Apple Cutting Production of iPhone X

Special thanks to Whompy for finding this for me:

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/29/apple-falls-as-iphone-x-order-cut-reports-mount.html

So Apple is cutting production of the iPhone X in half from the expected 40 million units. This in effect lost over $45 billion for the company in share value. Now this is not to say the company is danger, but it's clear they got a little cocky with the iPhone X. At the value of $1,000 a phone it was perhaps foolish to expect to sell so many. This strikes me as good news for Apple because it might get them back into the mentality they had with the Plus size phones and the higher storage option models where they only produced a small number recognized they were niche market items. The iPhone X wasn't a terrible idea, but for the price of $1,000 Apple vastly overestimated what consumers were willing to pay.

I'm glad this move failed because we actually were starting to see a slightly more price effective Apple before it with the cheap new iPad, the improving value of their laptops and iMacs, and the iPhone SE being an economy iPhone. I am hoping by the failure of this overpriced item Apple gets back on track to making more low cost items for consumers.

Thoughts?

Pricing a phone at a K is a bit much. Especially when you can get a Note for a bill or two less with somewhat better specs. 

• Brohoof 1

Sōten ni zase...Hyōrinmaru!

The success of the iPhone brand definitely made them cocky, but $1000 for a phone was just way too much for the average consumer

• Brohoof 4

I'm surprised that Apple would even think that 1,000$ per phone was a reasonable price, that's just stupid. 

Personally I couldn't care less what Apple decides to price their items at, I don't use Apple products and I've never owned an iPhone because I really don't like Apple products.  

• Brohoof 1

KOC_Enhanced_Signature.png.4b90cc740c785197afd73eab70a66685.png.4bb3411caa730089ef0d498635d6eaff.png

RA RA RASPUTIN

Eh, Apple doing Apple things. I guess they overestimated their fanboys this time.

• Brohoof 2

,#   <- click the tip of the banana to add me on steam!
               \ `-._____,-'=/
            ____`._ ----- _,'_____ My sig seem to be too good for Poniverse, so here's a banana
                   `-----'

This ad sums up what Apple was trying to do with this phone. Just show it on screen, have no information about it, and expect the sheep customers. Although, I do like that dynamic wallpaper they always showed. I would love to have something like that.

Oh, and it didn't have a headphone jack, so there was no way I would buy one anyway.

• 3 years later...