Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Ambition for Ascension

Loud Opinion

@Califorum @ExplosionMare

Limbo did not see a challenge, or a hurdle to overcome in the sky. She saw the reaper. She had run out of time, and this is her final resting place: the monument to the Wheel. She had always feared that she would live and die in The wood. Now her cradle would serve as her grave. Unless...

She saw Magnolia and Starlight spring into action. They had not given up. That was never a question with Starlight, but Magnolia would defend her. "She's still with us..." Limbo said, trying to convince herself that what she was seeing was real. Seeing how ready everypony else was, she too chose to act.

"Magnolia!" Limbo shouted, probably for the first time in her life, over the thronging doom. The swarm was so great now, that a current of wind shot out in all directions from their wings. "Find the exit and warn Mr. Tongue! Tell him we're nowhere!" Limbo continued to shout, "Do not ask where the exit to the real world is! Declare where it should be and that is where you will find it!"

"Starlight! I need you to carry me into the opening we made in the rock! When we're there, I won't be able to help you! Just keep moving and Silver will find us!"

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion @ExplosionMare

Magnolia wasn't afraid of what was coming. This was all but a test in her mind. With a loud voice she said, "On it! I'll do my best!" she said shouting back to Limbo. Like Limbo she hadn't shouted like that in a very very long time. The beating of the wings was too loud. She glanced to Starlight in the form of her shadowy mist. The mist form she was in almost made some parting gesture to the both of them. But for now Starlight would focus on her task. Magnolia wasn't usually one to follow orders but right now she was, as Limbo Dreams knew the Wood and Limbo Dreams would Guide Magnolia on the path to Ascension. 

Magnolia had thenceforth shot off from the group. Verbally, she declared the exit to be right in front of her as she continued. She had hoped that Limbo Dreams was correct in how the exit worked. If all else would fail by Magnolia's act, she would be forced to return to where Limbo and Starlight were. She was sure this almost like a dream where you would be able to 'declare' where certain things existed. Deep down she was a little frantic, but Magnolia would never reveal that to anyone else.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum @Loud Opinion

Limbo shouted for Starlight to carry her and she hastily galloped towards her to lift her on her back. She heaved but found that her excessively loud breathing was unnecessarily. Limbo was surprisingly light so she was no trouble to carry. That, or Starlight was stronger than she thought. Neither explanation mattered, not now. What mattered is that Limbo got through the new opening safely. She trotted with careful steps but she made sure to keep a steady pace. She didn’t want the swarm of moths to follow them in.

Despite the imminent danger they were in, Starlight’s mind was still able to drift to Equality. She supposed that was just natural for a strong believer. What she was thinking now is how willing Magnolia was to follow each of Limbo’s commands. This is the only instance Starlight could recall where Magnolia didn’t act out of selfishness.

Limbo Dreams could be a good role model for Magnolia. Once Limbo understands the full capacity of equal friendship, she could pass that knowledge to Magnolia. Maybe then she would listen she thought triumphantly.

It was as if a little lightbulb went off in her head. She had never considered before how new friends could help other new friends. If another pony outside of the village was willing to accept Equality, then that would only make loyalty to the cause stronger. The leadership tactic was brilliant, it would have to be written down later for future use.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum 

Just as Magnolia professed, the world distorted. The tress and bushes blended like smears on a painting. The moonlight got brighter and grew warmer, both in temperature and in color. The air between the tree trunks fractured like glass, and the trunks themselves became more uniform. The forest floor depressed a foot or two. The moonlight, now the color of candlelight, descended to the tree roots and became actual candles. The branches above shot up to the sky and stretched out to form a proper canopy. Before she knew it, Magnolia was back in the Temple.

Standing before her were Limbo and Starlight, slumped over the podium, unconscious. Octavia and that blue unicorn were both missing. At one of the pews, Mr. Tongue was busy with a quill and a scroll.

@ExplosionMare

Meanwhile, Starlight was in a bright blue sea of motionless creatures. Some were ponies, but many had forms completely alien to her. None were breathing. None were blinking. Yet, all of them seemed perfectly preserved. Starlight simply floated in the endless nebula of bodies. Still conscious. Still fully capable of motion. However, Limbo, true to her warning, was just as still as all the others.

