Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

New MYM special "Secrets of Starlight", TYT season 2, and 9 more MYM episodes possibly revealed.

CastletonSnob

Good news for you G5 fans out there: There's lots of content to come, as (possibly) revealed by a marketing slide. According to this slide, we're getting a 2nd season of Tell Your Tale, 6 episodes of MYM coming between September and October, and a 6th chapter that will consist of a special titled "Secrets of Starlight", and 3 more episodes.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2023/06/new-marketing-slide-reveals-possible.html

Now remember, this hasn't been confirmed yet.

• Brohoof 3

I hope that's true. After chapter 4 I think MyM is at least super awesome.

The worst part of this rumor is that we have to wait until the end of summer. I expected that. On the one hand, I totally don't want it (welcome back to school and goodbye holiday) and on the other, I'm going to wait for it now so bad. Damn :jazz-hooves-please:

• Brohoof 1

This is interesting news, and it's good for G5 if accurate. The lack of MYM content last year (just 8 episodes and 2 specials) combined with the long gaps between made it hard to really be interested in G5. Here however, it looks like this year will have 15 episodes and 2 specials in total, spaced out by roughly three months. It's still not the most ideal, but it's still an improvement. Plus, this could be really good if the quality of writing continues to improve, like it did in chapter 4. As for TYT, I'm definitely not as interested in that series as I am with MYM, I I am wondering what these "Longer Form Specials" will be like. TYT's main flaw is its short episode length, so having a few specials could help to improve it slightly. Overall this all should be good news for G5

1 hour ago, Props Valroa said:

I would not like to see Starlight in G5 personally. G5 is a separate generation for a reason. Adhere to something new instead of rehashing the old. 

I'm 99% sure they're not referring to Starlight the character

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Megas said:

I'm 99% sure they're not referring to Starlight the character

I second that, I think that it's more likely this special will actually center around character development for Sunny Starscout. It's coming out around the holidays, and part of the lore around the holiday, Winter Wishday, was the wishing star. Secrets of Starlight could also actually be referring to secrets about Twilight Sparkle, considering her connection with stars and potential connection to Sunny. 

• Brohoof 2

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this marketing report also imply that MYM will end after Secrets of Starlight? That'd be pretty disappointing if it did since it's way better than TYT. As for the special, I'm not sure whether they'll actually bring Glimmy back or not, but the purple and turquoise coloring of the logo is a little suspicious.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, CorvetteZora said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't this marketing report also imply that MYM will end after Secrets of Starlight? That'd be pretty disappointing if it did since it's way better than TYT. As for the special, I'm not sure whether they'll actually bring Glimmy back or not, but the purple and turquoise coloring of the logo is a little suspicious.

I've noticed a lot of people say that the lack of an announcement means that this whole Starlight special will end the MyM series. I don't see it that way. The bar is just about 2023. We don't know what the exactly plans are for 2024. I think if Chapter 5 and 6 were to be the last, this information would appear here... TyT has a very simple animation... and it's safe to announce it. 

I also think that the next chapters may just be in the process of development and it's better to announce what is already in the completion stage than not to keep the word or delay it.

Well... my answer is worth as much as the answer saying that MyM is ending. I'm optimistic and I say that's not true. I think we'll find out in August, before the official announcement of new chapter what the policy towards the series will be.

By the way... I personally wouldn't mind TyT if it had a slower pace and longer episodes.

It doesn't make sense to me. "No official information about the two upcoming chapters" but "we will tell you about the another next two". It might actually be better to have a restrained policy, not to release another crap like chapter 1 due to technical issues etc. and it may be that MyM will get even more content than expected. I think there are many variables here.  We have to wait at least until the next chapters will be released. No one can correct you because no one knows for sure. :laugh:

Edited by nataalya

23 minutes ago, nataalya said:

I've noticed a lot of people say that the lack of an announcement means that this whole Starlight special will end the MyM series. I don't see it that way. 

I don't think "end" is the proper term myself. When I last talked to that leaker who got the Chapter 4 release date right, he said that more episodes could be ordered. The show's still going to be broadcast on more places than just Netflix in 2024, so if they're not continuing it at the moment, I think the proper term for the show's status is "on hiatus". 

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, CloudMistDragon said:

I don't think "end" is the proper term myself. When I last talked to that leaker who got the Chapter 4 release date right, he said that more episodes could be ordered. The show's still going to be broadcast on more places than just Netflix in 2024, so if they're not continuing it at the moment, I think the proper term for the show's status is "on hiatus". 

The thing is, the lack of 2024 MYM announcements, and the statement of being the premier and performance of TYT (not to mention outperforming FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC :lostit:) are reasons for concern for MYM :unsure:

I dont want to start an irrelevant sub topic to the initial post, but Starlight was the pulse for sales for Hasbro after 2016, despite a tiny minority of neckbeards insisting everyone hated her in their pissy delusional witch hunt. I will say I agree I dont want her back in G.5 and I think if they did an act of shameless desperation like that to pander, it would bomb, and it would cement the fact that Hasbro is slaving her for material based off of public receptions from years ago... 

THAT BEING SAID...

