Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Cross over

GreenWind

(edited)

Malchoir is at the entrance. If they walk by the entrance when a large raccoon with a huge sword is at it, wouldn’t they, y’know, notice?

And, well, them noticing each-other is conducive to Malchoir being involved in the plot. Whereas them not noticing Malchoir could mean another many-page game of hide-and-seek like there was with Silka.

Edited by Joat

(edited)

I’m not talking about the guards. I am talking about Ryan, Lightning, and the others (or, upon a second look, not the others? I fear I may have misread out of haste), who were implied to have been in Canterlot just a moment ago and are now at the bar. The entrance is a logical step between those two places.

Edited by Joat

Yeah, but they went there from Canterlot.

And to be fair, I suppose I was a bit vague about who I was talking about. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I guess we can say the group left just before Malchoir got to the entrance or something, so we can move on with the story. The guards would probably know that the group is at the bar.

Let us just hope Malchoir meets the group soon. Like said, another Silka situation would be a bad thing and Malchoir does not have the loose grip on reality that contributed to Silka eventually finding the group.

Ah. So, if the house is also in Canterlot, that would mean they didn’t go near the entrance. Alright, now everything fits together.

Let us hope we are not approaching each-other on that same track, though, because then we would crash into each-other and train wrecks are not good.

Wait, I think this metaphor may have gotten a bit derailed at some point.

• 2 weeks later...

Sowwy. I did kinda skim rather than a full read. So I must have missed the wedding part. Though, you must admit I had good reason for not thinking the wedding happened yet. I mean, if it did, the wedding sure got crammed into a short amount of time, didn’t it? The one good thing about that is that it means that I, as a player, did not miss much by missing it.

I shall edit my last post.

…I am afraid that I am noticing an unfortunate trend in the major villains here.

I understand that the major villains are supposed to be powerful. More powerful than the heroes, perhaps, to make their defeat all the more satisfying and to create a challenge. However, with the major villains here, I am very, very worried that their defeats will be in a significantly less satisfying manner. It is almost to the point where, whenever a major villain shows up, the heroes might as well not have any special powers at all. Yes, it is important to have villains feel like a threat, but the point of that is to make the heroes feel heroic. Whenever a major threat is unleashed, the characters do not look like heroes. They look like Scrappy Doo, the comically powerless against the big monsters he wants to fight. That is not fun.

…I am afraid that I am noticing an unfortunate trend in the major villains here.

I understand that the major villains are supposed to be powerful. More powerful than the heroes, perhaps, to make their defeat all the more satisfying and to create a challenge. However, with the major villains here, I am very, very worried that their defeats will be in a significantly less satisfying manner. It is almost to the point where, whenever a major villain shows up, the heroes might as well not have any special powers at all. Yes, it is important to have villains feel like a threat, but the point of that is to make the heroes feel heroic. Whenever a major threat is unleashed, the characters do not look like heroes. They look like Scrappy Doo, the comically powerless against the big monsters he wants to fight. That is not fun.

These villains are supposed to be like this in the end all the heros team up with thier powers to defeat them later on they will find there hidden powers and unleash them upon the villains

(edited)

Yes, but that does significantly degrade the powers they already have if the majority of the major challenges are like this. It is alright to have a hopeless boss fight. Maybe two. But if you make it so that they can’t do much of anything until the plot powers them up, that has two major negative effects:

- The looking-incompetent problem still persists for the first 90% or so of the RP before those powers are gained unless they have some major victories before the powers are gained.

- If the characters are impotent until the plot powers them up, it has a significant feeling of “Oh look, we’re so pathetic the plot decided to take pity on us.”

I am not saying you cannot have villains like this. I am not saying you cannot have a plot-relevent powerup to deal with those villains. Just please make sure that they do not substantially outnumber the major threats we can deal with before the power increase.