• Brohoof 1

Magnolia was thankful that it worked. With a spell she reverted form back to her pony self and jumped into the exit. Once she had realized exactly where she was she looked at Starlight. She could do anything to Starlight, take her away but now was not the time. Especially with someone else around and Magnolia didn't want to jeopardize her position here. She smirked at her easy escape before glancing over at Mr Tongue. Magnolia approached him confidently and said to him, "Limbo wanted me to tell you that they are nowhere. Trapped within what Limbo calls...the 'Wood' with the dangerous Moths." she said coldly, yet awkwadly.

As she spoke Magnolia looked into his eyes with a cold piercing glare. One that seemed to search within his gaze for anything hidden, yet one that was also observant and judging of him. She was wondering where Octavia and the other one went off to and proceeded to ask, "There were others here. Where did they go? Who are you, anyways?" she said, not having really met him properly like she did with Limbo. She wasn't used to talking to other ponies in this manner and felt sort of out of her element, yet her cold but awkward tone remained.

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion @Califorum

Starlight was completely disconcerted as she awoke in a new place. All around her were motionless and unconscious creatures, Limbo included. Unlike everything else, however, Starlight was both capable of motion and conscious. The fact that she was the only one here who was awake made her feel very uncomfortable. Her instincts told her to start waking some creatures up.

No! These creatures could be dangerous! Why else would Limbo Dreams lie down with them? Starlight thought, stopping herself from doing something she might regret.

Not wanting to cause any trouble to herself, she pretended to fall asleep. She couldn’t lie down completely due to the fact she was floating, but she still managed to look limp. Since she was no longer allowed to rely on her vision, she tilted her ears up in order to better pick up any unordinary sounds. At the moment, she heard nothing but the silence around her. This only made her paranoid that something dangerous was going to happen at any moment.

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Mr. Tongue looked up at Magnolia with a jump. Despite Magnolia's tone and delivery, she still, somehow, managed to surprise the aging stallion.

Now that she was closer, Magnolia could see a shovel next to the stallion resting on the same pew. There was another letter opposite the shovel with very elegant lettering on it. Magnolia's own letter that lead her here was in a very straightforward font. Harsh angles and well-defined spaces, almost as if she had written it herself. This one was a flowing cursive that ran into itself. She had only a moment to see this before Mr. Tongue folded both scrolls up and placed the shovel under the pew, but the details stuck.

"Oh, you've come back!" He said with his age showing through his rasp, "And, Miss. Dreams is nowhere?!"

The stallion slowly rose from his seat as he continued, "Those two other mares were rather spooked when they saw you go under, but enough about them. Miss. Dreams seems to be in grave danger.

"By-the-way, I never got your name, young lady. Mine is Silver Tongue, Miss. Dream's caretaker."

Even as Silver raced for the center podium, he still found time to be chivalrous. Silver could tell the mare was not very used to socializing. Perhaps it was unsporting to not hold back his social skills with somepony so inexperienced socially, but time had already taken his sense of fairness long ago.

@ExplosionMare

Meanwhile, Starlight was right in her fears. The sound of scrawling broke the silence. Steps were not far behind, despite the lack of a floor.

"Time: Moth," A multilayered voice, similar to a dove's cue, said as the steps drew nearer, "Section 'M' dash 'S'. A locksmith is ready to be remembered, and another walker has invaded my records. I'll put a gold star here if the walker still has his wits about them."

The source of the voice: a skeletal pony in a fine suit and top-hat, crept into view from behind a tan pegasus. Instead of a pony's skull, a large bird skull sat upon its neck. Large, unsettling eye-sockets and a violent looking beak were the most striking features. An open scroll rests on its back and a quill in its beak. It tilts its head curiously and its scroll floats over to the quill.

• Brohoof 2

@ExplosionMare @Loud Opinion

Magnolia followed him to the podium and let him speak before stepping up over their sleeping bodies as if watching over them. She thought for as second and seemed to awkwardly pause as if not sure what to say. She had no reason to hate this pony, and unlike Starlight she wouldn't be arguing. What would be left was real conversation, something that Magnolia were honestly slightly uncomfortable with. It made her feel and look weak. She was above everyone but she sucked up her pride and sighs. She paced around slightly then looking to him as if asserting she was in control here.

