Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Title Changes to Tell Your Tale Shorts

Misty Shadow

What do you think of some of the shorts of Tell Your Tale having their titles changed? I personally don't really like the alternate episode titles. Admittedly, One Trick Pony being retitled Hoofdini isn't that bad of a change, since at least the episode is about Rufus' Hoofdini persona and it avoids confusion with a classic popular MLP fan made song. However, I can't wrap my mind around the other changes. For a while, Clip Trot was called, "Clip Trot Becomes the Next Big Thing". ...Yeah, think that just rolls right off the tongue? How about the most recent questionable change they've made with Pony Partay now being called, "RollerDiscoGlowUp Party"? Like, what? Not only does that title spoil the (admittedly not surprising) ending, but "Pony Partay" is so much more appropriate of a title for its simplicity. My favorite though is Mane Melody being called, "MANE MELODY Karaoke Beauty Salon". The other two changes are worse, sure, but I just love how they have to put Mane Melody in all-caps followed by a description of the salon we can easily infer within the first minute of the episode. What's wrong with just "Mane Melody"? I thought just "Mane Melody" was alright.

It does baffle me how this is a corporation-owned Youtube channel making these decisions to needlessly complicate episode titles for a kids show in this day and age where corporations are trying to "go simple" with their logos. Do they have some producer recommending titles like this thinking that "more descriptive" means "more enticing to click on"? I always thought the rule was "simple is best".   

• Brohoof 1