Edited by Joat

(edited)

Yes, but that does significantly degrade the powers they already have if the majority of the major challenges are like this. It is alright to have a hopeless boss fight. Maybe two. But if you make it so that they can’t do much of anything until the plot powers them up, that has two major negative effects:

- The looking-incompetent problem still persists for the first 90% or so of the RP before those powers are gained unless they have some major victories before the powers are gained.

- If the characters are impotent until the plot powers them up, it has a significant feeling of “Oh look, we’re so pathetic the plot decided to take pity on us.”

I am not saying you cannot have villains like this. I am not saying you cannot have a plot-relevent powerup to deal with those villains. Just please make sure that they do not substantially outnumber the major threats we can deal with before the power increase.

While you have a ponit my friend these the heros just need to know a weakness to a villain or they all team up a one time the villain say zero has many weaknesses if you haven't noticed Edited by GreenWind

I had not noticed the weaknesses. I do not think they have been displayed yet. Or, if they have, it was really subtle. Remember that the answer to a puzzle is always more obvious to those who create it than to those who are meant to solve it, so a weakness that may be obvious to you may be unreasonably obscure to someone else.

Also, one thing that sticks in my mind is this:

OOC"the headghog is insane and he has the ablility to bend time and space and blood cells in all living things"

It was at this point that I realized that said hedgehog could probably face off against several of my god characters at once and win. At least, if those powers are as strong as you made them sound. Yes, the hedgehog is insane and that is a weakness, but still, this does count as an unbeatable boss at this point despite that weakness. A weakness can only go so far unless it is something like kryptonite.

However, like said, I am not asking for you to not include any nigh-unbeatable villains. I am just asking you to have them not be all or even most of what we fight. Because the fact of the matter is, no matter how well you can justify the majority of the villains being unbeatable or at least nigh-unbeatable, the point is that the majority of the villains being so powerful that they make the main characters look incompetent is very much not fun for me. If the RP becomes not fun for me, I will be disinclined to continue.

I am not trying to blackmail you. I really am not. But the point of an RP is to have fun and if I cannot have fun because whether the characters succeed relies more on how much power the plot gives them than what the characters actually do, I cannot continue with it.

I am sorry for having to say this. I am not trying to bash your RP. Except for the villains thing, this is actually a very enjoyable RP. I would really not like to have to leave it. And like said, I am not saying villains like these should be removed, I am just requesting that they not be most of what we fight.

(edited)

I had not noticed the weaknesses. I do not think they have been displayed yet. Or, if they have, it was really subtle. Remember that the answer to a puzzle is always more obvious to those who create it than to those who are meant to solve it, so a weakness that may be obvious to you may be unreasonably obscure to someone else.

Also, one thing that sticks in my mind is this:

It was at this point that I realized that said hedgehog could probably face off against several of my god characters at once and win. At least, if those powers are as strong as you made them sound. Yes, the hedgehog is insane and that is a weakness, but still, this does count as an unbeatable boss at this point despite that weakness. A weakness can only go so far unless it is something like kryptonite.

However, like said, I am not asking for you to not include any nigh-unbeatable villains. I am just asking you to have them not be all or even most of what we fight. Because the fact of the matter is, no matter how well you can justify the majority of the villains being unbeatable or at least nigh-unbeatable, the point is that the majority of the villains being so powerful that they make the main characters look incompetent is very much not fun for me. If the RP becomes not fun for me, I will be disinclined to continue.

I am not trying to blackmail you. I really am not. But the point of an RP is to have fun and if I cannot have fun because whether the characters succeed relies more on how much power the plot gives them than what the characters actually do, I cannot continue with it.

I am sorry for having to say this. I am not trying to bash your RP. Except for the villains thing, this is actually a very enjoyable RP. I would really not like to have to leave it. And like said, I am not saying villains like these should be removed, I am just requesting that they not be most of what we fight.

Note: these two are not the only ones the rebels are a group at large and a they need to be stopped aslo if you want to best zero think of it as a game that is all also I will let you change some of the story if you find it needed so not every 5 seconds Edited by GreenWind

• 2 weeks later...