"My name is Magnolia. Uh..." she awkwardly says before looking to the side and then asserting herself more. "I am guessing this is some sort of test or something? Why would Limbo be in danger if its just a dream or a trance? That doesn't make any sense." she said somewhat coldly, harshly but more of just trying to find something that she felt 'strong' in. She points to Starlight. "That one is extremely annoying to me...if you could do something about that I would be quite thankful...she hides herself behind lies of 'equality' and 'friendship'. She wants to rip away any differences between ponies so she can rule absolutely...at least that is my best guess. She wants to take my cutie mark. Yours too." she said and seemed to walk over to Starlight. She was trying to persuade this pony over to her side here, however, she made it not apparent.

A part of her was tempted to kick Starlight there, but she decided against it and simply resorted to stroke Starlight's hair as if feeling up her 'prey', thinking about the sort of things that Magnolia would do to her if she could. She would show her how the world really is. She then looks to Silver Tongue and stopped the stroking. "I'll say another thing, Limbo Dreams is the only one I feel inclined to follow. This is just...strange." she admitted.

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion @Califorum

Starlight was smart to pretend to go unconscious. Shortly after she closed her eyes, a voice—or multiple voices, it was hard to tell—could be heard nearby. Starlight couldn’t comprehend what the dialogue meant other than it sounded like some pony’s business was being interrupted. She knew exactly how that felt given her previous and current circumstances.

Against her better judgement, she dared her eyes to open just enough to catch a glimpse of the source of the voice. Starlight wished she had never opened them because she didn’t like what she saw. What stood before her was a skeletal figure with pony legs and a bird head. It’s unusual head combined with its skinless body caused violent shivers to course through Starlight’s veins. She silently cursed herself for making movements that could draw the skeleton bird’s attention.

Edited by ExplosionMare
  • Brohoof 2

@Califorum

Silver Tongue couldn't help but grin at Magnolia's attempt to regain control. 'Who says it's not fun to shoot fish in a barrel?' Silver thought to himself.

Silver then adopted a grim expression, "No, Magnolia, this was not in the plan. The Moth, or The Barber as we pony folk know him, is unpredictable. We expected him to start his hunt a half-hour form now. There would be an exciting chase, and you would get a taste of how dangerous the Mansus can be. I've never heard of him hunting at this hour, though. Did you do something to agitate him? Infighting, cutting your hair, climbing above the tree-line?" Silver then noticed Magnolia's predatory look toward Starlight and corrected himself, "Oh. The former then."

He then warmed when she mentioned the effect Limbo has had on her, "Well, it's no wonder this is all so strange to you. Equestria is a simple place full of simple things, and most of us spend our entire lives, or even our entire ancestries, living in such a conventional landscape. The world outside is convoluted and nonsensical. Yet, it is still truer than the Equestria we know. Did you know there are seven histories that all happen at the same time, in the same place, and all reference each other as equally true? That is only one facet of the wonders that exist beyond our perception."

"Give it enough time, and you'll grow comfortable with what you can't understand," Silver admitted as he pulled a second shovel from under the podium and levitated it over to Magnolia, "Take this and dig a fresh hole outside the temple. I'll meet you there."

@ExplosionMare

Back in nowhere, The bird-faced gentle-pony remained motionless. Instead of writing on the parchment with his quill, the parchment pressed and rubbed itself against the quill to write the very same words that echoed around Starlight. "Well, you play dead despite your rising heart rate. I suppose I could call that 'wit'."

"You're heart beats strongly, but you wish it were still. You see it too, don't you?" The thing asked Starlight. Its pace only became more rapid as it continued its monologue, "The beauty of silence. The comfort in stillness. No expectations, no deadlines, no under-performance. Existing is enough. Have you ever heard a greater truth?"

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

As if the skeleton bird on its own wasn’t creepy enough, its quill and ink began writing on their own. This place was beginning to feel like some sort of strange dream. Starlight looked fearfully at what the scroll was saying, paranoid it would do harm to her somehow.

