Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Official confirmation that MLP Make Your Mark has ended and that Gillian Berrow said that she is no longer working for Hasbro as of now

WickedGames

MLP G5 can't compete with the legacy of the others without another 3D series in my opinion. MYM was good, but it feels like this is a rather short run, all things considered. I am disappointed, I suppose I'll just have to hold out for G6 whenever that comes about. I do watch TYT, but its not enough to maintain a high level of interest for me. 

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

Us quietly getting official confirmation of MYM ending isn't anything new, but man, I have an empty feeling imagining another G5 show without Gillian Berrow. She truly understood the heart and soul of MLP. :(

• Brohoof 1
  • Sad 1

50 minutes ago, Evil Pink One said:

Luckily avatar netflix is a banger gen 5 can go to tartarus for all i care muhahahaha:manic-laughter:

I don’t know, the original creators departing from it is NEVER a good sign :unsure:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/avatar-last-airbender-creators-exit-netflix-adaptation-1307085/

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

I don’t know, the original creators departing from it is NEVER a good sign :unsure:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/avatar-last-airbender-creators-exit-netflix-adaptation-1307085/

The original creators arent doing good either. They did make korra. And that pretty much says nothing. I watched episode 1 and 2 so i dont know.... But i wanna see azula and tie lee.

Season 2 please.......

9 hours ago, Evil Pink One said:

The original creators arent doing good either. They did make korra. And that pretty much says nothing. I watched episode 1 and 2 so i dont know.... But i wanna see azula and tie lee.

Season 2 please.......

Korra wasn’t bad, just underwhelming in comparison 

10 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

Korra wasn’t bad, just underwhelming in comparison 

They kinda butchered aang and touf....

Aang was a selfish father like the fire lord for some reason. And touf..... I really dont see touf being that desperate for love.... Well then again .... Eh. Maybe touf would be like that.

Anyway korra was trying to "push" something which didn't go well.

I think it's too much to say that this "confirms the end of 3D G5", it confirmed the end of MyM at best, that doesn't mean they'll never make new 3D porductions again for this generation, I don't think there's anything to stop them from making MyM 2 or something, if they only continue making TyT it's simply because they understand that the 2D shorts show performs better.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Rafa Stary said:

I think it's too much to say that this "confirms the end of 3D G5", it confirmed the end of MyM at best, that doesn't mean they'll never make new 3D porductions again for this generation, I don't think there's anything to stop them from making MyM 2 or something, if they only continue making TyT it's simply because they understand that the 2D shorts show performs better.

Usually companies lay off people when something aint going well.... So gen 5 is on the chopping board is a no brainer.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So what does this mean for G5? Is it all ending? Is Tell your Tale going to become the show? I heard TYT is continuing on for this year while Make your Mark isn't. Does this mean all of G5 dies by 2025? Or is the 3D show going to continue under a new name? 

If they plan to transform TYT from shorts into a full series, I think it would be an improvement. I've enjoyed TYT MUCH more then MYM. It's on-par 2D animation is more palatable then MYM's sub-par 3D animation. The songs are better and there's something about the writing that's better too. I especially like the episodes where the coming of pony magic changed everything for florists and magicians. Also TYT has covered some gaps in the lore that MYM overlooked.

If the 3D show continues under a new name let's hope they do it in a proper series format instead of those "chapters."

Edited by Casey Pones
Missed a bit of info
  • Brohoof 2