Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spoilers: Legend of everfree book discussion. (THIS MEANS HEAVY SPOILERS, DUH)

Unlikeable Pony

Still better than them being power batteries :P

Sigh. I’ll take what I can get. Still not very hyped about those powers. Sure, they are logical and in tune with the characters, but they’re just so bland. Maybe it’s just me. I am a Rarity when it comes to magic.

But on the rita repulsa bit, I actually wouldn't be surprised if they introduced some overarching villain for the series in the next movie.

I don’t think our glorious writers can manage Rita Repulsa. A villain like that needs to be evil yet funny, powerful yet not insanely overpowered, memorable yet not overly complicated. The closest one we got is Chrysalis, but she can’t make monsters grow, and dealing with changelings all the time would get boring. There's also the question of Equestrian exclusivity.

Hoping there's more ponying up in the next movie, as they seem to never turn into horsegirls except at the end when they get their gemstones.

I’m just hoping they’ll get better hero outfits ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I’m just hoping they’ll get better hero outfits ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hey, gotta sell new toys SOMEHOW, and what better way than new magical girl outfits :P

Though, I SAY that, but given that The minis are the actual toys that hasbro is pushing/caring about now, and they're far away from LOE, let alone EQG 5, it makes me wonder :P

It is incredibly strange though: the finale for this season will end without any toy plug either, since starlight's not exactly rocking a ton of toys.

Sigh. I’ll take what I can get. Still not very hyped about those powers. Sure, they are logical and in tune with the characters, but they’re just so bland. Maybe it’s just me. I am a Rarity when it comes to magic.

I'm hoping for a tune up next movie to make their powers more interesting; I actually like rarity's ability since it could concievably be used like her Radiance power with more stylized constructs (its basically the same thing except shield focused), but I would like some secondary abilities to be given to the others as well (like maybe a golden lasso for AJ... that is totally not in any way related to wonderwoman's lasso :P), and more weather/flight based stuff for RD.

I don’t think our glorious writers can manage Rita Repulsa. A villain like that needs to be evil yet funny, powerful yet not insanely overpowered, memorable yet not overly complicated. The closest one we got is Chrysalis, but she can’t make monsters grow, and dealing with changelings all the time would get boring. There's also the question of Equestrian exclusivity.

Nightmare moon honestly would be a pretty good villain if Luna wasn't so integral to the show as a good guy, since she was pretty hammy in the S5 finale, and she'd have the night guard and other servants to use.

Of course, that would be equestrian exclusive as well :P

Hey, gotta sell new toys SOMEHOW, and what better way than new magical girl outfits :P

Though, I SAY that, but given that The minis are the actual toys that hasbro is pushing/caring about now, and they're far away from LOE, let alone EQG 5, it makes me wonder :P

It is incredibly strange though: the finale for this season will end without any toy plug either, since starlight's not exactly rocking a ton of toys.

Since spoilers work like warding spells against most Bronies, I suppose we can discuss the bigger picture here without causing much inconvenience.

My crackpot theory is that H-Bro is going to transition out of FIM. This shitty finale that can’t even be used to promote new Mane 6 toys further fuels my suspicion that they are pouring their efforts into movie-related merchandise and don’t really care what happens in FIM as long as it doesn’t clash with the movie. That leaves Haber and his pack free to fling their shit around nearly unimpeded. Moreover, H-Bro is concentrating on younger EQG and GoH that can be further adapted to compete with the other evolving franchises.

GoH is just toys they say. There’s nothing more to it they say. Well, they’re right, in a way. What they conveniently leave out is the fact that everything about MLP is just toys. GoH is likely just the umbrella name for all the experimental components of this new action-oriented approach. I wouldn’t be surprised if even EQG becomes associated with it now that the protagonists have all been hero’d up.

As for the minis: H-Bro is a big, lumbering dinosaur that does everything at its own pace. This was only the first batch on the very verge of this transition. Give them time.

I found this book pretty boring, I feel there is too much time spent on saving the camp which ultimately amounts to nothing, I feel Equestria Girls would work way better if it focused on a straightforward like Rainbow Rocks did.

I found this book pretty boring, I feel there is too much time spent on saving the camp which ultimately amounts to nothing, I feel Equestria Girls would work way better if it focused on a straightforward like Rainbow Rocks did.

It WOULD be refreshing to have a straight forward equestrian villain like the dazzlings again; heck, that comes off almost as a bait and switch as the trailers for the movie played it up that Gaia was another equestrian exile.

That's kind of why this movie feels like a "starter villain" episode for the six acting as magical girls (Now that they have fairly codified powers and power sources), since the villain isn't an actual purpose driven one but just kind of a Natural disaster kind of thing.

