Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My unnamed ponysona

Pix3M

Posted Image

source

Not particularly fond of OC's, but I eventually decided it may be better to use something unique to make me more indentifiable (for a lack of a better term) considering the pace which I'll be picking up attention. Since I got a surprise art gift, I thought I should make one of these reference sheets ASAP in case people wanna make stuff for me again.

... Should it be given a name? Name suggestions should be gender-neutral since I'm a guy who finds that a mare's nose is more aesthetically pleasing.

• Brohoof 6

Looks a bit too much like Octavia if you ask me.

For a name? How about:

Cubix?

Pixels?

Vector?

Clippy?

LOL @ vector. Pretty strange considering the general art style I'm mainly working with.

Also, I don't seem to be thinking 'Octavia' so much when I look at her... mainly because the coat color is really different.

(edited)

post-3976-0-54519600-1337456598_thumb.png

Even the eyes are the same color and the hair :3

Awesome pixel art though @_@

Edited by Bohtty
  • Brohoof 1

Call her Eight Bit.

This art style is more 16 bit... Hmmm...

Bit 16? I like the ring of that. I think I'll keep poking around with computer-related names.

This art style is more 16 bit... Hmmm...

Bit 16? I like the ring of that. I think I'll keep poking around with computer-related names.

Looks a bit less detailed than 16-bit (not that that's a bad thing), but okay. Just a suggestion. :P

Good luck on the name finding. :)

(edited)

post-3976-0-54519600-1337456598_thumb.png

Even the eyes are the same color and the hair :3

Awesome pixel art though @_@

Lolol, I like how you dug into the colors I used. Just to let you know, the lightest color on my coat is a gray with a very slight green tint, the darker areas being a yellow-ish brown, and the outline is a red. Yeah, I go much crazier with hues than the producers.

EDIT: I also added a very slight blueish tint to my mane too. I don't think Octavia's hair has that, does it?

Edited by PixMeister

sweet heart

Purple Valentine

Dangerous love

Thinking of more, I'll post more when they pop up in my head.

Loving grey

Heart shot

Twisted love

Eager Love

Quick Heart

Arching Love

Heart Stopper

Lolol, I like how you dug into the colors I used. Just to let you know, the lightest color on my coat is a gray with a very slight green tint, the darker areas being a yellow-ish brown, and the outline is a red. Yeah, I go much crazier with hues than the producers.

EDIT: I also added a very slight blueish tint to my mane too. I don't think Octavia's hair has that, does it?

You have to keep in mind that colors change as the lighting changes Clearly your pony is in a yellow light while Octavia's is in a white/natural light :3

As for the hair, it's true that it is slightly off, however, they are both trying to portray a blackish color so in the end that "slight blueish tint" doesn't really mean anything except that you know how to paint black hair better then the MLP artists xD

You have to keep in mind that colors change as the lighting changes Clearly your pony is in a yellow light while Octavia's is in a white/natural light :3

As for the hair, it's true that it is slightly off, however, they are both trying to portray a blackish color so in the end that "slight blueish tint" doesn't really mean anything except that you know how to paint black hair better then the MLP artists xD

I actually didn't have the 'yellow light' thing in mind, all I did was experiment with hues until I like the results.

sweet heart

Purple Valentine

Dangerous love

Thinking of more, I'll post more when they pop up in my head.

Loving grey

Heart shot

Twisted love

Eager Love

Quick Heart

Arching Love

Heart Stopper

Didn't I say I was more interested in a gender-neutral name? I don't remember seeing a guy naming himself something with heart or love in his name. :lol:

Looks a bit less detailed than 16-bit (not that that's a bad thing), but okay. Just a suggestion. :P

Good luck on the name finding. :)

From experience, more details = a bad thing, since we're dealing with ponies, not RL stuff.

I actually didn't have the 'yellow light' thing in mind, all I did was experiment with hues until I like the results.

Didn't I say I was more interested in a gender-neutral name? I don't remember seeing a guy naming himself something with heart or love in his name. :lol:

It doesn't matter if you had it in mind, it's what happened and its why people see Octavia in your OC.

also, just to be picky, this character is named love and hes a boy :3

It doesn't matter if you had it in mind, it's what happened and its why people see Octavia in your OC.

also, just to be picky, this character is named love and hes a boy :3

So if it's 'so obvious' that she's in a yellow light, how could I change it so the coat color doesn't resemble Octavia's as much?

(edited)

So if it's 'so obvious' that she's in a yellow light, how could I change it so the coat color doesn't resemble Octavia's as much?

It's not necessarily a problem with the coat as it is a combination of the coat, the blackish hair and the purple eyes. At the very least you could try for different color eyes. If you want to change the coat then maybe add a slight purple tint rather then a yellow one since there is rarely a purple light anywhere in the world (yellow light = light bulbs, white light = sun). Of course none of this means anything. Your OC is fine and since it has a different cutie mark it technically isn't Octavia so any changes you make should be because you want to. My original post was to show why people saw Octavia since you said you didn't see it. The colors are well picked it just so happens that they share similarities. You better do more art ;)

Edited by Bohtty

It's not necessarily a problem with the coat as it is a combination of the coat, the blackish hair and the purple eyes. At the very least you could try for different color eyes. If you want to change the coat then maybe add a slight purple tint rather then a yellow one since there is rarely a purple light anywhere in the world (yellow light = light bulbs, white light = sun). Of course none of this means anything. Your OC is fine and since it has a different cutie mark it technically isn't Octavia so any changes you make should be because you want to. My original post was to show why people saw Octavia since you said you didn't see it. The colors are well picked it just so happens that they share similarities. You better do more art ;)

I dunno about it being a problem, but it's just something that I haven't wrapped my mind around yet, and it would be helpful to know how to have more control with my art. That is all. I'll keep this in mind.