It is correct that I have wit, although I would not admit that to my friends Starlight thought. She felt a brief sensation of satisfaction upon reading the first couple of sentences. Her heart soon sank as she read everything else.

Why would I want my heart to be still? What are they saying? And what greater truth is there than the truth of Equality? she questioned.

The meaning behind the words went over Starlight’s head, or perhaps she simply decided not to acknowledge it. She sensed that this scroll knew about her in a way she didn’t know herself. It knew things about her she had worked for years to keep hidden from others. This realization stirred a mix of fury and frustration inside of her. If she were to answer the written questions, everything she ever worked for had the chance of being destroyed. Starlight was not willing to lose her village for anything.

“You don’t know anything about me!” she lied. She immediately covered her mouth upon the realization that she had just spoken aloud. Now she was really at risk of being caught.

• Brohoof 1

Magnolia seemed to raise an eyebrow at what had just been said. "I...I notice a pattern here. Everything that goes on here is some cryptic analogy to something else, almost." she overlooked Starlight more before looking back to him. "From what you speak of The Moth, or The Barber I assumed that he was rather just a collection of Moths than one singular being as you say. What can you tell me about him? You also mention Seven Histories..." Magnolia said as her blue telekinetic field locks the shovel in her hold and she brings it by her side.

"As far as I know, there is one Unified history of the land, correct? This world operates as one, moving on as time phases. It cannot possibly be divided into Seven ways can it? Might it be that there are Seven different ways of perceiving the one?" she asks slightly with a rhetorical tone. She was still somewhat weary of this pony as she turned away and proceeded to walk outside at an even pace.

She expected her answers when she began to dig. As she walks she spun the shovel in her telekinetic field of which it began to take upon a pitch black shape. Once she had found a suitable spot for digging, she began to dig. 

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

When Magnolia returned to the brisk, midnight air and cantered a little off the path for soft ground, she saw an obvious patch of freshly dug earth. Silver Tongue had gone out of his way not to give her the shovel at his pew. Was there something wrong with that shovel, or was there something wrong with this one? Mr. Tongue's intentions weren't crystal clear to Magnolia. He seemed to care for Limbo, but with a name like that, who knows what that stallion was thinking?

She dug a new hole as instructed without incident. However, Silver hadn't shown up yet. The patch of earth reeked of sinister intent.

Magnolia knew the shadows well. There were no ne'er-o-wells prowling tonight. Whatever Silver was planning on doing, there would be no interruptions from the forest or its residents.

@ExplosionMare

In the cobalt expanse of nowhere, Starlight had lashed out verbally at the- whatever one would call that bird faced skeleton before her.

'Don't know anything about her,' The thing mulled the thought over for a few, worrying long moments. Finally, the scroll started moving again, "Oh, you mortals overestimate your complexity. How many years would it take for someone to completely map another pony's personality? A decade? A century? How long have I existed?"

"Well then," The thing went on, "tell me. What makes you so difficult to understand? What makes you... different?"

As if the thing had lost its ability to emote, the voice was steady, robotic. Not a hint of any joy or schadenfreude. If anything, it seemed curious. How odd for something that claims to have lived for so long.

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

Magnolia didn't disturb that patch of Earth. She knew not to mess with things that she didn't know or understand in this area. She felt off about this for sure, but still she dug. But in her mind she asked herself, what were they digging for? Was it to bury something, or...someone? She hoped it wasn't to bury someone. She stayed on guard and at constant alert just incase any monsters or anything had came her way from the forest.

Despite her knowledge of the shadows, she were still paranoid of the possibility. But more so of that stallion, Silver Tongue. Perhaps he could be lying or luring her into a trap. She didn't trust his words, and he didn't answer her questions. She walked back inside after waiting a bit. She didn't want to be by that patch of Earth. This was out of her element and she didn't want to take any risks.

She opens the door and walked back on inside to see if Silver Tongue was about inside for whatever reason. She didn't know, yet she had wondered.

