Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New OC ideas! Help wanted!

OmbreInks

This pony is, well.... just an idea currently, I need to figure out a colour scheme, a name, Gosh. I even need her personality sorted! As far as I know she's a pianist, and that'll show in her mane style - and hopefully - her colours.

Name wise I was thinking something like: D Minor - Tappy Keys - F sharp - Perky Notes - etc.

Unicorn, or earth pony, that is the question - I'm still unsure about her species... yet, personally I'd like her to {maybe} be some sort of 'Little or no' magic unicorn. Which means she's pretty much either has useless, or weak magic.

Colour scheme - Maaaaaybe no colour?! I'd like to think a Grey-Black-White pony suits a pianist quite well. I'd Definitely like her to have pink eyes, though. :love:

Bah! What am I thinking! I'll let y'all decide what I do with 'er! 

{Also, a friend of mine says she looks masculine.... does she? :( }

IMG_4632.JPG

Sorry for the terrible photo quality, I can't be bothered to fineline so you'll have to deal with this image for now. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, OmbreInks said:

This pony is, well.... just an idea currently, I need to figure out a colour scheme, a name, Gosh. I even need her personality sorted! As far as I know she's a pianist, and that'll show in her mane style - and hopefully - her colours.

Name wise I was thinking something like: D Minor - Tappy Keys - F sharp - Perky Notes - etc.

Unicorn, or earth pony, that is the question - I'm still unsure about her species... yet, personally I'd like her to {maybe} be some sort of 'Little or no' magic unicorn. Which means she's pretty much either has useless, or weak magic.

Colour scheme - Maaaaaybe no colour?! I'd like to think a Grey-Black-White pony suits a pianist quite well. I'd Definitely like her to have pink eyes, though. :love:

Bah! What am I thinking! I'll let y'all decide what I do with 'er! 

{Also, a friend of mine says she looks masculine.... does she? :( }

IMG_4632.JPG

Sorry for the terrible photo quality, I can't be bothered to fineline so you'll have to deal with this image for now. :derp:

Well maybe a deep neon like blue would be a really good body colour for your OC! Plus maybe his mane and tail would look good if they were black and white! :)

@OmbreInks

I don't think she looks masculine at all. In fact, she looks really beautiful to me. :D

===

I took the liberty of messing around in the pony creator a bit to try and figure out her color scheme at least, since I have no artistic skills in the slightest. Nevertheless, this is what I came up with:

Ks49dTQ.png

Not sure if that's what you had in mind since the creator is rather limited, but there's that. Personally, I think it works really well! The gray-black-white scale you suggested really does give that air of serenity most pianists have. Additionally, the pink eyes contrast extremely nice with it all. If anything, it can be even more "vibrantly pink" than that.

Here's the Ponycode if you wanna mess around with it:

Spoiler

3G34006300BABABAFFC49D00601FE738FUL1835000000001Q1171716FFFFFE0W107F3FCC004CB2

===

As for her personality, I'm not quite sure what to make of it... From the sketches you provided, I like to think she would be sort of short-tempered usually, but when she plays, she becomes exceptionally calm and composed. Even if someone else even dares to disturb her while she's composing, she snaps and turns furious. Besides that, she could be as graceful and classy as a classical musician would.

===

And for a name... Hmm... Well, I might have some in mind.
Serenity, Elegant Aria, Symphony Flow, Serene Grace, Moonlit Keys, Sharp Notes.

Of course, these are just some random ideas thrown in the air from the top of my head. I'd assume the character's name should be related to something from their backstory, as well as their personality. So maybe that part comes last, I'd think.

===

Either way, hopefully I was able to assist in some way or another. Looking forward to see your completed work! :D

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Driz said:

@OmbreInks

I don't think she looks masculine at all. In fact, she looks really beautiful to me. :D

===

I took the liberty of messing around in the pony creator a bit to try and figure out her color scheme at least, since I have no artistic skills in the slightest. Nevertheless, this is what I came up with:

Ks49dTQ.png

D'aww! Thank you! I like what you've done with the pony creator there, the colour scheme works wonders. Your ideas personality wise sound effective, too. I'll see what I can do furthermore to make her a well rounded mare. 

Edited by OmbreInks
  • Brohoof 1