Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Needing help with a mlp plushie

AstroNova

Hi guys (I didn't know where to post this.)
Anyways, I have a Vinyl Scratch plush which is by Hasbro. The problem is, is that after throwing her in the washer a couple times, she's lost her fluff. I do cuddle with her every night so every month or so, I'll throw her in the washer. She now has no firmness in her joints. Her neck is lose and her arm joints are lose as well.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it! :)

Hi guys (I didn't know where to post this.)

Anyways, I have a Vinyl Scratch plush which is by Hasbro. The problem is, is that after throwing her in the washer a couple times, she's lost her fluff. I do cuddle with her every night so every month or so, I'll throw her in the washer. She now has no firmness in her joints. Her neck is lose and her arm joints are lose as well.

If anyone has any advice, I'd appreciate it! :)

if your skilled with a needle and thread then just buy some plushie filling at any craft store or online and try to do some surgery on it and then most likley your gonna have to remove all the stuffing and then add your own and then once its filled you sew ti back up. it would be best if your gonna do ti your own to cut the body of vinyl. 

If your not good at sewing or you dont know anyone who is then best ebt is to look online places like etsy have some nice looking plushes. hope this helps and you can have your vinyl back

If you get SUPER desperate, you could relay the skin over a vinyl (no pun intended) figure. They have a softness to them, then if you need to clean it, you can just slip the skin off and wash it, whilst the figure is on display.

But seriously, this is like a last resort thing.

The best way to recondition your Vinyl plushie is to buy new stuffing and replace her old stuffing. Polyester filling tends to clump together when wet and repeated cycles of washing may cause the stuffing to collect inconsistently inside causing spots of weakness.

I don't exactly want to ruin it or anything. :P

I feel like cutting her open would cause some sort of structure instability. 

just saying...(*obscenities*...home ecc)

find a fiber that is "washable"...

look ALL over her, you should see a difference in the seams at some point... that's where she was originally filled.

if you cant find the spot, look for an area where you can get access without cutting lots of threads...

get a "seam ripper" and go in like a DR. cool, calm, and most of all patiently!

after you get "the right number of threads" cut (its hard to tell, its different with each product)

remove, refill, and stich back together... I don't remember the name of the stich but you want to:

go from the inside out with the needle, and then repeat with about half cm deviation from previous stich.

I personally go over it more than once, more stiches hold better... just don't over do it, your cuddles may not be as good if you do...

btw home ecc was back in middle school, so if I am wrong in any way... chalk it up to age.

just saying...(*obscenities*...home ecc)

find a fiber that is "washable"...

look ALL over her, you should see a difference in the seams at some point... that's where she was originally filled.

if you cant find the spot, look for an area where you can get access without cutting lots of threads...

get a "seam ripper" and go in like a DR. cool, calm, and most of all patiently!

after you get "the right number of threads" cut (its hard to tell, its different with each product)

remove, refill, and stich back together... I don't remember the name of the stich but you want to:

go from the inside out with the needle, and then repeat with about half cm deviation from previous stich.

I personally go over it more than once, more stiches hold better... just don't over do it, your cuddles may not be as good if you do...

btw home ecc was back in middle school, so if I am wrong in any way... chalk it up to age.

Alrighty. Btw, what's a DR? I'm guessing it means doctor. :P 

• Brohoof 1

Alrighty. Btw, what's a DR? I'm guessing it means doctor. :P

ya, and its better if you get a "nurse" to hand you what you need to do the work, and hold the light...lol

also, i forgot to say, usualy the "fill seams" are also where they put the tags... but not always.

Edited by GaryTheGray85

its hard to say, but when you DO cut into her, try to reinforce the areas around the cut... just place 5 or more stiches in the same place, top of the oppening and bottom, that should keep her from reopening her "stiches"...

Alrighty. I've had this one for a couple years so the last thing I want to do is ruin her. :P 

• Brohoof 1