Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Thunder Dash - The Reformed Land (Middle Eastern/Asian Style)

Courageous Thunder Dash

The land, which was previously occupied by Queen Chrysalis has now been cleansed by the love shared by Thorax and the rest of the inhabitants of the old changeling hive. Lades and Gentlecolts, I give you…The Reformed Land.

This piece is in an Asian style, my first time ever doing this style. I'd like some critique on it please. 

Note this is a completed track. 

https://pony.fm/tracks/24699-the-reformed-land

In Game Name:
Server Name :
Offense Banned for:
Staff member who banned you:
Dispute Reason:
  • Brohoof 2

I love that transision at abouht the 1:30 mark it reminds me of a late 80's early 90's film :P I feel like the stereo at the beginning of that track is a little much and when hearing the track for the first time the plucks felt a little sudden and sharp. I started to really enjoy the track at about 0:45 seconds in. I really love how the track progresses from this point and I found myself imagining the plot to a early 90's low budget kung fu movie :yay: Again at about 3:10 I really like the transition though a few of the chords seem a little off to me, it could be that instrument itself wasn't designed to play chords but to me it just sounded a bit out of tune. As far as the plucks go bringing them back at the end was a good idea and on the second through listen the plucks feel more welcome overall a nice track though, 8/10.

• Brohoof 1

17 hours ago, Vinyl Scratch. said:

I love that transision at abouht the 1:30 mark it reminds me of a late 80's early 90's film :P I feel like the stereo at the beginning of that track is a little much and when hearing the track for the first time the plucks felt a little sudden and sharp. I started to really enjoy the track at about 0:45 seconds in. I really love how the track progresses from this point and I found myself imagining the plot to a early 90's low budget kung fu movie :yay: Again at about 3:10 I really like the transition though a few of the chords seem a little off to me, it could be that instrument itself wasn't designed to play chords but to me it just sounded a bit out of tune. As far as the plucks go bringing them back at the end was a good idea and on the second through listen the plucks feel more welcome overall a nice track though, 8/10.

Hey thanks for the critique! This was all recoreded right on my Korg Kronos keyboard. That first metal pad you heard had some sort of stereo rotor on it, which I didn't realize until I looked at the spectrogram. I probably could've ran that mono, duplicate the track and then convert the two mono tracks into one stereo track. I did hit a few sour notes, especially that one B7 around that one part. Also, you may have heard some extra beeping step sequence leads on that one part with the timpani/koto/choir pad combination. 

• Brohoof 1

That's a nice track, relaxing, when you get in the mood and for example listen to it while reading a book. Ambient peace of the 80's-Japanese-style music. I was even enjoying listening to it while editing the video. Dude, I'm sold. :lol: