Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Text won't appear in signature while using Donor size image

Kyoshi Frost Wolf

The title explains it mostly. Text of any kind will not show up in my signature if I use a donor size image. Judging by other signatures I see, it works fine with standard size. It is a very odd bug. Not sure if it can be resolved.

Yeah, this is a weird glitch in the templates. I've put it on the list of things for the new MLPF Developer Lead to look at when they can. I think I know what changed, but the template editing tools in the new version of IP.B doesn't have a working search function, so I can't find the actual template it's hidden in myself.

• Brohoof 1

There seems to be a total height limit of 200 pixels in signatures displayed in posts. Everything past these 200 pixels (vertically) is cut off, even if the signature would contain only text.

Standard size images leave some extra space for text; while donor-size ones are enough to take up the whole space.

In your signature, even the image itself is cut off. Notice, that there's no frame at the bottom:
jEeKCgs.png

By the way there is an empty line before the image in your signature. :P 

For a comparison, there's @Fhaolan's:
4m1qAa2.png

Also, it was reported some time ago. :) 

I have experienced the same issue when I tried to include lines of text underneath my 600x200 dimension signature. I figured that it was a glitch or just that the space given can only be taken up by one 600x200 dimension signature with nothing more. I have pasted my desired lines of text in my personal profile for now...

18 hours ago, Rikifive said:

There seems to be a total height limit of 200 pixels in signatures displayed in posts. Everything past these 200 pixels (vertically) is cut off, even if the signature would contain only text.

Standard size images leave some extra space for text; while donor-size ones are enough to take up the whole space.

In your signature, even the image itself is cut off. Notice, that there's no frame at the bottom:
jEeKCgs.png

By the way there is an empty line before the image in your signature. :P 

For a comparison, there's @Fhaolan's:
4m1qAa2.png

Also, it was reported some time ago. :) 

Good catch! The signature template did not make a difference between normal signatures and signatures for donors/subscribers, hence the height was always limited to 200px for everyone. Now you can use a non-standard image and add two lines of text after it with no problems!

• Brohoof 2