Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I need help for my oc story!

Mystic Glow

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony

How did you find MLP Forums?

Browsing the pony network

How you became a fan of My Little Pony

Hi pony friends!:P

I really need help to come up with a story for my OC.

Well..when I was playing around, I decided to make her an alicorn when she was a filly---But, I have no idea how to make a story out of it.:kindness:

OC's name: Mystic Glow

Fly pony profile.jpg

Well welcome to the forums @Mystic Glow. and I guess you are diving right in! ^_^

Do you know what your OC's cutie mark is? that can usually help in determining the story of your character. Since she is an alicorn, were her parents alicorns? Is she of noble birth? or was there some event in her childhood that made her an alicorn? Does she live in current Equestria, or Equestria from the distant past or future? These are just a few questions to get creative juices flowing. Now for a meta question: how much do you want your OC to reflect your personality, strengths, and weaknesses?  

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

IDEAS:

-She lives in the present equestria

-Originally a unicorn

-She earned her cutiemark at the same time as earning her wings when she was a filly

-She was very shy at school and only had 1 or 2 friends

-Loved the beauty of magic and studied it as well as ancient magic, that she found out in a book

- MAYBE she earned her wings/cutiemark when she broke an ancient curse??

This is her cutiemark = Stars with a flame

cutie mark2.jpg

Edited by Mystic Glow

Alright, looks like we are off to a good start. Would you say she lives in a big city, or a small town, or perhaps a remote location? Are any of the princesses aware of your OC as an alicorn? Those questions may be related, because if the princesses are aware, it would certainly cause a stir, but if they aren't aware, then your OC must live in relative isolation, in a small town in a remote part of equestria.

In present equestria, alicorns are very rare. Perhaps the ancient magic that your OC encountered was a remnant of alicorn magic, back from a time when alicorns were more numerous. Here's a thought that you are welcome to use or not: What if she encountered some sort of magic book or artifact that contained the soul/essence of a bygone alicorn spirit, and upon coming into contact with your OC, the spirit combined with your OC to give your OC the physical characteristics of the alicorn, dwelling within and leading to your OC's cutie mark? It could work because a flame can often represent a spirit, the transformation would have a lot of magic behind it, hence the stars. it could even be used to explain your two-toned mane. It also has a lot of interesting story potential because you essentially would have two souls inside of you, think like naruto or the hulk (but happier).