• Brohoof 2

@Loud Opinion

Starlight pondered what the scroll had “said”. It claimed that a personality could be mapped, which Starlight had to agree was theoretically true. She had been napping personalities since the moment she went to the temple. However, there were a few nuances in each pony that Starlight had yet to decipher. Thankfully, her villagers weren’t as complex. Whatever dark secrets they used to have were diminished by the light of Equality.

The thing then mentioned the idea of Starlight being “different”. This deeply shocked her. Starlight wasn’t different, she spent her whole life trying to be the same! She looked into the bird’s “eyes” in a searching manner. Through the way he spoke and the way his voice carried, he seemed quite old. An ancient old, not just a few decades old.

Starlight immediately felt pity for this creature, momentarily overlooking his ghastly appearance. He had spent centuries, possibly even longer, in a world filled with destructive differences. Although he was physically unable to bear a Cutie Mark, the pain he may have felt over the years must have been similar to that of a marked pony.

Starlight’s realization became more apparent as the creature’s voice became dull and unenergized. The creature seemed dejected, which she could understand. What she didn’t understand was the faint curiosity it seemed to be portraying soon after. What was the creature so curious about? Did it want to learn of Starlight’s true ways, or something else? Starlight wanted to ask this aloud, but was still a bit too afraid to properly converse with the skeleton bird. For now, she just continued to stare with a mild fascination.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Califorum

Mr. Tongue was on his way out by the time Magnolia had returned. He jumped back as Magnolia had tuned the corner directly into his personal space. "You should know better than to scare your elders like that!" Mr. Tongue scolded. He would have continued if it wasn't for Magnolia's unrelenting stare. It was unsettling to see such a lack of response. It was as if he were sending letters in a bottle only for them to all sink to the trenches.

For lack of a better course of action, Mr. Tongue moved on. "Well, I'm out of my mindset, so blood will have to make up the difference. Magnolia, if you would spare me the effort, I'd like a three-inch gash along my left foreleg. Oh, and you'll be saving Limbo and Starlight alone. Rest in the grave you dug, and I'll take you to nowhere."

@abrony-mouse

'Dear Miss. Berry,
'The postcard from the barren isles was quite a treat. I would have never guessed they were so lush.
'In any case, I've taken the cursed nail-filer to my curse specialist as you asked, but the most peculiar thing happened. He invited me to dinner! I'd hardly enjoy risking my reputation with one so esoteric. Yet again, I'm proven the fool, for he is a direct relative to the Silver family! I'd never guess from his green coat. In hindsight, his gray hair was a dead giveaway, but I assumed that to be age. In any case, his profession still concerns me. So, just in case, I've included the address of our meeting. Additionally, I intend to give a follow-up letter as soon as our dinner is done.
'Your friend, Phantom Blur.'

It had been two weeks since Fuchsia Berry first got that letter. She was already on her way to Ponyville. The train ran late, but Fuchsia was restless. Phantom Blur may have felt embarrassed about his preconceived notions on this Silver. Regardless, it was high time she met with this curse expert directly, if for no other reason than to retrieve her nail-file.

The colorful train shrieked and gasped as it slowed to a halt. The doors exhaled excess pressure as they opened. The empty, dimly lit cabin finally allowed free movement as Fuchsia stepped off into the station.

Edited by Loud Opinion
removed nonsensical 'I've'
  • Brohoof 3

@Loud Opinion

Magnolia's eyes seemed to stare into his soul as if searching for the truth. Then she simply raised an eyebrow at such a...request. She stood there silently, and then seemed to march up to him like a soldier. Her eyes looked deep into his soul as she backed him into a corner. "Your going to tell me exactly what I need to know. This is so odd, and cryptic. Can't you just give me a straight answer? Your name is Silver Tongue. You are slick and sly, but when things get dry, you won't even have a tongue." Magnolia warned as if slightly angered by the requests. She didn't want to hurt this pony, oddly enough. More like scaring him to get answers. If she hurt him bad enough, she wouldn't have any answers...and she wasn't one to kill unless if she really need to. Unless if it were monsters, of course.

