Jump to content
Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Sony Reveals Playstation 5 Details - Release Date Announced!


Misty Shadow

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Mirage said:

How's that for a concept! Backwards compatibility will make you a total leader in technology.

To be honest, this isn't much of an achievement from the PS4 to the PS5. Backward compatibility wasn't on the PS4 because it switched to a different CPU type which made it more . complicated to do. The new system is just going to be a more powerful chip working with the same technology so games work out of the box from the old system by default.

We can be pretty certain the next-gen Xbox will support Xbox One as well.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

To be honest, this isn't much of an achievement from the PS4 to the PS5. Backward compatibility wasn't on the PS4 because it switched to a different CPU type which made it more . complicated to do. The new system is just going to be a more powerful chip working with the same technology so games work out of the box from the old system by default.

We can be pretty certain the next-gen Xbox will support Xbox One as well.

 

Yes, it's complicated but not really. There's much more to do about backward compatibility than the hardware, it's also a business decision. PS5 didn't have to be compatible. Although Sony does try its best, as we saw with the PS3 1st gen.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mirage said:

Yes, it's complicated but not really. There's much more to do about backward compatibility than the hardware, it's also a business decision. PS5 didn't have to be compatible. Although Sony does try its best, as we saw with the PS3 1st gen.

I think it has more to do with the fact they know Xbox is trying to be insanely "consumer friendly" after the One's terrible life, so they know they have to try and mimic is a little.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Key Sharkz said:

I think it has more to do with the fact they know Xbox is trying to be insanely "consumer friendly" after the One's terrible life, so they know they have to try and mimic is a little.

Of course!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The backwards compatibility is going to be a huge thing. I've got to give props to Sony for that one in addition to coming out and revealing the PlayStation 5 the way they did though I suspect more will be revealed at E3 in June.

  • Brohoof 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Join the herd!

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...