Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Spiritual people?

SpiderDiscord

(edited)

Hello, I am wondering if there are spiritual people on these forums, I'm sure there are, but am curious.

I bring this up because I have been practicing Buddhism spiritually, and Unitarianism
and would like to discuss it with people if I can. To learn techniques or experiences.

EDIT:
It seems some are bringing up religion which can become controversial, please avoid opinionating on religious beliefs, or at least be careful if you are...
Please keep this friendly.

Edited by SpiderDiscord
  • Brohoof 2

That's actually really cool! I'm Jewish, but don't practice consistently.

But I am very interested in Buddhism! What's that like?

It's calming... yet a bit difficult regarding the mental shift

I read Buddhist Bootcamp which involves this guys journey into the practice from being a lawyer and someone who avoided things like it.

The idea of letting go and not feeling attached or clinging to temporary things ... it's been hard for me to try to fight the urge to cling to such things, but I have been a calmer happier person the more I practice that mindset. Remaining calm when something pushes you the wrong way has to be the hardest, yet I have never been so level headed with my dad.

He has awful bondy-image negativity towards others and sexist gender role views. Normally I would get so upset I would have to leave the house to avoid him seeing me crying from frustration.. but now I have notices I'm starting to just tell him that it doesn't matter, that they live their life, and you can live your life.

Also you don't have to give up your religion if you were wondering that, since it's more a spiritual mindfulness practice vs a religion. 

• Brohoof 1

It's calming... yet a bit difficult regarding the mental shift

I read Buddhist Bootcamp which involves this guys journey into the practice from being a lawyer and someone who avoided things like it.

The idea of letting go and not feeling attached or clinging to temporary things ... it's been hard for me to try to fight the urge to cling to such things, but I have been a calmer happier person the more I practice that mindset. Remaining calm when something pushes you the wrong way has to be the hardest, yet I have never been so level headed with my dad.

He has awful bondy-image negativity towards others and sexist gender role views. Normally I would get so upset I would have to leave the house to avoid him seeing me crying from frustration.. but now I have notices I'm starting to just tell him that it doesn't matter, that they live their life, and you can live your life.

Also you don't have to give up your religion if you were wondering that, since it's more a spiritual mindfulness practice vs a religion. 

Yeah, I've always respected Buddhism for things like that... I'm impressed. From what it sounds like, your dad must give you a hard time.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I've always respected Buddhism for things like that... I'm impressed. From what it sounds like, your dad must give you a hard time.

Not directed at me, and I'm sure had no intention to upset me. Since he did notice me becoming upset when he was joking about people who I saw myself in, and he did stop when he noticed.

I just have anxiety when it comes to standing up for myself/others.

Didn't mean to turn this into a pitty party, more of an example of progress I am proud of ^ u ^

Not directed at me, and I'm sure had no intention to upset me. Since he did notice me becoming upset when he was joking about people who I saw myself in, and he did stop when he noticed.

I just have anxiety when it comes to standing up for myself/others.

Didn't mean to turn this into a pitty party, more of an example of progress I am proud of ^ u ^

Ah, sorry! XD Buddhism sounds amazing. It does a lot of great things for a lot of people.

Spiritualism and religion aren't my fortes, so I can't say much.

(edited)

I'm not a very Spiritual person but here's a tip:

Alway meditate once in a while, it always relieves me from stress and Anxiety and sometimes I receive messages from my guardian angel, St. Michael

Edited by MLG4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, sorry! XD Buddhism sounds amazing. It does a lot of great things for a lot of people.

Spiritualism and religion aren't my fortes, so I can't say much.

ah ok that's understandable :)

I'm not a very Spiritual person but here's a tip:

Alway meditate once in a while, it always relieves me from stress and Anxiety and sometimes I receive messages from my guardian angel, St. Michael

I do still should make more time for meditation, my mind is so loud it makes it hard to get comfortable enough to focus just on my breathing. Might practice before bed... might help me fall asleep.

Receiving messages sounds lovely too

• Brohoof 1

Will I am spiritual my self. 

Been all my life and in these dark time where people only care about what is wrong and what is right ... (but I am no saint myself ...well at lest it don't due like drugs and all that stuff).. but I think it will get better somewhere down the line. I am spiritual even in my OC world due too it having religion in it.. but its different than the way we see it.. ...

but aside all that yes I would say I am spiritual.     

