Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

r/place

Anneal

So for April Fools, Reddit did something called "r/place", where for the next two days people from all subreddits will attempt to draw their subreddit's symbol or sign to represent themselves. For hours, subreddits have attempted to claim a small part of the image, and sometimes there are malicious griefers who attempt to erase everything on it. Here is the result:

ajWiAYi.png

r/MLP is on there, too. What do you think?

• Brohoof 2

/r/place is one of the best things I've seen in a long time. It's basically a summary of Reddit in general. I actually helped maintain the F1 (and JB17) and PCMR logos. I am surprised THE VOID was smaller than it was. It was pretty big at one point. I was also surprised (shocked even) that /r/The_Donald didn't run all over it. I do hope the sub stays around and it can be done again.

Also note the cheeky window behind the van Gogh painting. ;)

• Brohoof 1

Did you ever hear the tragedy of Darth Plagueis The Wise? I thought not. It’s not a story the Jedi would tell you. It’s a Sith legend. Darth Plagueis was a Dark Lord of the Sith, so powerful and so wise he could use the Force to influence the midichlorians to create life… He had such a knowledge of the dark side that he could even keep the ones he cared about from dying. The dark side of the Force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural. He became so powerful… the only thing he was afraid of was losing his power, which eventually, of course, he did. Unfortunately, he taught his apprentice everything he knew, then his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Ironic. He could save others from death, but not himself.

/r/prequelmemes

4 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

/r/place is one of the best things I've seen in a long time. It's basically a summary of Reddit in general. I actually helped maintain the F1 (and JB17) and PCMR logos. I am surprised THE VOID was smaller than it was. It was pretty big at one point. I was also surprised (shocked even) that /r/The_Donald didn't run all over it. I do hope the sub stays around and it can be done again.

Also note the cheeky window behind the van Gogh painting. ;)

Yeah, I also helped maintain the Unturned zombie on the bottom left for r/unturned. It's surprising it managed to stay mostly intact, especially since r/unturned isn't a particularly big subreddit. There was actually a massive blue corner at one time. r/fallout didn't make it, but Star vs the Forces of Evil and Rocket League managed to not get consumed by the sea of blue. 

680.png

r/undertale was dominating at one point too, though it was a bit funny how Temmie ended up being drawn with the Irish flag. r/prequelmemes actually got griefed at one point by 4chan, but they managed to write it back as well. 

I love reddit. I'm surprised at how well Rainbow Dash came out, I'd have thought more folks would have tried messing with it. Of course a few did, as you can see there are about 4 or 5 pixels that have been placed by people trying to mess it up.

The whole concept of the r/place picture reminds me of old geocities websites. This here is a tribute website for them (warning: automatic music)

http://www.cameronsworld.net/

• Brohoof 1

I added a single pixel to r/place, which was replaced in the next 10 seconds.

But I'm glad other people had fun with it! It was definitely interesting to look at.

Never forget the War on OSU....

Also , kinda annoying that someone messed with the prime heart right before the place closed. I thought we all agreed to leave it alone -_-

7 hours ago, Miles said:

I'd have thought more folks would have tried messing with it.

So many folks kept changing the O in "Ponies" to an E -_- 

/r/place was a lot of fun while it lasted. I put a lot of pixels to maintaining the Rojava flag and YPG/J logo with my /r/TheFarLeftSide comrades, /pol/ cucks and The_Dingus tried their hardest to resist our revolution but we won. Seeing the F1 logo hold out for so long against the void was pretty cool as well and the Jules Bianchi tribute that came later was a real nice touch. Actually kinda proud of reddit that it didn't turn out to be full of hate symbols tbh, goes to show that as much kicking and screaming as they make, the shitty people remain a completely insignificant minority.

• Brohoof 2

6 hours ago, Vulcan said:

Never forget the War on OSU....

Also , kinda annoying that someone messed with the prime heart right before the place closed. I thought we all agreed to leave it alone -_-

Oh yeah, there's a gif for it too:

e8bda148da68361d.gif

• Brohoof 2