"It seems as though you expect me to play a role for you. Using all these terms...wording...it's as if you have a plan for me. Well then." she backed up and from the shadows a long dark blade was summoned. Now, she could easily do much more damage and even kill him if she really wanted to. But yet she did not strike. "I am not resting in a grave. If I am going to be....taken...to wherever they are then answer my question from before..." she'd look at his leg and then her glare softened ever so slightly. "I never had anyone...let alone request me to do something like that...rarely I am one to hesitate, however, are you sure that is what you want from me?" she spoke, quite...un-nerved by the situation.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

@Califorum

The Stallion snorted in frustration. Limbo's life was on the line, and Magnolia wanted answers. Of course, she did. What better time for Magnolia to make demands than when she had all the leverage?

"Alright," Mr. Tongue finally relented, "you've scared a defenseless old stallion into revealing his secrets. The truth is the Miss. Dreams has been watching you for some time. She can look into pony's dreams, and we used that to scout for ponies that had a-" Silver paused, looking for the right words, "affinity for the unseen world. We expected you to be attracted to the forge of days. I suppose you would call it a 'god'," Silver continued. He used the word 'god' clumsily like it was an outdated concept. "He remakes things. You've dedicated your life to mold and reinvent yourself. So, you can see where we drew our conclusion. As far as I'm concerned though, you are the spitting image of the Watchman. A god of revelations and pure destruction.

"As far as the ritual goes, the grave tricks the god of memories into thinking you are dead so that you can sneak into nowhere. Ritual doesn't actually start until it's time for the three of you to come home. Using you as an anchor, we will terr the three out of nowhere and back to the land of the living.

"Now, if that is to your satisfaction, I would appreciate it if you stopped holding Limbo's life for ransom. Starlight is exactly the kind of pony that the god of memory can tempt."

Silver wanted to use the memory gods true name, but for simplicity sake he would have to describe him instead. It felt wasteful, but he knew it had to be done.

Edited by Loud Opinion
clarifying Silver's opinion
  • Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

Magnolia snorted to his response and thought about it. She wasn't exactly sure of what to make of it. "How can I be holding anyone for ransom, if I don't even know what is going on?" she asked with an almost disgusted face and proceeded to slash the stallion's leg as he had requested. She watched the blood drip with a cold yet also, disturbed expression. "If Limbo's life is on the line, then spill it out for me and remove the gobbly gook from your language. It seems as if you don't even care about her by not telling me the truth." Magnolia spoke as if offended by that, which she quite was.

But yet she seemed to stop there, and thought about what she had said about the Watchmen. "The ponies of this land are too weak for their own good. They need someone strong to destroy the evils of the land...to destroy those who..." she almost had a pained expression on her face as she said the following words, "W-who are innocent and do nothing wrong...while those who do great evil are ignored." she spat with disgust. It was those bandits who stole her town and ransacked the place after she was abandoned by her parents after all. She would find them and make them pay for that. No mercy. "They will pay! All of them! I'll show them...w-what it means to lose something you care about!" she stomped her hoof to emphasize her point. Revenge. Destruction. Justice.

She smirked slyly upon the understanding of the words he said. "You look for ponies that...relate to some unforeseen affinity, then with that, you instruct them...now then, let's do what you had told me...this better not be a trick." she warned and went outside, opening the door and approached the 'grave' she had dug. 

• Brohoof 1

19 hours ago, Loud Opinion said:

'Dear Miss. Berry, I've
'The postcard from the barren isles was quite a treat. I would have never guessed they were so lush.
'In any case, I've taken the cursed nail-filer to my curse specialist as you asked, but the most peculiar thing happened. He invited me to dinner! I'd hardly enjoy risking my reputation with one so esoteric. Yet again, I'm proven the fool, for he is a direct relative to the Silver family! I'd never guess from his green coat. In hindsight, his gray hair was a dead giveaway, but I assumed that to be age. In any case, his profession still concerns me. So, just in case, I've included the address of our meeting. Additionally, I intend to give a follow-up letter as soon as our dinner is done.
'Your friend, Phantom Blur.'

It had been two weeks since Fuchsia Berry first got that letter. She was already on her way to Ponyville. The train ran late, but Fuchsia was restless. Phantom Blur may have felt embarrassed about his preconceived notions on this Silver. Regardless, it was high time she met with this curse expert directly, if for no other reason than to retrieve her nail-file.

