Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Despair at Sea: A Danganronpa style roleplay

Midnight Starfall

(edited)

Despair at Sea: A Danganronpa style roleplay.

A class of 16 students, freshman to Hope's Peak Academy, step into their new school with hope. Then, everything goes blank.
The students end up at the bottom deck of the cruise ship, unaware of what's actually happening.

I've been obsessed with Danganronpa lately, and it seemed like a fun idea to try and create a Danganronpa roleplay! Of course, every roleplay has its rules.

Rules:
1) No godmodding. This is a standard roleplay rule.
2) Each murder has to be fair and agreed upon by both parties in the OOC section. Remember to think about the different pieces of evidence left. If possible, a picture or description of the crime scene in the OOC will help everyone out.
3) Try not to be too gory. Keep it PG-13.
4) Your character cannot have the same Ultimate or SHSL as a character in the games.

That's about it! As for characters, I need 8 girls and 8 guys to make a total of 16 students. I also need a Monokuma.
Feel free to also help out with backstory and a setting map. This is just a spur of the moment idea I came up with and needs more fleshing out. ^_^ Monokuma will also be in charge of judging all class trials. In addition, when we have most of the slots filled up, we will need to determine the spy or the traitor in OOC. Of course, we won't know IC who the spy is. Another note: This is a pony RP. I also expect this to be a long roleplay.

Application:

Pony Name:

Personality (or character page link):

Ultimate:

My application

Pony Name: Skyla Starfall

Personality: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/skyla-midnight-starfall-r6695

Ultimate: Ultimate Astronomer

Mares:

1. Skyla Starfall, the Ultimate Astronomer

2. Azure, the Ultimate Celestial Navigator

Stallions:

1. Copper Strikes, the Ultimate Super Pony

Monokuma:

Edited by Midnight Starfall
  • Brohoof 3

This looks like a ton of fun, and I wish I could join, but I know myself too well; I wouldn't be able to keep up. I really hope you get enough people to get this going. I absolutely adore Danganronpa, and can't wait for the third game to come out. Good luck!

• Brohoof 2

This looks like a ton of fun, and I wish I could join, but I know myself too well; I wouldn't be able to keep up. I really hope you get enough people to get this going. I absolutely adore Danganronpa, and can't wait for the third game to come out. Good luck!

Thank you so much for your support! :squee: I'll be honest, I'm a little worried I won't get enough people.

Name: Copper Strikes

Bio: https://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/copper-strikes-r9599

Ultimate: Ultimate Super Pony

Accepted!

:yay:

Now I'll be honest, I haven't even heard of Danganaropa.  So I need some more insight as to what it is.

Okay! Danganronpa is a video game series/anime. It's about 16 students trapped in a high school. They're forced to murder each other to try and get out. They can only get out if they get away with their crime. A class trial occurs after every killing, where the students debate to determine who did it.  There's a lot more to the game, but these are the basics.

(edited)

Hmmm. This has gotten my attention. But how does it work? Are you implying that a maximum of 8 out of 16 will leave the school successfully?

Before I submit my form, I must ask. What's the ultimate? A skill that can be used when necessary?

Edited by AzureNightLight

Hmmm. This has gotten my attention. But how does it work? Are you implying that a maximum of 8 out of 16 will leave the school successful?

Before I submit my form, I must ask. What's the ultimate? A skill that can be used when necessary?

The roleplay will start off with Slice of Life, where everyone will interact with each other and get to know each other. After a few RP days, one pony has to kill another. Then, a class trial happens to figure out who killed who. Then it starts all over. I'm planning on 6-8 ponies surviving and leaving.

The ultimate is basically the one thing the pony is good at. They're the best of the best when it comes to that skill. It can be anything. Some examples: Ultimate Digital Artist, Ultimate Gamer, etc. You can just make the Ultimate the talent based on your character's cutie mark.

@@Midnight Starfall

I thought astronomy as a skill that was UNIQUE and this is the second roleplay out of three I've participated in where it has been utilised. Oh well.

Pony Name: Azure
Race: Unicorn
Personality:
  • She is an introvert.
  • She is private and reserved.
  • She is patient.
  • She is idealistic... but sometimes too idealistic.
  • She does not take criticism well and usually takes them personally.
  • (Had to leave one out due to the nature of this roleplay; She hates the conflict between others.)
Ultimate: Celestial Navigation (and navigation, astronomy and stellar cartography as a result.)

Spells:
  • Zoom-And-Enhance Spell (Zoom-And-Enhance your vision. Usually used when her telescope is misplaced. Lasts for a minute and will feel drained afterwards.
  • Levitation (You know what this is.)
  • Precision Levitation (For calibrating her instruments.)
  • The Dead Ringer (This is a a mechanic I basically stole from some other game. Hats off to you if you recognise what this is. It is a spell which can be toggled on or off at any time easily. When active, any physical blows to the body will be blocked only once. Any force applied will still apply. She will turn invisible and a doppleganger of herself will drop to the floor, creating the illusion that she was knocked unconscious or dead. She is free to move about and can become visible at will. This spell will drain user for a day.
  • Draining is when the user is unable to perform any magic spells due to overloading. Physical abilities will be hindered as well but not as much.
Other:
  • She knows self defence.

The Dead Ringer in Action (For reference)

A pony sneaks up behind Azure and she notices. However, she doesn't move. She toggles on the dead ringer. The pony bats her head into the table with a baseball bat. She is now invisible, on top of her own doppleganger and a broken table. She quickly rolls out of the way to prevent the pony from accidentally touching her. While he's inspecting the 'corpse', Azure is up and ready for action.

PM me if there are any issues. :P