I'm hoping the next movie has someone who's NOT just randomly driven insane and is acting as an antagonist and villain from the getgo.

Since spoilers work like warding spells against most Bronies, I suppose we can discuss the bigger picture here without causing much inconvenience.

My crackpot theory is that H-Bro is going to transition out of FIM. This shitty finale that can’t even be used to promote new Mane 6 toys further fuels my suspicion that they are pouring their efforts into movie-related merchandise and don’t really care what happens in FIM as long as it doesn’t clash with the movie. That leaves Haber and his pack free to fling their shit around nearly unimpeded. Moreover, H-Bro is concentrating on younger EQG and GoH that can be further adapted to compete with the other evolving franchises.

GoH is just toys they say. There’s nothing more to it they say. Well, they’re right, in a way. What they conveniently leave out is the fact that everything about MLP is just toys. GoH is likely just the umbrella name for all the experimental components of this new action-oriented approach. I wouldn’t be surprised if even EQG becomes associated with it now that the protagonists have all been hero’d up.

As for the minis: H-Bro is a big, lumbering dinosaur that does everything at its own pace. This was only the first batch on the very verge of this transition. Give them time.

I don't know man, I don't think they're about to give up on FIM; I just think that they're in a "Filler mode" right now due to the movie and not wanting to upset the status quo any before the movie comes out (since they can't adjust the movie's in universe canon easily since work on the movie was started over 2 years ago).

So S6 is kind of just spinning its wheels, but they'll probably go right back to advancing stuff as soon as the movie comes out next year; Heck, I get the feeling that Haber's position is kind of the same and he's just a "Stop gap" Head writer and we'll get another person who's more affilliated with ponies in his stead after this season-- I heard that he's got a job lined up doing non-pony work as well, and I don't see him doing that AND being a head writer at the same time simply due to workload.

Did you ever see the rumoured plot for LoE Unlikeable Pony? In that one Gloriosa was a forest spirit who enlisted the help of the Equestria Girls to save the forest from Mirror!Sunset Shimmer who was trying to harness the power of the forest's magic with the help of her army of robots.

I don't know man, I don't think they're about to give up on FIM; I just think that they're in a "Filler mode" right now due to the movie and not wanting to upset the status quo any before the movie comes out (since they can't adjust the movie's in universe canon easily since work on the movie was started over 2 years ago).

So S6 is kind of just spinning its wheels, but they'll probably go right back to advancing stuff as soon as the movie comes out next year; Heck, I get the feeling that Haber's position is kind of the same and he's just a "Stop gap" Head writer and we'll get another person who's more affilliated with ponies in his stead after this season-- I heard that he's got a job lined up doing non-pony work as well, and I don't see him doing that AND being a head writer at the same time simply due to workload.

It’s a crackpot theory after all.

This whole season does seem like a stop gap that is here only to market swan boats and Flurry Heart’s creepy face, and I think it's allowed to be this way because the movie is the transition, same as Everfree is for EQG. It’s not the OMG G5 kinda thing, but more subtle. They’re not giving up on FIM per se. They’re just bringing out a big patch, and I’m confident that friendship rainbow lasers shall remain unnerfed. All things considered, this season should not have any further commercial value unless they’re about to bring out that fabled Fake Mane 6 Glimmer GoH toy bonanza I’ve been hearing about.

Did you ever see the rumoured plot for LoE Unlikeable Pony? In that one Gloriosa was a forest spirit who enlisted the help of the Equestria Girls to save the forest from Mirror!Sunset Shimmer who was trying to harness the power of the forest's magic with the help of her army of robots.

Yes, it got spammed in pretty much EVERY single LOE thread.

I hated it, because it was so obviously fake, and it, as far as I could tell, was just one person posting the theory over and over again.

Its like the "Ace thruster" fake plot for EQG 5 that keeps being spammed, fake as hell.

Well, guess I was wrong; the toys were incorrect. Sunset does not get crystal wings.

1246066__safe_twilight+sparkle_rainbow+d

Sunset talked flash out of wanting to date Twilight, and then flash immediately tried to hook back up with sunset; she didn't really connect much, though its a decent hint at shipping IMO.

sig-4659521.large.png

I, personally, do not think that FlashShimmer will be a thing.

Sunset did not seem interested in the book and I also believe that that will not be any different in the movie. (Not to mention that Sunset already admitted that she does not have and never had any feelings for Flash in Rainbow Rocks.)

But I would like to see Flash becoming friends with the Rainbooms. 

Edited by Fluidty