The colorful train shrieked and gasped as it slowed to a halt. The doors exhaled excess pressure as they opened. The empty, dimly lit cabin finally allowed free movement as Fuchsia stepped off into the station.

Fuchsia trotted eagerly out of the cabin and onto the platform. The first thing she did was inhale the familiar earthy countryside scents of the pony heartland. The Equestrian plain called to her after so long away :3 After that, she stretched her legs and back and trotted lazily out from the train station, taking in the half-familiar locale of the pony village, marvelling at not feeling out of place for being pink and with silly smiling flowers blazing out of her flanks. It felt good to be back. The impulse to get away from cute pony life and thrust herself into the unknown, though, was lurking in the wings still. She called that desire her Manticore. Whenever she felt most like settling down he would pounce and she would be filled with a desire for wildness and drop whatever she was doing and follow him.

At the moment her Manticore was puzzling over the letter and the missing nail file, nagging at her to follow up on this meeting, rather than roaring at her to follow. Fuchsia didn't expect there to be anything too strange at the meeting, although the name Silver piqued her interest, and the absence of a follow up letter was strange... but she sincerely believed that nothing could be amiss in such a colourful ponyish locale. Maybe her Manticore would be pacified here she half thought, not believing it for a second. Still, the respite was welcome. As soon as she had the file she'd find somepony to pawn it to and then hit the local tavern she told herself. Hopefully the cider was still in season... she thought to herself.  

Using her half-familiarity with the area and her pony sense of direction Fuchsia will head for the address to see if the curse specialist is in. 

• Brohoof 2

@Califorum

"Gah," Silver gasped at the sudden cut. He knew he asked for it, but it was surprising nonetheless. A more rude punctuation had never been felt by mortal kind.

However, as much as his aged instincts pleaded for it, now was not the time to scold. Instead, Silver did what he did best and listened on as Magnolia poured her heart out. The mare was bearly keeping her composure. Perhaps all of this sudden attention had awakened something inside Magnolia. Limbo had described her as a loner, but Silver now knew why. It was not through nature but necessity. Mr. Tongue knew she wasn't alone for its own sake, and he knew well how long it took someone to swallow their tears.

Mr. Tongue was reassured when Magnolia finally settled into a smirk. He wasn't confident he'd be able to console her. When she approached the grave, Silver gave his instructions, "Now, once you're there, I want you to grab Starlight and Limbo and bite your tongue until you draw blood. That will be my signal to pull you out. That's it," Silver emphasized, "Don't touch anything, don't explore, and certainly don't chat with whoever else you see there."

As soon as Magnolia rested on the dirt, she would sink down into nowhere, as if the world was just below the surface.

@abrony-mouse

Fuchsia didn't have a map of the town on hoof, but she did have the next best thing: experience. City layouts were quite intuitive if you see enough of them. Train stations would be at the edge of town to cut down on noise pollution. The town hall and library would be at the center. Most importantly, any structure that a mayor wouldn't want their tourists seeing would be close to the center, opposite the train station. A structure dedicated to hexology would make for a great example.

Fuchsia was interrupted, however, when a black mare crossed her path. She huffed and puffed through the vacant, moonlit street. Were the streets that dangerous at night? Just how much has changed since Fuchsia last visited? Or, how much has stayed the same? Ponyville never had a shortage of crazy, but her refined bow-tie and mane style were new.

• Brohoof 1

@Loud Opinion

"If you say so. I guess I'm your errand mare...." she said and sort of cracked a smirk at him there, first time in a long time she ever tried to be humorous. "I don't know what went wrong. You will have to explain that...too me when I am done rescuing them." she said somewhat coldly. Magnolia simply nodded to his instructions and proceeded to lay within the grave. All of this was new and unknown to her and she had no idea what to think of it or how to handle it. Magnolia almost felt bad for the way she talked to Silver and for her cutting of his leg there. But alas, it was done and over with now.

She laid within the grave, and found herself in nowhere. Wherever she ended up, she proceeded to look around for Starlight and Limbo. She was more concerned about saving Limbo but she reluctantly had to save Starlight as well. Starlight wasn't liked that much in her eyes, she hated how she acts and views the world but deep down, that was little excuse to lead someone to their death. She was going to save Starlight as well.

