Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spiritualism and the rainbow

North Star

Rainbows are very pony. They have become associated with cutesy little-girlness :P which is why we find them in MLP, but the ideas that became our current cultural understanding of cute little-girlness have deep mythological and spiritual roots.

It's hard not to see one, even with modern scientific understanding of how they arise, without feeling something. Personally, one of the best takes is that of the ancient Greeks who saw a message there, between earth and heaven (Abrahamic cultures, a little more logically, saw the flooding connection...). Anyway, the Greeks called their Goddess Iris.

"The rainbow reminds us that heaven exists."

First of all I wish to thank @North Star for the first post in this club not made by myself. 

second, on the subject of rainbow another thing of the rainbow variety is the basic chakra system: root,  sacral, solar plexus, heart, throat, third eye, and crown as seen in the picture. Notice in mlp how twilight is purple like the crown or that big mac, apple bloom, or Applejack feature some red on them the root color.  just something interesting I thought worth mentioning. 

4cc51827717eaa2d723110dd165a39c1.jpg

• Hugs 1