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would be spiritual (I assume all religions are). I am a Christian, have been for a long time now. So is most of my family

Edited by LittleMac
  • Brohoof 1

iv been working on clearing my chi passages through meditation. does that count?  :P

and iv also been trying to train my eyes to see auras.  :P

and iv noticed iv been a lot more optimistic since i started  :wacko:

(edited)

I can never accept spirituality for what is out there in the mainstream of the world today.  For me, the God-Emperor and the Imperial Creed is my guiding light:

"Christ tells you you are sinful beyond redemption through no fault of your own.  The Emperor tells you to be proud.  You are human, perfect in form, perfect in mind.  Nothing on the face of the world compares to you.  Your love; your joy; your anger; and yes, even your hate, is to be human.  It is to be true to your nature.  Christ offers you shame.  The Emperor offers you pride in who you are.

"Allah expects mere obedience, yet what does he offer in return?  Nothing, except sparing us his lash as long as we continue our obeisance.  The Emperor asks for your loyalty, but only in his cause, that of all mankind, to build a better future.  For that future he gave everything.  What has Allah sacrificed?

"What of the Hindu and Buddhists?  They tell us this world is suffering.  That to abandon hope and desire is the best a man can hope for.  Lies.  Every word.

"The future of mankind is the stars.  It is unity throughout the skies, to see the wonders of the universe laid out before him.  There is something special in all of us.  The spark of life and joy and happiness.  The human soul, pure and incorruptible.  It's spirit burns brighter than a billion torches in the dark, banishing the shadows of defeatism and gloom.  Never listen to those who tell you that life is suffering and existence is meaningless.  That way madness and decay lies.

"I tell you this brothers, a message that needs telling more now than ever.  It is a simple message, that should be heard in every corner of the globe, echoing from the highest mountain to the deepest oceans:

"We are HUMANITY.
"We have PURPOSE.
"WE ARE BROTHERS!
"All of us.

"Forget our petty wars and divisions, for the greater struggle lies out there, against a universe that has recognised our greatness and in it's fear seeks to destroy us.  We can be united, the Emperor has shown us the way forward.  Free from the lies of false prophets, the jealous falsehoods of dying gods, united in the great mission that lies ahead."

Is there any other religion/spirituality that tells you that you are capable of doing something and that you are good?  Because every other belief system I have seen just plain craps on you and your worldview.  You're either a sinner or a fool or unenlightened.  The Imperial Creed revels in the fact that Humanity can go and do good without being shackled by fear and superstition.
Edited by Sintanan

Is there any other religion/spirituality that tells you that you are capable of doing something and that you are good?  Because every other belief system I have seen just plain craps on you and your worldview.  You're either a sinner or a fool or unenlightened.  The Imperial Creed revels in the fact that Humanity can go and do good without being shackled by fear and superstition.

OH gosh no! I didn't mean like that. Each religion has different types same with spiritual beliefs, there are also extremists of everything. But there are also those that truly are as accepting and understanding as they claim.

I honestly was raised Roman Catholic and have seen some aspects that made me uncomfortable like god asking people to prove their faith to be worthy, like being a decent human being isn't good enough. Like you can be a horrible person towards others, but as long as you believe in god you will have redemption? ...never sat right to me

But I learned that this isn't the case for every catholic or christian practice, there are those that understand that the bible was written by human hands, and humans are flawed, not to mention it being translated and passed down thousands of times thus warping words. But follow the core message of loving thy neighbor.

I am not catholic anymore, lease i don't consider myself to be. Enough so I feel it will be disrespectful if I took the eucharist.

Anyway, all I'm saying is that there are some sectors of each belief that focuses on the bad, as there are sectors that focus more on the good, but not so much so where they treat others better than another.

The reason I say I practice the spirituality of Buddhism is because I am not a part of the cast/monarchy like system (may be using wrong term, sorry). I just practice the core belief and practice of it and Unitarianism (letting go, accepting that things are non abiding, showing respect and care towards others, spreading love and positivity, allowing yourself to have a calm/mindful view)

What I have personally been looking into encourages people to grow to be comfortable within their own life and form healthy relationships with others, even ways choices you can make when someone upsets you.

No discouragement if you struggle in anyway, just encouragement to try, so that you may help make a more peaceful environment around you.

I don't know much about the Imperial Creed ... I recall it having to do with warhammer (forgive me if that is not it and I'm being disrespectful with that connection)... but I would love to hear about it from you if you get the chance! (could google but hearing from a person helps me grasp it better)

Will I am spiritual my self. 

Been all my life and in these dark time where people only care about what is wrong and what is right ... (but I am no saint myself ...well at lest it don't due like drugs and all that stuff).. but I think it will get better somewhere down the line. I am spiritual even in my OC world due too it having religion in it.. but its different than the way we see it.. ...

but aside all that yes I would say I am spiritual.     

Oh I know! Right vs Wrong confuses me, like it's all so relative. I feel bad, but I have cause concern to some of my old friends when I brought up the point that just because something is illegal and one will be courted for it, doesn't necessarily make the act wrong. But like you mentioned 'drugs' which are basically remedies which alter one's consciousness to some extent. -shrugs- As long as a person in not causing harm to others or themselves without purpose to prevent harm, I don't see why it's so bad. The current society where i live does upset me greatly, so have been practicing as a means to better accept that I can only do what I can to possible make my own or another's life even a little bit better...