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Loud Opinion said:

Fuchsia didn't have a map of the town on hoof, but she did have the next best thing: experience. City layouts were quite intuitive if you see enough of them. Train stations would be at the edge of town to cut down on noise pollution. The town hall and library would be at the center. Most importantly, any structure that a mayor wouldn't want their tourists seeing would be close to the center, opposite the train station. A structure dedicated to hexology would make for a great example.

Fuchsia was interrupted, however, when a black mare crossed her path. She huffed and puffed through the vacant, moonlit street. Were the streets that dangerous at night? Just how much has changed since Fuchsia last visited? Or, how much has stayed the same? Ponyville never had a shortage of crazy, but her refined bow-tie and mane style were new.

Fuchsia had been ambling towards the center of town, following her intuition and experience when her keen ear flicked, picking up the tell tale signs of a pony who was exercised about something. Her Manticore stirred, wanting her to gallop towards the approaching hoof-steps, a feeling she hadn't had since before the Talomeno! She reigned herself in, half-hoping she was mistaken, but as the unusually finely-dressed pony approached her heart sank... and soared. Had Ponyville changed? Is it just that I'm in one of the weirder parts of town? Does she want to outfit me for some fancy clothes? :P 
"Good evening." Fuchsia said neutrally, coming to a stop. She eyed the pony closely, looking for signs of danger firstly and secondly for any clue as to what she might want that wouldn't necessarily be expressed (eg nefarious magical experimentation, foalnapping etc)... 

• Brohoof 3

@Califorum

Magnolia silently emerged to an open sky with bodies scattered like raindrops captured in a photo. Some looked familiar, while others seemed dangerous. Grizzly looking things that irritated their murderous intent through their looks alone were right next to foals. Yet, both seemed to be at peace. Well, peace implied some enjoyment. Unconscious was more accurate when analyzing the apathy present on each and every face.

Hark, Limbo was counted among the stiff and dim. Just below Magnolia were her tell tail horns. Her body was rigid, and her eyes were dull. Of course, Starlight was just underneath, carrying Limbo and looking at the skeletal bird-pony before her.

Whatever was keeping everyone else imprisoned proved ineffectual to Magnolia, but for how long?

@abrony-mouse

In the land of the sensical, Fuchsia made an attempt to converse with the panicking mare. She slid to a halt, paying no mind to the dust and lose rocks she kicked up. Her magenta eyes were wide, and her breathing ragged through her gray chest.

"I- There was-" the mare sputtered and pointed behind herself before looking down in grim concession, "You wouldn't believe me."

She then dramatically dropped to the ground and covered her face, "Oh, what can I do?" she muffled through her hooves, "There's no way I can convince anyone, but how am I supposed to face this alone?!"

The mare was so engrossed in her despair that she seemed to have forgotten all about Fuchsia --and the fact that she could hear everything the mare said.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Loud Opinion said:

In the land of the sensical, Fuchsia made an attempt to converse with the panicking mare. She slid to a halt, paying no mind to the dust and lose rocks she kicked up. Her magenta eyes were wide, and her breathing ragged through her gray chest.

"I- There was-" the mare sputtered and pointed behind herself before looking down in grim concession, "You wouldn't believe me."

She then dramatically dropped to the ground and covered her face, "Oh, what can I do?" she muffled through her hooves, "There's no way I can convince anyone, but how am I supposed to face this alone?!"

The mare was so engrossed in her despair that she seemed to have forgotten all about Fuchsia --and the fact that she could hear everything the mare said.

Fuchsia sighed internally, the pleasant feeling of her arrival dissipating as the Manticore pounces... 

She tries to calm the panicked mare down, "There there, it's ok." she coos phatically, her lilac eyes large and sympathetic, but she does not approach yet, unsure whether the mare might lash out. "You are safe now. You don't have to face anything alone."

Fuchsia examines the mare for any wounds or other signs of a fight (like damage to her clothes), or a tell-tale tag that she had escaped from an asylum :p . Her ears prick for any details in the mare's incoherent rambling that might give her a clue as to what has happened to her.

• Brohoof 2