What if Sweetie Belle was invited to enroll at CSfGU?

ManaMinori

But we have seen no example of any skill in musical magic.. bit of a difference.

Kind of;.

Thing is if a English Major gets into medical school. its because they ALSO filled the requirements for medical school.

Same thing with a Business Major.

I had some one with a art degree as a lab partner in my masters program for Geology. But... She filled all the requirements to get into the program with her electives.

Some programs will let you in with the agreement that you go do all the required pre-degree work.

No program lets you in with out the required BA Work.

Does not happen....

Same ideal with the show and school.

If sweetiebell showed magical ability and singing? Then sure that makes sense...

but she doesn't.

It would be like the wonder bolts letting scootaloo into a program because she's really talented. - Ignoring that she is not a talented flyer.

It might still fit? From what we've seen on the show, there seems to be only two requirements for entry. Be a unicorn and pass a test. While not seemingly as rigorous as Orgo 2, being a unicorn seems to fit loosely if you use that to show an innate ability. Two other curious things about CSfGU is that we can look at the cannon and question the schools general selectiveness. It appears somewhat selective, but like MD/DO schools, not as selective as one would think.

The Scootaloo analogy doesn't fit because Sweetie Belle can use rudimentary magic without impairment like many of her peers. Scoots cannot out and out fly. However, on screen she has been upstaged a little by Snails who may be a tad 'savantish' with telekinesis and spacial awareness/intelligence. Even so, she doesn't appear hindered in anyway.

As far as the interest question, they have a built-in out there two since Sweetie Belle seemingly went above and beyond what a normal filly unicorn would to learn to improve her skills.

Though one could suggest that if Twilight thought Sweetie Belle would be better served by the magical school she would have pushed for it herself by now. That remains my only question, besides how it would narratively serve the show and the characters.

Ehh, to be honest, she hasn't showed any powerful magic at any point in the show. She has nothing to even touch filly Twilight with. Except friends, Twilight didn't have any of those. If she did have powerful magic she would still stay with her friends and just let Twi teach her magic, there is no way in heck that Sweetie Belle would leave her friends at any point in time ever.

I don't think it would work out for her in such a school as that would require not just magical capability but also the ability to perform advanced tasks and studies and as we've seen from sweetie bell she's not even able to make toast properly also she would most likely try to help her various friends and fellow students and we've all seen how sweetie bell helps others I don't think the school would be standing for long if she enrolled given her talent for getting into trouble

Ehh, to be honest, she hasn't showed any powerful magic at any point in the show. She has nothing to even touch filly Twilight with. Except friends, Twilight didn't have any of those. If she did have powerful magic she would still stay with her friends and just let Twi teach her magic, there is no way in heck that Sweetie Belle would leave her friends at any point in time ever.

Twilight's an op freak. Her talent IS magic, because destiny. How is it fair to Sweetie to compare Twilight to her? I'll say it Again- Sweetie shows talent at singing. Song magic and spells DO EXIST. (Like the Sirens) so it's not impossible that she can learn music spells, using her singing mixed with her unicorn magic to create certain effects- Sheilds and barriers, cleanse impurities, amplify her magic for a time, etc. Or like Starswirl, create, or compose song spells once she advances far enough to do so.
  • Brohoof 1

Twilight's an op freak. Her talent IS magic, because destiny. How is it fair to Sweetie to compare Twilight to her? I'll say it Again- Sweetie shows talent at singing. Song magic and spells DO EXIST. (Like the Sirens) so it's not impossible that she can learn music spells, using her singing mixed with her unicorn magic to create certain effects- Sheilds and barriers, cleanse impurities, amplify her magic for a time, etc. Or like Starswirl, create, or compose song spells once she advances far enough to do so.

Ok you're right, I totally forgot she sang. I was really thinking of Sweetie Belle doing some Twilight level magic and I couldn't think of her doing that. But powerful musical magic? I don't think CSfGU does any musical magic, just like transfiguration, spells, attacks, defenses, dark magic. Ya know the Harry Potter kind of magic, just without wands and with their horns. I know she can learn spells, afterall she is a unicorn, but here is the thing, I don't think they can make spells and such from songs. I do think she can pull a Rara and use her magic to make some voice changers or do what DJ does and make some bomba** wubs.

Ok you're right, I totally forgot she sang. I was really thinking of Sweetie Belle doing some Twilight level magic and I couldn't think of her doing that. But powerful musical magic? I don't think CSfGU does any musical magic, just like transfiguration, spells, attacks, defenses, dark magic. Ya know the Harry Potter kind of magic, just without wands and with their horns. I know she can learn spells, afterall she is a unicorn, but here is the thing, I don't think they can make spells and such from songs. I do think she can pull a Rara and use her magic to make some voice changers or do what DJ does and make some bomba** wubs.

Yeah, there seems to be some misunderstanding regarding what the show has given us for the school, and I what people have in their minds. I almost think one of the key questions to this would be how Sweetie Belle compares to Moon Dancer, Minuette, Lyra, etc.

We also know that the education was more than spellcasting since they taught chemistry based education in the school as evidenced in Amending Fences. Seeing as there are magical creatures that use music, it isn't a huge leap to suggest that that may be a specific sub focus that could be taught to her.

The musical magic thing was more of narrative version of serendipity envisioned as a one-off dialog line that acts as simple connective tissue or motivation if needed.

If the question was Sweetie Belle chances of becoming Celestia's personal pupil, there wouldn't be much to support it. A student however ... that isn't as crazy as some are making it out to be.

• Brohoof 1