I would be spiritual (I assume all religions are). I am a Christian, have been for a long time now. So is most of my family

In a way I guess they are in a way. Haven't thought much about that.  Though there is still a difference between just being spiritual vs religious.

iv been working on clearing my chi passages through meditation. does that count?  :P

and iv also been trying to train my eyes to see auras.  :P

and iv noticed iv been a lot more optimistic since i started  :wacko:

I have been too, I struggle to even see a faint aura with the white paper practice thing. And I have found my weak chi/chakra points so have been working on strengthening them, I don't have any overactive points, just some underactive. I have also noticed a change after focusing on those aspects and points :) The human mind i so fascinating on how powerful it really can be, like how the placebo effect really is a thing because of the person believing enough. Have been trying to control it (mind over matter) so that I can create my own placebo...hard to control since subconsciously I still know I'm not doing anything, but has seemed to help when I could calmly focus enough.

Had major back surgery and practiced placeboing myself to heal faster, and I did manage to heal a week earlier than was said.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
I don't know much about the Imperial Creed ... I recall it having to do with warhammer (forgive me if that is not it and I'm being disrespectful with that connection)... but I would love to hear about it from you if you get the chance! (could google but hearing from a person helps me grasp it better)

The Imperial Creed started with Warhammer 40,000 but the fans have taken it further.  While the beliefs of the Creed in Warhammer are twisted into something dark - like everything else in the setting that defined the term 'grimdark', when you peel away the twisted layers you find a belief system that simply says that you are awesome for being a human and Humanity can do amazing things.

Basically...  You are awesome.  Continue to be awesome.  Inspire others to be awesome.  Never stop reaching for the stars.

Edited by Sintanan
  • Brohoof 1

The Imperial Creed started with Warhammer 40,000 but the fans have taken it further.  While the beliefs of the Creed in Warhammer are twisted into something dark - like everything else in the setting that defined the term 'grimdark', when you peel away the twisted layers you find a belief system that simply says that you are awesome for being a human and Humanity can do amazing things.

Basically...  You are awesome.  Continue to be awesome.  Inspire others to be awesome.  Never stop reaching for the stars.

wow that is so cool and .... relatable

(edited)

@@SpiderDiscord,

I'm trying to be. I'm not sure if anyone can claim with any authority to be very spiritual because if you are, you wouldn't need to say such now would you?

My specific practice is what I like to call Syncretic Catholicism. I am Catholic and I do practice, but with my Kung Fu training, I've been introduced to Buddhist and Taoist concepts that I've incorporated into my religion. 

In front of my shrine, I even have the cross hanging over the Buddha's head and I even bless myself with a combination of the two gestures. The typical "head, hearts, shoulders" thing, but when I bring my hands together again it's in the hand over fist position and then I bow; to both of my teachers.

@@Sintanan,

Little off topic:

If you could be among any of the Astartes and hold any rank (except Primarch), which one would you join and which position would you have?

Is there any other religion/spirituality that tells you that you are capable of doing something and that you are good?

Yes, most of them do, you're accentuating the negative to a superfluous degree. Give it to me straight so there is no "internet misunderstanding," Is most of that meant in exaggerated extreme as is typical for 40K?

Edited by Steel Accord

I've recently just began delving into the philosophies of Taosim.

I am into Taoism and as far as spirituality goes I'm very spiritual and have strong faiths.

I'm trying to be. I'm not sure if anyone can claim with any authority to be very spiritual because if you are, you wouldn't need to say such now would you?

My specific practice is what I like to call Syncretic Catholicism. I am Catholic and I do practice, but with my Kung Fu training, I've been introduced to Buddhist and Taoist concepts that I've incorporated into my religion. 

In front of my shrine, I even have the cross hanging over the Buddha's head and I even bless myself with a combination of the two gestures. The typical "head, hearts, shoulders" thing, but when I bring my hands together again it's in the hand over fist position and then I bow; to both of my teachers.

I haven't heard of Taosim. I'll have to look it up!

• Brohoof 1

Little off topic:

If you could be among any of the Astartes and hold any rank (except Primarch), which one would you join and which position would you have?

Yes, most of them do, you're accentuating the negative to a superfluous degree. Give it to me straight so there is no "internet misunderstanding," Is most of that meant in exaggerated extreme as is typical for 40K?

Wolves, or Steel Confessors - I'm jaded against the Codex Astartes and the changes brought about with the lore redux in 5th edition.  As for your second question, yes.  But a little exaggeration is good for the soul, especially if it inspires you to do better.

• Brohoof 1