Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Zebra oc names and stripe ideas?

Sonic-Squid

I am working on a zebra oc that is just me i am stumped on the name and what kind of stripes the oc should have between the normal zebra stripes just a different color or aztec like stripes for my aztec heritage i have mostly got their story down pat just not the name and stripes is all so if anyone can help let me know and i will look at it to think apon it 

@Sonic-Squid Zebra stripes vary in length, thickness and color depending on the species, age of the individual, and unique genetic factors. For example, we know of zebras that are born with interlacing brown stripes, leaving their coat with white dotting similar to a deer fawn, while there is also one with blond stripes.

image.thumb.png.e54901416f553853dd9a24460a502200.png

image.thumb.png.c4b6ee8c2fb4aa0030103bbc8c94b869.png

image.thumb.png.320f5b56fa57a9e19ed281369da31e2a.png

With the reasoning of retaining a recessive or juvenile trait, you could significantly alter the OC to nearly any degree of appearance, without too much deviation from the status quo.

With your Aztec heritage, you could even provide an homage via a fade towards some mild Jaguar spotting.

I will come back to you with some name ideas.

Using Zecora for inspiration, a quick Google search shows that her name used to be the word for Zebra by the Oromo people of East Africa. It also appears to hold meaning as being Poetic and Extravagant, both fitting for a character who unabashedly stands out and talks in rhyme.

Using an Oromo language translator, I've come up with these, though I can not attest to their accuracy.

Western Stripe -Sarara Dhihaa

Jungle Cat - Saree Bosona

Black Spot - Tuqaa Gurraacha

High Jump - Utaalcha Olka'aa

White Blur - Adii Jajjaboo

I have done the same with a Nahuatl translator for some Aztec themed names. I am not familiar with either of these languages, so I apologize for any crudeness or oversimplification of terms.

Wild/Crazy Warrior -Tlauelilok Teyaochiuani

Great Deer - Uey Masatl

Dancing Hoof/Foot - Mitotika Xotl

Eastern Wind - Tlauhkampa Ehekatl

Day and Night - Iluitl Youali