I believe this could be referring to another pony, or an event, or tradition, that has its own unique lore, and they are going to have to uncover mysteries about it that are relevant to the main plot line, AS A REFERENCE THOUGH, if it "were" pertaining to Starlight Glimmer, and ancient equestrian lore, or magic she had hidden or known about, it would be okay to just "reference her" without showing her in a cringe g.4 to g.5 interpretation render swap. I dont want that, I think Twilight translated terribly.. and I dont want them to do that to any other ponies from g.4 

I dont think Starlight will appear again, I think this is a new pony, or tradition, or ceremony, that has secrets that they need to know that pertain to their magic, or magic in Equestria... but there are some instances, that "referencing" ponies that lived alongside Twilight Sparkle, would almost seem, necessary, as she had so much help accomplishing her goals, and saving Equestria countless times, it would be an insane oversight not to have them mentioned honestly... remember the introduction to "A New Generation", the Starscout family, knows the lore... maybe there is even more they didnt know about

• Brohoof 1

Ehh...I don't think "Secrets of Starlight" is referring to Starlight Glimmer but speculation is always fun. :kirin:

It would be like if they called an episode "Between Twilight and the Moonlight" and people thought it was about Twilight Sparkle and Nightmare Moon. 

7 hours ago, Cassiopeia said:

I dont want to start an irrelevant sub topic to the initial post, but Starlight was the pulse for sales for Hasbro after 2016, despite a tiny minority of neckbeards insisting everyone hated her in their pissy delusional witch hunt.

Ugh, agree. One was cringy, and insistent with poor arguments about Starlight. At least the Flash “He Took My Waifu” Sentry rants were memetic and fun :scoots:. I ACTUALLY BEGAN LIKING THE GUY :D

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-06-16 at 1:17 AM, CorvetteZora said:

Hasbro did the same muliple times during G4 so it doesn't mean much. Considering how Netflix has been going down the drain, they might move the CGI-Series somewhere else under a new name considering they gave Netflix the exclusive rights to MYM and they might not want to state anything that could be a breach of contract.

• Brohoof 2

On 2023-06-19 at 6:14 AM, Jirai Kei said:

Hasbro did the same muliple times during G4 so it doesn't mean much. Considering how Netflix has been going down the drain, they might move the CGI-Series somewhere else under a new name considering they gave Netflix the exclusive rights to MYM and they might not want to state anything that could be a breach of contract.

Oh yes, plans can change. I posted about this on another site. 

TYTOriginallyEndingin2023.thumb.jpg.2d0e070c80ff4dbbcf56859fdcddb2a4.jpg

I'm serious...it's looking more and more likely that what actually happened here is that they truly were not anticipating that growth the MLP property saw in late 2021 and 2022. We all assumed that TYT being set back to only being bi-weekly was so it wouldn't get too far ahead of MYM and spoil plot points...but check out this original schedule from G5's most accurate leaker. 

aHR0cHM6Ly9jZG4uZGlzY29yZGFwcC5jb20vYXR0

The delay only affected Chapter 4's release by two months and the new Chapters 5 and 6 releases by ten days. Would they really make TYT bi-weekly for an entire year just for that? Or could it be that they actually originally wanted it to end alongside MYM because the G5 franchise's life expectancy was initially estimated to be a lot lower? What if the real reason TYT appears to be getting "the favorite child treatment" is actually just because it was the much easier show to renew at the last minute? :pip-err:

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-06-25 at 1:09 PM, CloudMistDragon said:

The delay only affected Chapter 4's release by two months and the new Chapters 5 and 6 releases by ten days. Would they really make TYT bi-weekly for an entire year just for that? Or could it be that they actually originally wanted it to end alongside MYM because the G5 franchise's life expectancy was initially estimated to be a lot lower? What if the real reason TYT appears to be getting "the favorite child treatment" is actually just because it was the much easier show to renew at the last minute? :pip-err:

You are making a good point actually! Considering that G5 had the bad luck of launching during the corona pandemic, they probably didn't consider ordering more new content precisely because nobody knew when global production would go back to normal, and a company wouldn't order new additional content for a toy advertisment series where ther toys might not even be on shelves for a while.

• Brohoof 1

On 2023-07-15 at 3:28 AM, Jirai Kei said:

You are making a good point actually! Considering that G5 had the bad luck of launching during the corona pandemic, they probably didn't consider ordering more new content precisely because nobody knew when global production would go back to normal, and a company wouldn't order new additional content for a toy advertisment series where ther toys might not even be on shelves for a while.

We have to remember G4 horses was originally planned to end with S3 :mlp_huh:. Maybe the same will happen with G5, but it may take longer for them to announce a new chapter post 2023, as as stated, it take longer to produce MYM content

• 3 weeks later...
On 2023-06-15 at 3:45 PM, Misty Shadow said:

I second that, I think that it's more likely this special will actually center around character development for Sunny Starscout. It's coming out around the holidays, and part of the lore around the holiday, Winter Wishday, was the wishing star. Secrets of Starlight could also actually be referring to secrets about Twilight Sparkle, considering her connection with stars and potential connection to Sunny. 

Well...unless G5's most accurate leaker is joking... :Sunny-huh:

aHR0cHM6Ly9tZWRpYS5kaXNjb3JkYXBwLm5ldC9h

...I'll be damned. :izzy-oooh: "The mysterious portal", by the way, is referring to the portal seen in a recently released MYM clip for one of the songs. Just wait until the "G5 is an alternate universe" theorists hear about this. 

UPDATE: Nope, not damned because he really was joking, possibly making fun of all the "STARLIGHT GLIMMER IS RETURNING?!?!" clickbait on Youtube. :jazz-hooves-please:

Edited by Misty Shadow
Made an update affirming something.
  • Brohoof 1