Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Couple Questions About Spike

OmegaBeamOfficial

Now if Spike is useless or not, that's not what i wanna discuss here. :P

The thing with spike is that Spike is just too young to be with Rarity and that he is just a dragon. Yes, i don't know what kind of concepts Equestria has, when it comes to age, species or what not. But we have to consider one thing. This show needs to take an example, meaning that it's also a show about morals, which are based on our daily lifes. So Spike dating a different species, that is way older then him, seems very odd for children and believe me, i hate to be THAT GUY, who makes a big fuss about Morals. But in this case, this is just a bit too much for me.

Besides, i think the writers never  considered this to be ever a big thing. I would rather think that he will go out with Ember now. :P

I dunno, I think there's something that could be done here. Like I've said before, I think there'd be great opportunity for a Spike and Rarity episode where Spike confesses his feelings to Rarity, now of course they don't have to get together in the end of it, I'm totally fine if they don't, but I imagine the confession would cause dispute between the two, but in the end the moral of the episode could be that It's OK for different types of people to get together, no matter their race, age or origin. That's an untouched area I think MLP needs to visit, and the whole Spike and Rarity thing could be perfect for that.

Yeah, sorry, I stopped reading after I saw "The Crystalling". Season 6 spoilrs, I don't wanna risk it. Sorry, but I'm sure whatever points you made were valid, and maybe I'll come back and read this once I've watched.

Yeah, his points were all about season 6 episodes, but they were definitely valid points.

• Brohoof 1

I dunno, I think there's something that could be done here. Like I've said before, I think there'd be great opportunity for a Spike and Rarity episode where Spike confesses his feelings to Rarity, now of course they don't have to get together in the end of it, I'm totally fine if they don't, but I imagine the confession would cause dispute between the two, but in the end the moral of the episode could be that It's OK for different types of people to get together, no matter their race, age or origin. That's an untouched area I think MLP needs to visit, and the whole Spike and Rarity thing could be perfect for that.

I personally don't feel comfortable with that. If you want this subject so bad, then how about a pony falls in loves with Zecora.

Again, the age thing goes too much into foalcon territory.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I personally don't feel comfortable with that. If you want this subject so bad, then how about a pony falls in loves with Zecora.

Again, the age thing goes too much into foalcon territory.

What's a foalcon? XD But I don't know, I'd really prefer a crush situation that's already been established earlier in the show, and the Spike and Rarity is the only one that comes to mind. Every other set of characters where one loves the other or they both love each other are either already going out or are married.

Edited by OmegaBeamOfficial

What's a foalcon? XD But I don't know, I'd really prefer a crush situation that's already been established earlier in the show, and the Spike and Rarity is the only one that comes to mind. Every other set of characters where one loves the other or they both love each other are either already going out or are married.

I don't wanna say it here, otherwise i get in trouble. :P

At this point though, the boat has sunk. Meghan Mccarthy and BigJim already confirmed, that this is pretty much nothing.

full.png

• Brohoof 1

1. Spike is not useless. I think that's plain to see, I don't need to say more.

2. Spike and Rarity will never actually become a thing. The age difference is of course a big reason, but it would just be awkward all around and weird. If the show was going to make it canon I think they would of already anyways.

I see nothing wrong with a Dragon and Pony relationship, however, Spike and Rarity just shouldn't, and I assume won't, be a thing.

• Brohoof 2

2. Spike and Rarity will never actually become a thing. The age difference is of course a big reason, but it would just be awkward all around and weird. If the show was going to make it canon I think they would of already anyways.

I see nothing wrong with a Dragon and Pony relationship, however, Spike and Rarity just shouldn't, and I assume won't, be a thing.

Fair enough, I think differently, but I get why some people think it would be awkward.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest I'd rather see Spike and Ember become a couple, but eh.

• Brohoof 2

2. I do not like Spike and Rarity and I do not think fiction should not include separate species romances because it raises uncomftable issues with how these couples could function in practice. Often people compare these kind of things for what seems similar in real life which interracial marriage but interspecies thing is ultimately not the same. Pegasus/unicorn relationship would be equilevent of people of different races getting together and even then there is much more differences than with different looking humans. And in this case there is too much age difference as well. I think the thing was meant originally to just showcase how pretty Rarity is supposed to be with Spike's reaction to her, at least I recall reading it somewhere. I do not think it is meant to be going anywhere.

• Brohoof 1

They used magic! ;) Snort snort!

Reply of the year! Golden X Award!

2. I do not like Spike and Rarity and I do not think fiction should not include separate species romances because it raises uncomftable issues with how these couples could function in practice. Often people compare these kind of things for what seems similar in real life which interracial marriage but interspecies thing is ultimately not the same. Pegasus/unicorn relationship would be equilevent of people of different races getting together and even then there is much more differences than with different looking humans. And in this case there is too much age difference as well. I think the thing was meant originally to just showcase how pretty Rarity is supposed to be with Spike's reaction to her, at least I recall reading it somewhere. I do not think it is meant to be going anywhere.

Fair enough. I personally like the ship but I get where you're coming from. However, I don't really see how interspecies and interracial relationships aren't the same thing. I mean, yeah, they aren't the same in the real world, but relationships work differently in Equestria.

• Brohoof 1