Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Make Your Mark's IMDB rating.

CastletonSnob

To put that rating in perspective, Sid the Science Kid and Atomic Betty both have a 5.5 rating on IMDB.

I'm not going to pretend MYM is a masterpiece, but there’s no way it's only slightly better than Sid the Science Kid or Atomic Betty.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

I really don't care what IMDb says (they only have FiM rated at 7.7/10), but I do feel that rating is too low. Way to bolster my argument about this show being underrated because that is quite literally underrating the show. I mean, I do at least fully agree with how Missing the Mark and Roots of All Evil Part 2 are rated as the best episodes of the show, but only 8.1/10 and 7.8/10 respectively? Get out of here. :zipp-wut:

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

22 minutes ago, Misty Shadow said:

I really don't care what IMDb says (they only have FiM rated at 7.7/10), but I do feel that rating is too low. Way to bolster my argument about this show being underrated because that is quite literally underrating the show. I mean, I do at least fully agree with how Missing the Mark and Roots of All Evil Part 2 are rated as the best episodes of the show, but only 8.1/10 and 7.8/10 respectively? Get out of here. :zipp-wut:

FiM being only 7.7 kind of blows my mind. Especially since Bluey is a whole ass 9.4 and I'd consider them both at least on equal footing. That said, looking around a bit they also have Puss In Boots The Last Wish at 7.8(!!), Shrek 2 at 7.3 (Really??) and My Neighbor Totoro at only an 8.1... Yeah okay I can't take IMDB ratings too seriously knowing that. I'd personally put MYM at around 7 or 8 and FiM at 9 or 9.5.

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

FiM being only 7.7 kind of blows my mind. Especially since Bluey is a whole ass 9.4 and I'd consider them both at least on equal footing. That said, looking around a bit they also have Puss In Boots The Last Wish at 7.8(!!), Shrek 2 at 7.3 (Really??) and My Neighbor Totoro at only an 8.1... Yeah okay I can't take IMDB ratings too seriously knowing that. I'd personally put MYM at around 7 or 8 and FiM at 9 or 9.5.

Wow. :pip-err: I like Bluey enough to have watched every single episode of it, but come on. If you're going to be that generous to a surprisingly good toddler's show, why can that generosity not be shared with surprisingly good pony shows? 

• Brohoof 2

On 2024-01-19 at 4:03 AM, Misty Shadow said:

Wow. :pip-err: I like Bluey enough to have watched every single episode of it, but come on. If you're going to be that generous to a surprisingly good toddler's show, why can that generosity not be shared with surprisingly good pony shows? 

IMDb has a weighting system for their ratings – not every vote counts the same. They haven't revealed how it works, but it's interesting to think about – I've understood more active voters might have more impact, but if that's true, that could be an incentive for people to spam votes on titles they haven't even seen.

The unweighted average for FIM is 8.4, not much worse than Bluey's 8.8. It's weird that the weighted rating differs so much. I expected FIM to have more voters giving it a 1 due to a more active hatedom, but Bluey actually has a higher percentage of both 1 votes (8.7% vs. 8.5%) and 10 votes (73.0% vs. 57.9%).  :wau: MYM has 29.7% giving it a 10 (clearly worse than either Bluey or FIM), 8.7% giving a 1 (matching Bluey). The unweighted mean is again slightly better than the weighted rating (6.3).

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...