Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hasbro's 2024 "MLP: Franchise Overview" presentation: Make Your Mark canceled? & Other information

Princess.Luna

Making this post because @StarlightNyars said in my intro thread that these slides haven't been seen on this site before.

Hasbro released a presentation for its investors earlier this year with much information about MLP G5 but the most notable thing about it is the lack of information about Make Your Mark, the 3D "headline" series for the generation.

As I said over in my intro thread, this presentation barely mentioned MYM except for saying its episodes will basically continue being available. It was all about TYT and called TYT the "one & only ponable content series". It sure looks like that means Hasbro decided to pull the plug on our (adorable! lovable! wonderful!) 3D ponies. Could this possibly mean anything else?

Here are the PDF files of the presentation, sourced from here: https://www.tumblr.com/g5mlp/722197667027025920/the-entire-my-little-pony-2024-franchise-overview

Hasbro-Brands-Overview.pdfMLP-2023-Marketing-Plans.pdfMLP-Brand-Deck.pdf

And the key slide that screams "Make Your Mark is done!"

tumblr_2c2e2ebf31736b856353eacfdf2abc72_bab43fef_1280.thumb.jpg.6e946999116fd704aa5ab7469607c60b.jpg

There is an Equestria Daily article about this that I refuse to link and do not recommend because it does not include the actual presentation. It was hard to find these PDFs so I hope they will be easier for others to find when they're uploaded here on this post.

There is a lot of other information in these slides to talk about but I am rushing to make this post because @StarlightNyars looks to be bursting with intriguing insights to share and they asked for this thread. So, please, reply to this thread with your highlights and thoughts about what the presentation tells us!

Edited by Princess.Luna
add image of MYM "canceled" slide
  • Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

Thanks for making this post Luna! I haven’t seen anyone else make this post before and not sure if they have, but thank you for this information!

I’m going look through more on this later, but initial thoughts tell me that the series is doing a lot better than Hasbro has initially hoped as there is a turn around in content and market strategy than the previous years. With shifts in between studios and writers a while back too, it looks like they are going to be investing a lot more into G5 than before. G5’s writing quality has improved with chapter 4 & 5 of MYM too. TYT has done HUGE numbers so I’m not surprised a “series 2”(probs means season 2) has been green lit from what those slides have shown. 2D animation is cheaper for them as they can outsource a majority of the works for low costs and may more money back on the ad revenue and more from what these numbers have shown. 

The brand deck shows MYM will feature episodes through 2024 so I don’t think it’s necessarily cancelled. I think there is a huge focus on TYT as that’s free on YouTube where it’s more accessible to a larger global audience. It’s easy to say that TYT is their powerhouse/main show with what this is showing. It looks like they are going to push TYT to the moon! No pun intended XD

Edited by StarlightNyars

Nothing but respect for @StarlightNyars, but this is old news that has been frequently talked about on this site, there was a topic that linked to news about the slides.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/200121-new-mym-special-secrets-of-starlight-tyt-season-2-and-9-more-mym-episodes-possibly-revealed/#comment-6149445

We've talked about the slides and MYM possibly ending A LOT since the news broke, I've even had the PDFs saved on my computer since this news was announced. And Make Your Mark is likely not canceled, it's more likely ending with a planned finale. Twenty-seven episodes may not seem like a lot, but Netflix is Netflix. This happened with Netflix's Castlevania too, where they announced a follow-up series a month after the show ended its run of thirty-two episodes with said series set to premiere two years later.  

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, Misty Shadow said:

Nothing but respect for @StarlightNyars, but this is old news that has been frequently talked about on this site, there was a topic that linked to news about the slides.

https://mlpforums.com/topic/200121-new-mym-special-secrets-of-starlight-tyt-season-2-and-9-more-mym-episodes-possibly-revealed/#comment-6149445

We've talked about the slides and MYM possibly ending A LOT since the news broke, I've even had the PDFs saved on my computer since this news was announced. And Make Your Mark is likely not canceled, it's more likely ending with a planned finale. Twenty-seven episodes may not seem like a lot, but Netflix is Netflix. This happened with Netflix's Castlevania too, where they announced a follow-up series a month after the show ended its run of thirty-two episodes with said series set to premiere two years later.  

@Princess.Luna looks like the forums did discuss this info quite a while ago. Thank you for posting it up regardless! 

Thanks Misty, I knew somepony must’ve spoken about this and I missed it with being all over the place, thank you for bringing up that thread! I wasn’t sure if it was new info as I don’t have social media and didn’t see it mentioned on the front page. 

Edited by StarlightNyars

6 hours ago, Misty Shadow said:

I’m just wondering if a toy franchise can afford such a long time without a “mane” show for that long :mlp_huh:?

7 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I’m just wondering if a toy franchise can afford such a long time without a “mane” show for that long :mlp_huh:?

Well, with TYT apparently stepping up to the stage and MYM living on Netflix through 2024, 2025 being the year for MYM to be followed up would make sense. It may not be exactly two years or just over that amount of time, MYM's development was announced in early 2021 and premiered in mid-2022. 

Edited by Misty Shadow
Elaborated more.
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Misty Shadow said:

Well, with TYT apparently stepping up to the stage and MYM living on Netflix through 2024, 2025 being the year for MYM to be followed up would make sense. It may not be exactly two years or just over that amount of time, MYM's development was announced in early 2021 and premiered in mid-2022. 

Well, good point. Guess I was still expecting to standard seasonal releases like FIM had, but yeah, now on Netflix things are different