Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

LEGO CUUSOO MLP Project Archived

Lobot8

Some of you may be familiar with Cuusoo, a LEGO site where you can create projects. If your project reaches 10,000 voters/supporters, LEGO will do their best to make it an actual LEGO set. I have no idea if anypony has posted this before, (If so, please ignore this topic) but the LEGO Cuusoo MLP: FiM project was archived. They decided not to even try to negotiate with Hasbro for the license. Just passing on the word! (In case nopony else did.)

Yeah, it was in the news feed from EQD.

Not surprised because Hasbro has become a competitor to Lego with their Kre-O franchise. Lego must have mentioned "not a strategic fit" or whatever phrase they used like 6 times in the statement. The hope now is that there is MLP Kre-O sets coming.

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

(edited)

Just bought two Halo packs yesterday. XD That`s the only good thing about Megabloks.

Edited by Lobot8
  • Brohoof 1

I wanted to flip a table after hearing this.

Comparison to Lego and Kre-o

Lego:

High quality

Lots of fans and Brony builders like myself

Well known toy company

Excellent sets

Kre-o

Low quality

Not many fans

Bad sets

Well do this demise, I shall start customizing Lego figures as ponies. :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I wanted to flip a table after hearing this.

Comparison to Lego and Kre-o

Lego:

High quality

Lots of fans and Brony builders like myself

Well known toy company

Excellent sets

Kre-o

Low quality

Not many fans

Bad sets

Well do this demise, I shall start customizing Lego figures as ponies. :D

I was mad too. >:0 LEGO is losing my respect. It all started when Bionicle was discontinued...

Edited by Lobot8
  • Brohoof 2

I was mad too. >:0 LEGO is losing my respect. It all started with Bionicle...

Yes, then they replace it with hero factory, and don't get many fans. Now they pulled a Hasbro recently with their friends sets, and 90% of people who buy them are teenage/adult guys, so Lego basically has their own Bronies.

Ok, back to ponies, this means one thing if the set was official, public relations nightmare. It's kinda like Pepsi making a soda that tastes like coke, and coke gets pissed off and boom! Sues Pepsi for doing this. Or like GM taking a Toyota and rebadging it a Chevrolet, its sad with all these licenses and competition, but you must realize, we need these to have a stable economy and to protect the creations of individuals, its still sad, but that doesn't mean people will continue to make custon Pony sets and continue to sell them. (Take Brickmania, sells custom Lego WWII sets, so pretty soon, a Brony equivalent will maybe start after the CUUSOO demise, but hey, look on the bright side, minecraft sets!)

• Brohoof 1

Yes, then they replace it with hero factory, and don't get many fans. Now they pulled a Hasbro recently with their friends sets, and 90% of people who buy them are teenage/adult guys, so Lego basically has their own Bronies.

Ok, back to ponies, this means one thing if the set was official, public relations nightmare. It's kinda like Pepsi making a soda that tastes like coke, and coke gets pissed off and boom! Sues Pepsi for doing this. Or like GM taking a Toyota and rebadging it a Chevrolet, its sad with all these licenses and competition, but you must realize, we need these to have a stable economy and to protect the creations of individuals, its still sad, but that doesn't mean people will continue to make custon Pony sets and continue to sell them. (Take Brickmania, sells custom Lego WWII sets, so pretty soon, a Brony equivalent will maybe start after the CUUSOO demise, but hey, look on the bright side, minecraft sets!)

You`re right. MINECRAFT FTW!!! (I don`t actually have the game, I`m hopefully going to download it on the Xbox.)

• Brohoof 1

I was mad too. >:0 LEGO is losing my respect. It all started with Bionicle...

Hey man, Bionicle was awesome! Well, it was for awhile. It went downhill after they moved away from the original 6 Toa. I'd have to say that, for me at least, the Bohrok were the high point of Bionicle.

Hey man, Bionicle was awesome! Well, it was for awhile. It went downhill after they moved away from the original 6 Toa. I'd have to say that, for me at least, the Bohrok were the high point of Bionicle.

I meant when they discontinued it. Yeah, didn`t like Glatorian too much.

Just bought two Halo packs yesterday. XD That`s the only good thing about Megabloks.

I spent a couple of hundred pounds on it over the past 2 years *facepalm*

I meant when they discontinued it. Yeah, didn`t like Glatorian too much.

bionical was my first ever building toy like lego ect

I spent a couple of hundred pounds on it over the past 2 years *facehoof*

bionical was my first ever building toy like lego ect

I`m American, so I don`t know how much pounds are. :huh: After they discontinued Bio, I never bought another LEGO set. HOWEVER, there is hope! It won`t be as good as the original Bio, but there is a Cuusoo project that continues it. I`m supporting.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, it was in the news feed from EQD. Not surprised because Hasbro has become a competitor to Lego with their Kre-O franchise. Lego must have mentioned "not a strategic fit" or whatever phrase they used like 6 times in the statement. The hope now is that there is MLP Kre-O sets coming.

Yeah, that's probably the best bet at this point. If Hasbro's been paying any attention to this, then they should know their fans want it, so why not? ;)

I`m American, so I don`t know how much pounds are. :huh: After they discontinued Bio, I never bought another LEGO set. HOWEVER, there is hope! It won`t be as good as the original Bio, but there is a Cuusoo project that continues it. I`m supporting.

that sounds good and £200 pounds in dolars is about $380

it was mostly the UNSC pelican that was the biggest set at the time and i was more into halo then but i still like it

I just got Halo 3 a couple days ago and was instantly hooked. I`m on Cortana, I think.

I said earlier I might start customizing Lego figures to look like characters, should I go for it?
  • Brohoof 1

I just got Halo 3 a couple days ago and was instantly hooked. I`m on Cortana, I think.

yeah cortana is probably the hardest level in the game because its dark and well i hate the flood

I said earlier I might start customizing Lego figures to look like characters, should I go for it?

YES!
  • Brohoof 1

yeah cortana is probably the hardest level in the game because its dark and well i hate the flood

YES!

Oki Doki, time to go paint shopping! :D

• Brohoof 1

Oh guys i live very close to Windsor and there is a giant lego land there but i could try to ask some of the designers about making mlp lego since some of the products are built there.