Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc A Long Journey (OOC 1x1 between C. Thunder Dash and Raven Rawne

Courageous Thunder Dash

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@@C. Thunder Dash,

So my toon spends Winter in Tall Tale, but, other than that, can be found in any place really. Aside from big cities maybe.

Hmm, maybe she would start in Appleloosa, in early Summer. Just sold some of her goods and bought more bolts from the blacksmith, spend a few days in the Hotel, send a letter to her parents, and thinks where to go now.

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Still can't fanthom how he won't just drop her, since she's basically walking with a heavy wagon and he's got a car, but whatever. I'll set up the IC thread.

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Link to IC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/163861-a-long-journey-ooc-1x1-between-c-thunder-dash-and-raven-rawne/

I started broadly to give you a wide range of options on how to start.

@@C. Thunder Dash,

I'm thinking how to keep the rp flowing. Natural lives a slow life,  and she would pick the herbs for several days, then come to Hollow Shades to check for jobs while they dry in her wagon, and unless something pops up, she'd go to someplace far away from there to sell the herbs, like Ponyville for example,  since Hollow has them right under their noses.

@@C. Thunder Dash

They can always part ways and meet in agreed location some time later.  Natural has her own life and finances to attend to, and fast forwarding allows for that. Also, it would be weird if I made her a gearhead after just one ride and she's not a big city type. So an off road race near a major town could be better for her to attend.

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Then apparently you misjudged her character. She hinted, heavily, that cost effectiveness and ease of repair are paramount to her. And besides, how would you feel when someone just came in and said your stuff is junk and they will make it this and that and it will be great (again)? Of course she had a knee-jerk reaction to it. Plus, she has the attitude by the merit of how many obstacles she overcame on her own, with her current gear.

Besides, it's not like they can't part ways, maybe a bit upset at each other, and meet up later in a previously agreed place? 

@@C. Thunder Dash,

I ramped up the contrast in me picturing the situation, so to speak. I just wanted to show you her emotional response to this situation.

See, their lifestyles are... totally diferent. She lives slowly, he is fast. Hi-Tech vs medieval. There has to be some defensiveness on her part, okay? But that doesn't mean they can't do some back and forth, meeting on different points of the continuum of their differences.

The way I see it, they should agree to disagree, in a civil matter. Nitro will go to the car show in Baltimare and Natural will have her slow walk to Hollow Shades, and they'll meet there. Gives the stallion a place to park his ride too.

@@C. Thunder Dash,

Ah, should've said that earlier, I'm no Sherlock Holmes. Still, my plan would allow Natural to leave her mobile home under watch of a pony she knows and trusts, and so free her up to hitch a ride with Nitro to show him the local specialties. Sounds better?