Tony Fleecs to write for MYM.

CastletonSnob

• The title was changed to Tony Fleecs to write for MYM.

Will be interesting to see where this goes. Only comic he ever wrote himself was the RD/Little Stongheart Friends Forever which was fine, perfectly harmless though mostly unremarkable barring a decent bit of world building regarding the Buffalo

Edited by Megas

This could either prove to be an excellent idea or a really terrible one, but I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt given his extensive experience with the brand. Yes, I know that aside from one story that he wrote, he's mainly been known for providing the artwork in the comics. Who knows? This could be exactly what he needs to reach the next level.

This guy's definitely much more of an artist than a writer, as I and others have already pointed out, but I think that he could offer some interesting ideas to MYM's writing team. Some G5 critics saying that this is going to give the series a huge boost in quality from a mediocre/okay show to a good/great show bemuse me though. If you're not invested in the show already, one new addition to the writing team is not going to make you fall in love with a series you already don't care for, they'll still script and direct the show the same way. 

• 5 months later...
15 hours ago, FosterWest said:

It will be interesting.

It already is.  Have you seen the credits for MYM Chapter 4?  Tony Fleecs, who did art for and wrote some of the comics, working with G.M. Berrow who wrote most of the chapter books is the kind of collab I never would have thought would happen.  It's probably the most interesting thing to come out of the latest chapter, in any case.