Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

researching Art Contest picture not showing up for some

ExplosionMare

I submitted my art contest submission the other day and it seems that the picture only shows up for some (or it shows up temporarily). It shows up on my end when I upload it through “Add Files”, so I am not sure how to ensure that others see it. I’m going to post it here to see if any staff members can see it:

AC9C5E4E-4803-43DD-85E4-2931B825EE8C.png.54951f3d3dfce9f6154a2d49d95c7b3d.png

If no one can see it, let me know.

• Brohoof 3

I took a look at your submissions there and I can't see the two first images either. I do see your latest try and the image you posted here.

The two first posts, that don't display images seem to no longer have the files attached in them, while the last one and here in this thread have.

I'm suspecting few possibilities, but could you describe, step by step, how exactly you're uploading the images? Do you also do anything afterwards?

That would help pinpointing potential issue. :BrightMacContent:

• Brohoof 1

40 minutes ago, Rikifive said:

I took a look at your submissions there and I can't see the two first images either. I do see your latest try and the image you posted here.

The two first posts, that don't display images seem to no longer have the files attached in them, while the last one and here in this thread have.

I'm suspecting few possibilities, but could you describe, step by step, how exactly you're uploading the images? Do you also do anything afterwards?

That would help pinpointing potential issue. :BrightMacContent:

Originally, I exported the image from a Krita doc (.kra file that only works in Krita) and changed it into a PNG. I emailed it to myself and saved the image on my phone since I’m used to the mobile forums. My first time, I just took the image from my Camera Roll from the “Add Files” icon.

The second time, I linked a download from my deviantart page. That didn’t seem to work although there are no problems on deviantart itself. The third time, I screenshotted the image so it would be a mobile file. I added it through “Add Files” as well.

• Brohoof 1

png's should work just fine, so I'm intrigued by why it didn't work the first time. Could you try the first attempt again here in this thread? Given the third attempt worked, the first one should work as well, unless there is something wrong with the image itself..? :ooh:

I'm not sure about linking from deviantart though, I'd need more information regarding where and how exactly did you get the link to the image. Sometimes you can get fancy links without proper extensions at the end, which may not work here. Preferably the links should end with ".png" or other formats, sometimes there's an invasion of random characters at the end instead. :mlp_icwudt:

• Brohoof 1

Hmm.. maybe it's because the image is cached in your browser? Pa6CktV.png I wonder if clearing cookies would make it disappear for you as well. Pa6CktV.png 

Anyway, you said, that the first time you've uploaded the image as an attachment, by selecting the image file directly from your device. However, it doesn't seem to be attached to the first post anymore.

Thing is, that if you're editing your post, the attached files should still be displayed at the bottom in the attachments area. For some reason nothing is displayed in your first post, as if it was deleted. I'm kinda confused by that. :awwthanks:

The image in the post you just made here is displayed correctly, and entering the edit mode shows it in the attachments area. Everything is okay here.

Maybe something just went wrong, a little derp? :derp:

As for the second attempt though - following the link displays a message "token expired". I suppose download links aren't meant to be shared like this. :P 

29 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

@ExplosionMare I REALLY like this ponies design. I've never seen a mane styled that way before. AWESOME WORK as always, BFFFF! :D

Oh Sparklefan my friend, I suppose you meant to comment in the art contest thread? 77EqXXE.png That's where the artwork and discussed here issue came from. ;) 

I have moved your post there :darling:

• Brohoof 2

Yes, for me at least. The third post in the art contest thread still has the file properly attached, so I believe everything is correct and everyone should be able to see it.

2 hours ago, PawelS said:

I can't see the pictures in this status update: https://mlpforums.com/profile/46927-raykv423/?status=1020924&type=status

I sent an alert to the opsponies including a link to this very post. Thanks for mentioning you're experiencing a problem - I'll note that this one appears to be related to an ongoing server problem on our end and not the original subject of this thread.

Unfortunately, everyone who'd be able to investigate this is either sleeping or otherwise occupied by their "real lives" at the moment so it might be a few hours before someone can deal with it. We get a lot out of our (tiny) budget but sadly, we end up in this situation sometimes when we lack the funding for professional staff and certain fancier server setups. :( Please bear with us and thank you again for mentioning the issue.

• Brohoof 3