I'd see them more as Knights of the Apocalypse, if I had to put a whole byblical reference to it (Wich I'd rather NOT)

Chrysalis: War

She starts a war with Celestia and the whole of Equestria.

Nightmare Moon:Fury

She turns into a demon out of envy and anger.

Discord: Strife

It is literally a sinonym of 'Discord'.

Of course, the original four were Pestilence, Famine, War and Death, but they all went through a lot of changes, the only ones who never really change are War and Death.

I was thinking about this a while ago myself.

Pinkie Pie = Lust (lust for life) and Gluttony (she's forever gorging herself on sweets).

Rainbow Dash = Pride and Envy (when the new super hero comes along, or anyone steals her spotlight, she gets REALLY jealous)

Luna = Wrath (also Envy, as she was extremely jealous of Celestia, which drove her to extreme anger).

I don't know about Greed or Sloth. No lazy or greedy ponies come to mind.

Well I just got Pestilence is Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare. And pestilence is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse which is kinda similar to the seven sins.

Nahhh, I just wanted to gloat about ma horse :3

Basically they have human flaws and virtues which make them more relatable, thus increasing development potential. See this is why earlier Gens. are often disliked, because those characters were often portrayed as flawless.

Pride/Humility- Applejack Greed/Generosity- Rarity Gluttony/Temperance- Pinkie Pie

Envy/Love- Twilight Wrath/Kindness- Fluttershy Sloth/Zeal- Rainbow Dash

Lust/Self Sontrol- All (Kind Of)